Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

the most boring handgun ever made

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by coosbaycreep, Nov 3, 2009.

1. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

GUN IS SOLD

ruger single six
    .22lr only
    some holster wear
    my dad called ruger earlier this year to find out when it was made, and it's 1964 IIRC
    never had the safety updated either, so it's more dangerous than new ones I would assume
    leather holster
    fake black pearl grips
    incredibly accurate, incredibly reliable, and incredibly boring. Your great great great grandkids will die of old age (and probably boredom as well) before you wear this slow loading thing out

price drop to $250, and I'll throw in a box of .22lr ammo
    no trades any longer, as I bought another gun this morning and want the money

2. coosbaycreep

price drop to $260 firm
    still open to trades, especially a decent mauser in 8mm, or might throw in some cash for a nazi mauser

3. coosbaycreep

there's some more pics for the people asking
    it's hard to see because of the flash and crappy camera...and crappy photographer, but the worst holster wear is shown in the last pic

<Please do not "bump" your AD more than once per week. Edit your original post with new info/updates. Thanks>

4. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

bump just cause your ad rocks. It is quite humorous and honest all in one!

Please look at the forum's rules...it clearly states you cannot bump an ad including someone's else's ad more than once per week. This ad got two bumps in the same day. A bump is a bump. Thanks.

5. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

just a quick question, I have this same gun, is it incredibly hard to get the spent shells out of the cylinder for you?

6. Stinkerbelle

Stinkerbelle Tualatin, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Justification,

I had a single six circa 1980 or so, and I had a terrible time getting the spent shells out when shooting .22 long rifle. Mine had the .22 mag cylinder too, and it worked fine. I thought about taking it to a smith to see what he could do with it, but never did. Ended up giving it to my son.

7. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

was everybody using the ejector rod to push the shells out or trying to dig them out with your finger nails?

8. coosbaycreep

I haven't shot it for a long time now, but I don't ever remember having problems ejecting shells. Seems kinda odd that any SA revolver would have problems ejecting empties since it's one at a time, and you can put quite a bit of force behind the ejector rod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.