JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I still think the executed person was a fall guy. From my personal experience (I lived in China for years), higher-ups always take a cut of the bribes. It's just the way things work over there. Maybe things have changed. I doubt it.

With the lead paint case, I guess he was not a patsy, but the highest ranked acceptable fall guy that can be fed to the firing squad. Depending on the outrage level and economic repercussions, that acceptable rank changes. There was another incident in China where hundreds of babies died from poisoned powdered milk, that time they actually tossed a relatively high ranking party member to the dogs. But they will never execute a real power lord.

Agree on that point. Maybe it's because the Chinese politicians used to (and might still) kill each other to gain power. In the US they just buy each other off with taxpayer money.

I'm not going to defend China, heck I heard today that they now spend more on the internal security forces then they spend on their military. A major job of these security forces is to silence opposition, they even round up the minor trouble makers not worth fulltime incarceration (like wives demanding money for their dead husbands killed in a government operation, or familes wanting payment for their home that was bulldozed or flooded for an interspace bypass) in advance of a major event they would protest at, and keep them prisoners only until the event is over. China is an amazing unbalanced system that is having an identity problem of epic proportions, sort of a maoist capitalist mulligan stew, I'd love to be able to travel there for a while and observe, what a clash. It's great you got to experience some of that, I'm jelous.

You can extrapolate the definition of a drug based offense however you please. To somehow imply that those thousands of folks in jail are there for what you would consider a 'harmless' drug offense is just laughable.
I am not suggesting that there are not some who may be better delt with on a probationary basis rather than hard time but again, to suggest that a 'vast' number of those locked up do not deserve it is just not accurate. For instance, many may of pled to drug offenses to avoid more harsh sentencing for other crimes. Or the system has them jailed on legit drug offenses knowing that they are high risk fo other more serious offenses.
It is a situation that can not be defined black and white. Each individual case is its only little tragedy and few are alike. To suggest that such a large number of criminals should just outright not be ajudicated felons for their actions is wrong.

Last Edited:
You can extrapolate the definition of a drug based offense however you please. To somehow imply that those thousands of folks in jail are there for what you would consider a 'harmless' drug offense is just laughable.

Actually, "thousands" is an understatement. Simply looking at federal prisons, half of 200k total population is 100k non-violent drug "offenders". Even if I allow your theory that many of those are simply waiting to commit more crimes once they get out (which is absurd to begin with), but let's say half, that's still 50k people rotting in prison for no reason other than the pharmaceutical intolerance of the ruling class.

I am not suggesting that there are not some who may be better delt with on a probationary basis rather than hard time but again, to suggest that a 'vast' number of those locked up do not deserve it is just not accurate. For instance, many may of pled to drug offenses to avoid more harsh sentencing for other crimes.

Or the system has them jailed on legit drug offenses knowing that they are high risk fo other more serious offenses.

How "many"? Do you say that because of the ridiculous stereotype that drug users are violent dregs of society? Where's the proof? The reality is that the so-called "repeat offenders" are just repeatedly arrested for the same victimless drug "crimes". There is no such thing as a "legit drug offense", because possession, sale and use are victimless "crimes".

It is a situation that can not be defined black and white. Each individual case is its only little tragedy and few are alike. To suggest that such a large number of criminals should just outright not be ajudicated felons for their actions is wrong.

Sure, look at each case. Take out the ones that are also guilty of real crimes, and you still end up with a lot of people imprisoned on nothing more than possession, sale or use. The stats don't lie, non-violent drug offenders constitute half the prison population. Nothing you said changes that fact. Everything you posited is just scaremongering.

The simple fact that alcohol is legal proves the drug war is a farce.

You're wrong again, I looked for examples outside the video, because I couldn't believe he didn't give any, and before you jump out of your bright pink emotionally adorned victory cake go prove me wrong with the missing examples!
Of course, you should have done this before you made your comment, but it is a waste of time to lecture such as you about arguing with honor.

More mindless pap from Bugeye! If you found nothing you didn't look anywhere, emphasis on "anywhere". Care to have yourself proven wrong with facts yet again? just ask and I will make you look foolish, I'd be happy to, and when I do you will rescind your comment about arguing with "honor".

Or to summarize:

"I'm your huckleberry"

More mindless pap from Bugeye! If you found nothing you didn't look anywhere, emphasis on "anywhere". Care to have yourself proven wrong with facts yet again? just ask and I will make you look foolish, I'd be happy to, and when I do you will rescind your comment about arguing with "honor".

Or to summarize:

"I'm your huckleberry"

2nd request, "What exactly are Cain's examples showing proof of this great plot by liberals to destroy this country?"!

If I said something like that I'd have to have a mess of facts with practical examples to back me up and I can't find a single one by your hero here!

