Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Marksman

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

2. SiegGeringer

SiegGeringer Snohomish Co WA Member

The Marksman is a pretty good place....decent prices, helpful folks, and the range is nice enough....I once shot IDPA there.

3. ainokea

ainokea Mountlake Terrace, WA Member

I agree they do have good prices, got my xd45 tactical for 500. Good people very helpful. Good range.

4. borrowedsig

borrowedsig Lincoln, Nebraska Active Member

Agreed, i was there with you.

Matt

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Nice selection, decent prices, helpful staff - saw them turn away a straw purchase, which always warms my heart.

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Ron Schmitt is a very good instructor there, too. If you're looking to qualify for pistol he can get 'er done for you.

Nice selection of handguns, handy range, though a little short and could use better lighting.

7. RainbowBob

RainbowBob North Seattle Member

I took the "Personal Protection and the Use of Force" class from Ron Schmitt. It was excellent and includes a session with the video simulator (the only one around that I'm aware of).

8. jaredpost

jaredpost Puyallup Member

Great place to buy guns. I bought an HK45 and springfield XDM 9mm from them recently and they were very quick with the paperwork. Very friendly but understaffed most of the time especially if you are calling in with a question.

Ammo is a bit more, so I go to sportco in fife (best deal I've found with lots on the shelf)

9. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Hmmmm... these good comments makes me want to make an effort to visit there again. I used to live down the road about 16 years ago and used them for practice but since I've moved out yonder I haven't been back.

10. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

Just have to say, went to the Marksman today and was very impressed with everything. I went to Federal Way Discount Guns and then over to The Marksman. While I like FW Discount, when it gets busy it isn't always easy to get help. While I was at The Marksman, even though it was extremely busy I was asked twice if I needed help and their prices were very competitive. I Highly recommend them. I was only buying ammo today but I will definitely buy my next gun there.

11. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Coming all the way from Bellingham even?? Glad to hear it was worth the trip. :thumbup:

12. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

Yup, it's a long drive but I have family down that way. My brother shoots too and the ammo supply is pretty dry up here so I called him up and went on a ammo run. I scrounged up 250 rounds of 9mm, 120 rounds of 7.62x39 and some buckshot. I couldn't find any CZ 75 compact mags though, checked at FW Discount, Marksman and Bullseye. Anybody know a CZ dealer in Washington that might have them? I would order some online but they're for an older Tangfolio TZ75 compact and I need to test fit them.

13. doubleactiononly

doubleactiononly Seattle Member

The prices are some of the best in the area, and they have a superb selection, including H&K. They're also really "strict" about safety, a good thing in my book

The only thing I don't really like about the shop is the range. It's not heated, and they use wire-hung target holders, so you have to let them sit for a minute to stop bouncing after sending them down.

14. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

Definitely helpful folks there. Always seems to be quite a few customers. Understaffed, I should get a part time job there. But they have a nice selection of firearms and ammo. And I like the indoor range.

15. RainbowBob

RainbowBob North Seattle Member

Think of it as good defensive practice shooting at a moving target.

16. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Nice place to do some plinking in our crappy, wet weather. Only thing i wish they would do is, GET A HEATER!!! Be one cold son of a gun in the winter.:)

17. Kanewpadle

Kanewpadle Washington Member

The owner (Mike) bought the place about 10-12 years ago. Real nice guy. They have some good salesman for the most part. But I don't shoot there because I absolutely refuse to pay them for a range safety class.

18. Backwoods

Backwoods Middle of no where... Member

Must say compared to most gun shops (not sporting good stores with a Gun Department) these guys were rad. totally nice and good prices for the range.

19. m1gunr

m1gunr Tacoma Member

So $10 for a lifetime range safety card is too much to ask ?

20. wiresparker

wiresparker puyallup valley New Member

I have sat thru' the class 3 times now, once for me and twice with others I have brought to the range, sorry to say I don't get there often.
    and yes, they have always been good people.
    ace