The lowly .380

oldcorpgunny

Reactions
Another question here please.

Don't most of the European police carry and shoot a .380 pistol and ONLY the military owns/shoots 9mm in Europe or did I remember an old story or post incorrectly from here or in my general WWWeb gun links?

I know that they carry and shoot different rifle calibers from what I remember.

Thanks again.

Cate
Most of my family live in Western Europe and Great Britain. My cousin, the retired "Bobby" informs me that most agencies have "up gunned" to 9MM because of the abundance of weaponry and ammo through NATO.

oldcorpgunny

Reactions
I conceal carry either a Key-Tec .380 or a Ruger in .380. As I've stated too many times on this forum, I'm a fat guy and it's hard to conceal a Block on my person. The little "mouse" guns work well in my "Belly Band " holster. I am also an excellent shot with the little fellows. Besides, if I were to be unexpectedly jumped by a thug, the little .380 will function perfectly as hollow point suppositories.

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
I conceal carry either a Key-Tec .380 or a Ruger in .380. As I've stated too many times on this forum, I'm a fat guy and it's hard to conceal a Block on my person. The little "mouse" guns work well in my "Belly Band " holster. I am also an excellent shot with the little fellows. Besides, if I were to be unexpectedly jumped by a thug, the little .380 will function perfectly as hollow point suppositories.
I'd rather shoot them out of a gun than insert them as suppositories personally, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Reactions
Most of my family live in Western Europe and Great Britain. My cousin, the retired "Bobby" informs me that most agencies have "up gunned" to 9MM because of the abundance of weaponry and ammo through NATO.

Most of the 32 and 380 acp users transitioned in the 1990s. Italy municipal police were probably the biggest users of them. Still some holdouts in the far east, Various Japanese enforcement agencies issued sig 230/232 series pistols to plain cloths officers. I've seen a photos of Japanese MHLW agents (similar to the DEA in practice) clearly armed with Beretta Cheetah Series pistol.

Are bobbies largely famously unarmed (except for North Ireland)? The British do love there mass surveillance though...

oldcorpgunny

Reactions
Most of the 32 and 380 acp users transitioned in the 1990s. Italy municipal police were probably the biggest users of them. Still some holdouts in the far east, Various Japanese enforcement agencies issued sig 230/232 series pistols to plain cloths officers. I've seen a photos of Japanese MHLW agents (similar to the DEA in practice) clearly armed with Beretta Cheetah Series pistol.

Are bobbies largely famously unarmed (except for North Ireland)? The British do love there mass surveillance though...
My cousin has since retired from the Metropolitan Police Force in London. He swore that he wouldn't carry a firearm and it seems that he never did. Yes, they were the ones that were famous for being unarmed. He took me into Scotland Yard once, to visit with some of the cops there. They all seemed amazed that Americans had so many firearms.

Reactions
My cousin has since retired from the Metropolitan Police Force in London. He swore that he wouldn't carry a firearm and it seems that he never did. Yes, they were the ones that were famous for being unarmed. He took me into Scotland Yard once, to visit with some of the cops there. They all seemed amazed that Americans had so many firearms.

Ironically the RUC/PSNI was one of the most militarized police forces in Europe. Machine Guns, MRAPS, you name it they have it. I believe in the course of 30 years they lost like 300 officers (mostly to IEDS).

Reactions
Hello,

Did your cousin carry a LE type of a baton or wooden club of some type?

Was he anti gun for only when he was working - on the job as a peace officer or was he 'anti gun' all of the time for all of his life or in a specific age range?

Did he carry a pocket knife on him as a peace officer or when he was off work when the UK was not so ANTI KNIFE?

Thank you.

Cate

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom