JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would I have illegal items? That is not in the self preservation realm. Almost all of my stuff is NFA and NFA is what they want everything to be. It aint going nowhere.
For now. At some point it is likely that the Democrats will, in at least one jurisdiction, ban the transfer or assembly of certain currently legal firearms but carve out currently possessed guns. After such a law takes effect there won't be a legal way to replace those types of items lost in a fire. California is already in that position. Some people lost their California-registered "assault weapons" in the fires and they can't replace them no matter how much insurance coverage they have.

It's more likely someone you know, or someone you've talked to, or someone you've invited to your house (or someone any of those people talked to is going to rob you than some random person breaking into your house. A lot of people get their house robbed when they attend an event that others know they will be at and away from the house for multiple hours.

The goal should be reducing the house appearing desirable to break into, and preventing the break-in, compared to how you are trying to lock up whatever you have. Having some things locked up to prevent a smash and grab is fine, but the bigger problem is once your house has been broken into, even if you have lock boxes and safes, they still know that your house is a desirable one to come back too, and they definitely talk to their thief buddies.

A lot of security is more out of sight out of mind compared to fort knox type security, you'd be surprised how creative you can get when thinking about where to store some things out of sight, but physical security is further down the list for me since I'd like to make my house very undisrable to break into so that I can avoid the experience from the get go.

The goal should be reducing the house appearing desirable to break into, and preventing the break-in, compared to how you are trying to lock up whatever you have. Having some things locked up to prevent a smash and grab is fine, but the bigger problem is once your house has been broken into, even if you have lock boxes and safes, they still know that your house is a desirable one to come back too, and they definitely talk to their thief buddies.

Dead cars. They'll help with negative curb appeal. I'm down to 6 from 15 and I live in town. Everybody should have spare parts too. The ner-do-wells have to negotiate a myriad of tires, fenders, and sheet metal on one side of the house, and 2 gates going through a 3 high pallet rack of mechanical crap. Besides weapons of mass destruction and backpacking gear, I fool around with Air Cooled VWs, AMXs, Sunbeam Tigers, & flying machines. My house is the one people stop and ask if this is a garage sale :cool: . If I don't get out there quick enough, the spousal unit will move a truck load of treasure. PAX

Dead cars. They'll help with negative curb appeal. I'm down to 6 from 15 and I live in town. Everybody should have spare parts too. The ner-do-wells have to negotiate a myriad of tires, fenders, and sheet metal on one side of the house, and 2 gates going through a 3 high pallet rack of mechanical crap. Besides weapons of mass destruction and backpacking gear, I fool around with Air Cooled VWs, AMXs, Sunbeam Tigers, & flying machines. My house is the one people stop and ask if this is a garage sale :cool: . If I don't get out there quick enough, the spousal unit will move a truck load of treasure. PAX

I just leave a bunch of garbage in my car, anyone walking by looking to break into stuff probably looks in the car parked outside and says: "nope."

This is why you bolt them to the floor.
And put them in a spot that will be hard for them to pull it out and lay it on its back.
NO SAFE IS REALLY SAFE!
if they have time and the tools they can get in it.

This is why you bolt them to the floor.
And put them in a spot that will be hard for them to pull it out and lay it on its back.
NO SAFE IS REALLY SAFE!
if they have time and the tools they can get in it.

Even if the safe is bolted to the floor I have seen cheap safes with the top cut open using a cut off wheel. A cut off wheel can be mounted in a die grinder or a circular saw. Of course a reciprocating saw should have an easy time of cutting through 16ga sheet steel, which is found in many cheaper safes.

In fact if you go by Underwriter Labs even the best safe in the world, a TRTL 60x6 is only rated for a 60 minute opening

I don't want to go into the details of a tool made specifically to go into medeco locks, but it was a weird contraption that used the strength of the lock against itself. And the removal was not always that neat, though surprisingly it often was a lot neater than I would have thought. It worked fairly quick though. This was for getting into vending machines, generally after someone tried to drill the lock or the lock had been otherwise vandalized. It was also large and heavy of necessity

This one and good luck D880B801-FD45-48B4-A160-5BC818A069B9.png

Pretty much all locks can be picked in seconds.

A few minutes of watching this guys videos will provide some insight into how ineffective a lock is against a skilled picker.
Locks are similar to gun laws. They keep honest people honest and do nothing to stop criminals.

That said, unless you bolted that safe down a hand cart will be faster.

I have a pretty solid Abloy lock. Even lockpockinglawyer said it's one of the tougher ones that he would personally recommend.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top