JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@45alive Are you crying in your mancave? The NYTimes reports that real men spend time each day crying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fashion/mens-style/27-ways-to-be-a-modern-man.html?_r=0

27 Ways to Be a Modern Man

25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn't own one, and he never will.

26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

Of course, 26 might be because of 25.
No, I don't cry often. :cool:Sounds like YOU do for sure:s0058: reading Men's fashion / Men's-Style. :s0132:My original question was how much ''Time'' is OK to spend in my Mancave or Private Space. I love Guns by the way. :s0003: :s0163:

No, I don't cry often. :cool:Sounds like YOU do for sure:s0058: reading Men's fashion / Men's-Style. :s0132:My original question was how much ''Time'' is OK to spend in my Mancave or Private Space. I love Guns by the way. :s0003: :s0163:

Question:

Why ask about your marriage on a forum where most are or have been divorced once or multiple times - I'm guessing because we all love guns (going on 20 years with my first wife btw).

Everyone's different, the person it sounds like you should be asking these questions too is your wife;)

Been Married 27 years we take what time we need when we need it. No one complains, No one feels left out no one plans. Shes been my best friend 30 years and goes without saying the above just comes natural. She also qualified to have my six and weighs in heavy on points.
And then no matter what we end up in the same room at night ;) and wake up in the same room.
Saw the thread and never really is something we think about just is what it is and works just fine.
I take what I need she takes what she needs and then we both go shopping at Cabelas . Life is good :)

@45alive Are you crying in your mancave? The NYTimes reports that real men spend time each day crying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fashion/mens-style/27-ways-to-be-a-modern-man.html?_r=0

27 Ways to Be a Modern Man

25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn't own one, and he never will.

26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

Of course, 26 might be because of 25.

wow, that list is the most random collection of WTF crap I've ever seen. Modern man does not drink mountain dew? What the F ??? That makes no sense, who even would care about that? or point it out? or write it down?

"The modern man does not scold his daughter when she sneezes eating a donut?" Seriously WTF^2
Did ancient man scold sneezing donut eaters?

my brain hurts.

wow, that list is the most random collection of WTF crap I've ever seen. Modern man does not drink mountain dew? What the F ??? That makes no sense, who even would care about that? or point it out? or write it down?

"The modern man does not scold his daughter when she sneezes eating a donut?" Seriously WTF^2
Did ancient man scold sneezing donut eaters?

my brain hurts.

Just a somewhat imaginative way for the nyt to subtly spew anti gun bigotry.

My Old Lady and me have been Married 10+ years and we have a great relationship-friendship. :s0116: No problems in the area of Romance, Love, and Affection. She goes out with her friends and I hang out with my Bud's:s0011: and we TRUST each other and RESPECT each other. I have my Man stuff and she has her Woman stuff and I was just looking for an Opinion . :s0092:I just asked on this Forum because we share the same interests and figured most on here have their own Mancave, Private Space, or Garage. :s0091: :s0100: :s0088:

As long as neither of you is unhappy, it sounds like you got it nailed:).

Only speaking for myself, it has changed many times during the 20+ years I've known my wife. We have had times where jobs required more time then we would have liked and had less time together then ideal. We have also had times where we needed to find individual hobbies, and while some of mine she will do and visa versa we do out best to not get involved so that it stays our own time.

I couldn't quantify it in hours or min, but I can say 30 min by a fire is worth 3 hours in front of the TV.

As long as neither of you is unhappy, it sounds like you got it nailed:).

Only speaking for myself, it has changed many times during the 20+ years I've known my wife. We have had times where jobs required more time then we would have liked and had less time together then ideal. We have also had times where we needed to find individual hobbies, and while some of mine she will do and visa versa we do out best to not get involved so that it stays our own time.

I couldn't quantify it in hours or min, but I can say 30 min by a fire is worth 3 hours in front of the TV.
Right on ! :s0155:

Story time:

My wife came back Minday night. I haven't seen or heard from her since Sunday morning. She was having some girl time with her bestest.

She walks in the door Monday evening and her hair was colored (darker) and cut all different. I looked at her and was like "so you look like Carol Brady now, and I think the haircut looks like a$$".

Maybe not the best choice of words.

