JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"... there is no basis for saying that the United States is somehow "not a democracy, but a republic."

The two forms of government, Democracy and Republic, are poles apart. In lines with trying to sell us on a "living" Constitution, the left continues to misrepresent, in revisionist history fashion, the fact that these two forms of government are entirely different.

A Democracy is characterized by the majority having unlimited power over the minority. The people have no unalienable rights in a Democracy, only privileges that can at any time be revoked. Without limit and without protection, the minority can be tyrannized by the majority, by "mob-rule".

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin

U.S. Constitution, Article 4, Section 4 "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government..."

A Republic is characterized by government, and the majority, being limited in power by a constitution. The constitution is only changeable by the arduous process of amendment. The people possess unalienable, God-given rights. The majority, no matter how large, cannot infringe on the rights of the minority, even a minority of one.

It's a country where (ideally at least) the majority wins. If the majority want's gun control, then, against my own beliefs, it should be so.

This is one of the most dangerous and repugnant statements I have yet to read on this forum.

Yet, here we are, fighting for our Rights.

The Democrats know what they are doing is unconstitutional, but they will do it anyway, knowing full well that they have unlimited resources to defend their position in the courts, whereas groups like ours do not.

From many sources. My streaming news list is at least 20 sites. My Roku has 9 news channels loaded. I don't get to them all, all the time, but I watch more news than I do movies. :)

Ya gotta take in all sides of a point to really be fair-and-balanced.
Not trying to be nosey, but I am really interested in finding sources that merely report the news without shaping it with bias. All the regulars seem to use the same talking points and even the same sentences as each other - like they all come from a common source...and the facts they leave out- to shape the story! For instance, what sources did you watch to get the true story of the Covington boys? Of course he has his slant, but you hear stuff you don't hear a peep about from other networks, on Tucker Carlton's show. You can pm me if you wish. Thanks.

Bleh! :p Hopefully all your friends aren't so single-sided. That seems rather limiting.
Next election I might be GOP, as I have in the past. Or not, depends on who's running in the primary.
I change parties often and not devoted to any of them.

I'm a gun-toting pro-choice pro-LGBT atheist straight white male, so it's kinda difficult to find one party that fits all my facets. :)
Sound like a Classical Liberal, much like Dave Rubin. Glad you're here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top