JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I won't go to any store that a little wanna be cop,that is younger than my kid,and hasn't been alive as long as I have handled guns tell me how to hold a gun.

That store is by far,thee worst gun shop in washington.

They are 5 minutes from my house. I have been shopping there for over 15 years and still nobody knows my name. Good but not real personal service except when I dropped 2k on a gun. King for a day. And I will keep going there as long as they are open.

I used to shop and shoot there frequently. But that was quite a few years ago. They still seem to have a good selection. And having rentals on hand is awesome.

But recently the resident know it all was too much for me.

I'll never stop in there again.

I have purchased more than one pistol from the Marksman. There is a respectable selection of rentals to assist moving forward with a purchase decision. Service can be exceptional or dreadful depending on which salesperson you are dealing with, the latter obviously being a deal breaker. At least one of the salesperson's poor demeanor and personality has been accurately described in previous posts (#21 and 25.) At one point I had considered the Marksman a go-to LGS but my perspective has changed. I still stop by when considering a new addition.

I know of one guy in particular that this probably fits, Honestly it is a busy store and I usually just wait to talk to one of the other guys rather than him. Most of the folks there are very open and while have thier preference in weapon do not ram it down your throat. It is my local range, I pass their front door everyday on the say home, so try to stop in and shoot at least once a month. I can't fault them too much for not remembering ever customers name, but spend a little time talking guns with them and they will remember you, maybe not by name, but they will recognize you when you walk in and ask how you have been etc.. Think about the sheer number of people a day they see. It has been a madhouse this year, usually 2-3 people at any given time doing paperwork for a purchase in the evenings.

I did not rate the Marksman poorly. I was trying to be as objective as possible. I used to frequent their facilities on a bi-weekly basis, weekly if my scheduled allowed but I prefer shooting outdoors. I have also purchased a majority of my pistols from the store. As you pointed out, the Marksman is a busy store and with the volume of people in and out of the store, I do not find fault or even expect their salespeople to remember me by name, especially since I no longer frequent the store or indoor range as I once did. As a repeat customer, you learn which salespeople to deal with and who to avoid. Unfortunately, for the Marksman, there is at least one salesperson who ruins the experience. A point that I did not touch on was considering the volume of people and sales in the store, you would expect more competitive pricing but that is not always the case.

Yeah, I touched on that as well, some sales people just avoid. Very good point about the pricing, I forgot to mention that and thier FFL fee is $50 + tax.

One addition to my review. If you are in need of some smith work, Summit Arms Services, LLC, the independent gunsmithing and appraisal business entity located inside the Marksman, is excellent.

Well I went in there yesterday for the first and what has now turned out to be the last time. I am a usual or regular customer of Surplus ammo and arms but since they are still waiting on some FFL issue can't sell and weapons.. etc.. Long story short the recommended that both my friend and I check out The Marksman because they are the only other store that offer the Law Enforcement / Military discounted Glocks locally. Both my friend and myself were looking to buy another Glock. The sales Guys were really detached from the basics of good customer service almost border line rude at some points. Absoulutley no sense of humor basically made the both of us feel like they didn't care to help us out or answer questions we had when comparing various models etc.. I eneded up buying a Glock 23 Gen 4 with factory night sights and a box of ammo, was going to buy more accessoires but when I asked if there would be any way to possibly get a 10% discount on a holster the salesman was rude and said hey if you dont like the f****n price the tough buy it somewhere else.. my jaw almost hit the floor. my friend that was at this time pulling out his orders and id and cpl looked at me in amazement and said well, I am definatley just going to wait for Surplus ammo and arms to be back on line, I cant believe what we just heard.. I couldn't believe it either had I not already paid for my Glock we would have walked right back out of there. Not only did they lose the sale of the holster and a few other things I was going to buy. They also lost the sale of the Glock my friend was going to buy and all the extras he was looking at too.. Never will I do business with them again and needless to say neither will my friend and I will be sure to share this with everyone I know in my unit and with anybody I know considering buying any type of firearm or anything to do with one. If this is the way they are willing to treat a service member I can only imagine how they treat a civillian... Well Thank you Northwest Firearms Forum for letting me vent my dissapointment..lol

I had heard good things about them
Was disappointed when I visited

Selling the XDs for over $600 (with a bunch in stock)
I got mine ten miles away for over $100 less
Ammo prices were outrageous (on there very limited selection )

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top