JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thanks for the link scrappy.
Once again a lib proves the point that along with freedom comes the "burden" of responsibility and personal accountability.
Of course the politically progressive see this as a failing in terms of "social justice." But that's just a product of believing the lies that have been foisted on you by the collectivists that have taught you that the greater good is served when the collective shares the guilt.

The paradox shows up in the fact that they want more rules that can be broken by the members, therefore increasing the chance of incarceration. A dictatorship by committee.
The alternative of course, is chaos within the collective, as the rules must take into account all views within their ranks.
Funny how that works huh?
I'm not a progressive and you didn't need to post all that based on an assumption.

Both sides have kept and bolstered the status quo in the context of criminalizing drug abuse. Your assertion that the "liberal/progressive/democrat socio-economic model has been in place for nearly 50 years" is a bit disingenuous. Both sides have appointed justices to the SCOTUS, and have had control of the presidency and congress for the last 50 years. Both sides have dictated policy and both sides have maintained the status quo.

After watching the OP video and reading most all of the comments in this thread the only thing I can say for certain is that the war on drugs has been a tremendous waste of resources and has morphed into gun control and people control issues and so far there are laws and regulations that control guns and people but are nearly totally ineffective in controlling drugs. It seems to me that after 40 years of a "war on drugs" the only thing that hasn't been tried is legalizing (up to a limit) to see what effect that would have on violence with/without guns and behavior. Let's try legalization for 40 months. If it doesn't work then we've only invested 10-12% of time and money in trying something different.

After watching the OP video and reading most all of the comments in this thread the only thing I can say for certain is that the war on drugs has been a tremendous waste of resources and has morphed into gun control and people control issues and so far there are laws and regulations that control guns and people but are nearly totally ineffective in controlling drugs. It seems to me that after 40 years of a "war on drugs" the only thing that hasn't been tried is legalizing (up to a limit) to see what effect that would have on violence with/without guns and behavior. Let's try legalization for 40 months. If it doesn't work then we've only invested 10-12% of time and money in trying something different.
It's already happened in Portugal with great success. I hope we'll give it a try too.

Howdy, Bugeye,
I mean no disrespect, and am only curious.
Based on your statement above, why do you even involve yourself, let alone post in a website that overall, goes against the basic grain of your entire ideology?

How polite, I'm not worthy, lol.

My comment was directed to Jamie, his attack on me was pure BS, one of the reasons he continues to believe nonsense is that very few of the more sane people on his side apply any negative feedback. As to why I'm here, I'm an engineer my idealogy is all about negative feedback, necessary to linearize any system and stop it from beating itself to death.

I'm not a progressive and you didn't need to post all that based on an assumption.

Both sides have kept and bolstered the status quo in the context of criminalizing drug abuse. Your assertion that the "liberal/progressive/democrat socio-economic model has been in place for nearly 50 years" is a bit disingenuous. Both sides have appointed justices to the SCOTUS, and have had control of the presidency and congress for the last 50 years. Both sides have dictated policy and both sides have maintained the status quo.

Thank you for calling BS - BS even though it may be from someone standing our your side!
Your actions are a giant step forward for the cause of sanity.

Reality?!? HAH! The reality is precisely what I stated. Look-it-up.
I love the leftists with their non-answers, when the facts don't fit their outlook/assessments.

Especially when you include an obvious dose of the ridicule and deflection I mentioned in the post you responded to.
Hmmm,... A name calling adult.

Not even a "nice try."

Your facts are generalized BS, your conclusions are absurd, and you cant see that because your mind is a blurr.

As has been stated very clearly before, if you don't like the results a law or policy produces, work to change it.
This is the mantra so many of you leftists love to chant when your chosen one is in power, yet you prefer to come on here and b*tch about it.
And attempt to discredit ME for a perceived slight.
Oh yeah, that's real smart. It might be if I were the one writing the policy,... But I'm not.

Don't like the fact that the war on drugs has caused incarceration rates to soar? Work to abolish minimum sentences for drug violators and anti drug laws.

Me? I don't like what the welfare/protectionist/nanny state has done to the individual's rights.
For instance, leftists see "minorities" as a group, and love to treat them that way.
The conservative sees them as individuals, and wants them treated as such. But by doing so, they remove their "minority" status. This goes against the collective's belief. In the collective's view, they are black (asian, hispanic etc.) first, and humans/citizens second.
I, and most conservatives believe they are humans and citizens first, and their race is secondary at best. Therefore their societal obligations are to ALL humans/citizens, not just others of their own race.
After all, how can one be a "minority" if every case is taken as singular? One vs one is an even match.

As such, they bear the same "burden" of responsibility to society, their children/family/spouse and THEMSELVES as any other gender/race/ethnicity/religious follower/sexual orientation etc.
By the same token, attempting to elevate someone's status based on race is disingenuous at best, because you have ignored the the premise of individualism.

And you are discriminating every bit as much as someone that would deny an opportunity for the same reason.

Only the opportunity is guaranteed. And then only to those that aren't detrimental to a society of other individuals.
When you treat those individuals as a collective, by denying rights to all for the sake of a few, you have defined tyranny.

Even if it is in your desire to go beyond opportunity, and guarantee success.

Want to decry the nature of humans and their failings? Go ahead, tilt at windmills.
Just don't try to make me the bad guy when you can't make it work. Thus far the "great society's" attempts at it hasn't, yet you ignore those results, because it doesn't fit your expectations.
Or ridicule an entire ideology. Especially the same ideology that founded the very country that has allowed you to even be here.
That's just juvenile.

And be prepared when someone labels you a marxist/stalinist/maoist when your efforts must involve censorship, killing and/or imprisonment, as that was/is the only way you will ever make that ideology "work."
And it starts with removing the means to effectively defend one's self.
Regardless of one's race.

Your facts are generalized BS, your conclusions are absurd, and you cant see that because your mind is a blurr.
Yet another non-answer.

Hey Gunfixx? I can't say with certainty what buggy's "engineering" discipline is, but my guess would be "social engineer."

Lets remember what the common purpose of this site is and leave the politico elsewhere.

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

I'm not understanding...
There is a plethora of engineering professions. What sort of engineer are you, and how is it tied to your Left/Progressive ideology?
And, as an engineer, you would think that you of all people would understand clearly what Einstein said so many years ago... "Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results" .
And, also what Urbanski said as well... "If we always do what we've always done, we will get what we've always got..."
I read as you hit your head against a brick wall in here nearly daily if not at least weekly.
As an engineer, how does that feel? :s0054:

"Anyone can build a bridge. It takes an engineer to build one that barely works."

twist-gertie.gif

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews