JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well let me know when you hit some real water! We were halibut fishing on the 26th in Admiralty Inlet. We didn't catch anything though so you got us there. Tight lines!
97A12C95-6482-41AF-92EB-76DD06DDDADC.jpeg 1FCA825D-4A12-429D-8595-1AFC6962AA28.jpeg

Well let me know when you hit some real water! We were halibut fishing on the 26th in Admiralty Inlet. We didn't catch anything though so you got us there. Tight lines!
View attachment 585907 View attachment 585908

That's why they call it fishin instead of catchin. Better luck next time.
I have almost given up on the rivers for salmon and steelhead & just bum rides in the salt.:p

The maiden voyage 2019 Has come and went, I put in at 7:52 this morning (I know I know, caveman slept in) but here it is 9:03 and I've got my limit. Only a five fish limit, they ought to change that to 50, then I might break a sweat.
I'm going to head home and take a nap.:s0115::s0115::s0115:

:s0071: Is hard work:s0084::s0082:

I'd be willing to bet most of you armchair fisherman haven't even got your work chairs warm yet. :eek::eek::eek: LOL

I sure hope you all have a wonderful day at WORK...:cool:

View attachment 584830 View attachment 584831
View attachment 584832 View attachment 584833 View attachment 584834
Jealous. :mad:

I have almost given up on the rivers for salmon and steelhead & just bum rides in the salt.

This is the first year since 1984, when I moved to OR, that I haven't bought the salmon tag. Since 1988 for Wifey. It's pretty much $50.00 each. It was a good decision for us I think. I just heard Owin Hayes on Outdoor GPS tell of The Army Corp of Engineers give/selling the Leaburg Hatchery on the McKenzie to the ODFW. Yay! Gov Brown cut the money for raising/releasing spring chinook for the Willamette. :mad: What a horrible woman for Oregon.

Yeah, the younger generation sees the latest return estimates and get all giddy not knowing that there used to be 75-80% more fish returning.
I am advocating that WDFW sell "Lake Only" license due to the mismanagement and politicizing of OUR resources!!!

Yeah, the younger generation sees the latest return estimates and get all giddy not knowing that there used to be 75-80% more fish returning.
I am advocating that WDFW sell "Lake Only" license due to the mismanagement and politicizing of OUR resources!!!

Don't forget, I'm in the heart of Portland. I doubt there's many in the younger generation around me that will ever take up fishing. Why should they want to fish? There's so much more recreation to be had fro a "Device". If they want to fish I'm sure there's an APP for that. :s0154:

Don't forget, I'm in the heart of Portland. I doubt there's many in the younger generation around me that will ever take up fishing. Why should they want to fish? There's so much more recreation to be had fro a "Device". If they want to fish I'm sure there's an APP for that. :s0154:

I know right?! While I take kids fishing I have a rule of NO phones for them because they need to have full concentration to send telepathic mind waves down the line to attract fish to bite....:p:p:p
That's why I like lakes, there's always fish in the lakes, where are they gonna go?!?!?!:s0140::s0140::s0140:

My kids, which are now approaching their mid 30's, do have the intestinal fortitude while in my boat to only send "Bragging Texts" to all their friends who are at work... :p:p:p Wonder where I get my attitude from???:D

I don't mind sharing strategies & what bait is working that morning, anything green.:D

Or blue, or yeller, or black/white, or hot pink, or red, or glow-in-the-dark... ;)

That's why they call it fishin instead of catchin.

I have almost given up on the rivers for salmon and steelhead & just bum rides in the salt.:p

That's why I call it ridin around and drinkin beer!

I'm bummed there are so many bad reports on the salmonid river fishing. Not that I could ever get to go again, but still...

Water looks a little salty....:p:p:p
It seemed to me that it was. I wanted to try some coming from the water dispenser on the motor but my dad wouldn't let me. :p I want to eventually take her to Sekiu or Neah Bay, we will see if that ever happens. Some guys I know from the Arima boat forum have been having some good luck with lingcod and some decent halibut there. Waiting for salmon as well, they were lighting up big time for people willing to troll by the edge of the channel and to deal with the wakes. Reportedly Tomic 4-6 inch plugs in 602 where doing well earlier in the year.

You may be interested in this Jim.
ROUND ONE: VICTORY!

Thanks for the heads up, been busy in the shop lately.

What a great day for our side, we deserve to be heard. I know of Tim Hamilton through an fishing acquaintance that lives near me in Elma, they are from McCleary.
Will keep an eye on this trial & if needed will attend it in the future.;)

Or blue, or yeller, or black/white, or hot pink, or red, or glow-in-the-dark... ;)

That's why I call it ridin around and drinkin beer!

I'm bummed there are so many bad reports on the salmonid river fishing. Not that I could ever get to go again, but still...

It's been bad for years buddy and I have seen no signs of it getting any better until till they put a cork in the Alaskan & Canadian fisheries up north!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top