She got mad and walked off. I gave her a few minutes and went to apologize to her. She was fine and knew I wouldn't like it. See the problem was that she liked it therefor I have no choice but to like it.

Point of the story:
She texts two friends to tell them what happened. Both of her friends express to her how brutally honest each of us are in our relationship. We voice our opinions but realize when we cross the line.

In retaliation I asked how she would feel if I shaved my bear... She stopped me there and said "don't even think about it, I would probably feel the same as you feel about my hair"

Point made.

So maybe ask her about the time spent, so you can both be completely honest.... Even if you don't like the result the other has.

We are both a little nutty...

Horrible pie-anna music... broken engrish text... what are the 8 signs my life is over?

Stomp Man, I have it on good word, that you will know your life is over, after you Exhale, then you forget to Inhale.

It should always follow that pattern, for Life to exist... Ex.....hale

IN Hale......

EX........Hale

Inhale,

Never try to Inhale twice, with out exhaling in between the two, sort of like a Breathing Sammwich, hold the Mayo & Mustard...

Like wise, if you Exhale Twice, without the Inhale...

Consider a trip to the Morgue, as you can not do an Exhale Twice, with out between the Two, there being an InHale.

Those are the 100% facts of life, added into that are more confusing items, like liquids, preferably Water, Straight, no Hops, or Ice.

Food, at least Oncet a Day, THREE TIMES Daily is more preferable...

Yours, in Breathing,

philip. I been breathing that way, for Sixty Five Years, Four Months & 14 days...

I have never missed a Day in my Life in that Process...

Like the AA MeMbers Say: it Works, If You work it.

They also say, "Once a Pickle, Never a Cucumber Again" but that is a different Story.... :confused:

No wife so my house is my cave. One room dedicated to safes, reloading and gun stuff. Spare room with guitars , amps, hide a bed and HotWheels:rolleyes:.
Garage full of fishin gear ,boat and power tools.
Family room with big screen and comfy couch and recliner for Fred.
Kitchen with beer stalked fridge, deep fryer.
Living room for when I have company. Freds in there way more than I am.
Dining room with holes in the wall from pellet gun ( four layers of cardboard doesn't stop em )
Bedroom with dresser full of spare Ar parts , spotting scope and a well stocked humidor. Small bed for Fred, big one for me ( don't tell Fred )
Guess I spend as much time in there as I want. I actually prefer living with Fred as to having a wife.
Been there, done that.

The world is my "man cave." And I feel no need to isolate myself where my toys are stored to fondle and work on them. That's what kitchen tables are for!

My former flame in San Diego was cute and fun, but she had a tragically ugly jealous streak over things I enjoyed (that left her ambivalent) - loud electric guitars, motorcyles, guns, etc.

The gal I've loved madly since 2002 summed it all up the first time we compared notes about our pasts...

"Jealous? What the hell was wrong with her? You NEED to be in a band!"

Last Edited:
No wife so my house is my cave. One room dedicated to safes, reloading and gun stuff. Spare room with guitars , amps, hide a bed and HotWheels:rolleyes:.
Dining room with holes in the wall from pellet gun ( four layers of cardboard doesn't stop em )
Bedroom with dresser full of spare Ar parts , spotting scope and a well stocked humidor. Small bed for Fred, big one for me ( don't tell Fred )
Guess I spend as much time in there as I want. I actually prefer living with Fred as to having a wife.
Been there, done that.

@Joe13 you need to be adopted right :D Maybe he needs someone to play Hot wheels with.........

Been there, done that.
I am blessed to have a Wife:s0116: that is a good old fashion ''Country Girl. '' Unfortunately she is a fantastic cook and I look like it. There is only one thing she does not like is when I used to Drink.:s0059: So I quit over 10 years ago for her and for me, so its a GOOD thing. She had an abusive drunk:s0079: ex and that made her very uncomfortable when I drank, even though I could hold my Alcohol well. I would be shooting in the house but my Dogs are the ones who freak out :s0075: and not her, I have thrown my knives in the wall before though.:s0004::s0108:

I see we have some over-aged teenagers in the house.... LOL!

I'm generally a responsible adult, but alas I must confess to the occasional "episode" of reckless in-house "tom-foolery"... that I'd kill one of my kids for if they'd done said "foolishness". :D