And you base all this because you watched a 5 minute video and presume that to be the sum total of all of what this guy is about and that he should have enclosed all his examples of how to fix everything in the country all in that 5 minute video. So how do you feel about the rest of what he stands for? Zing! you don't know because your post is just as knee jerk and uninformed as what you accuse the person you are slinging mud at!

Gawd, it's like shooting fish in a barrel with you lefties! OK since you had your chance to kill the messenger lets here your answer to all that I'll America.

Seriously, you're trying to defend Herman Cain? That guy's got a foot permanently implanted in his mouth. At least put your support behind someone that can win the nomination.

The libs are trying to destroy America? The poison people like him spew is the reason we can't even have cordial debates between both sides anymore. Let's talk about this Mr. Cain you're defending. This is the former Ceo of Godfathers Pizza and former Federal Reserve Chairman that's never held public office. Just the fact that he's a birther will keep him from getting the nomination. His anti-muslim bigotry just sealed the deal. When Gingrich used McCarthyism is praise Cain's bigotry that was the sound of the door slamming shut on both of their presidential bids. Let's take a look at some of his more famous quotes, then tell me who's destroying America.

"Anybody that takes the oath of office in a Herman Cain administration will put their hand on the Bible, not the Koran."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so I push back and reject them trying to convert the rest of us. And based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them. Now, I know that there are some peaceful Muslims who don’t go around preaching or practicing that. Well, unfortunately, we can’t sit back and tolerate the radical ones simply because we know that there are some of them who don’t believe in that aspect of the Muslim religion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BECK: So wait a minute. Are you saying that Muslims have to prove their, that there has to be some loyalty proof?

CAIN: Yes, to the Constitution of the United States of America.
BECK: Would you do that to a Catholic or would you do that to a Mormon?

CAIN: Nope, I wouldn’t. Because there is a greater dangerous part of the Muslim faith than there is in these other religions. I know that there are some Muslims who talk about, “but we are a peaceful religion.” And I’m sure that there are some peace-loving Muslims.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What the American people have got to be told, which is the truth, that some of these unions and some of these disruptions that we have seen, they really are trying to bring down the United States of America. They are trying to destroy the state of Wisconsin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's Gingrich defends Cain by comparing Muslims to Nazis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Baby Jesus - please don't make me have to do research on Herman Cain. Can You just make him go away?

Mr. dmancornell

Those incarcerated because they are repeat offenders are just dumb bubblegums who deserve to be there. Agree with the law or not, they were obviously aware of it yet offended again and because they are addicts they will likely continue to offend.
Drug crimes are not 'victimless' and many drug offenders are also guilty of a wide variety of crimes which consist of violent and gang related activity. The prisons are not full of Joe Blow accountant recreational pot smokers.
Either I was not clear or you misunderstood, my point is that the courts will use legit drug offenses to hold those who are being investigated for other crimes.

Thanks for the link scrappy.
Once again a lib proves the point that along with freedom comes the "burden" of responsibility and personal accountability.
Of course the politically progressive see this as a failing in terms of "social justice." But that's just a product of believing the lies that have been foisted on you by the collectivists that have taught you that the greater good is served when the collective shares the guilt.

The paradox shows up in the fact that they want more rules that can be broken by the members, therefore increasing the chance of incarceration. A dictatorship by committee.
The alternative of course, is chaos within the collective, as the rules must take into account all views within their ranks.
Funny how that works huh?

Or to summarize:

"I'm your huckleberry"

It's been a couple of days without you defending your attack on me.
You have not said you were wrong, so my point about your lack of honor stands in honor!

You believed, without checking, at all that Cain must have actually had some substance behind his goofy remarks, when all he used to support this edgy point of view is 'mumble Europe, mumble Mediocre, mumble new world order (delivered with an emotional attitude as that was its only message).

"I'm your Tom Sawyer get whitewashing".

Thanks for the link scrappy.
Once again a lib proves the point that along with freedom comes the "burden" of responsibility and personal accountability.
Of course the politically progressive see this as a failing in terms of "social justice." But that's just a product of believing the lies that have been foisted on you by the collectivists that have taught you that the greater good is served when the collective shares the guilt.

The paradox shows up in the fact that they want more rules that can be broken by the members, therefore increasing the chance of incarceration. A dictatorship by committee.
The alternative of course, is chaos within the collective, as the rules must take into account all views within their ranks.
Funny how that works huh?

So, in your comic book liberals are only concerned with making sure people are not held responsible for their actions by looking for societal causes, and conservatives don't look at root causes because they are only concerned with individual responsibility. And the liberals (progressives) are only promoting this social justice idea as a lie so they can take advantage of it using the free pass cards passed out at the secret meetings?

In the practical world, outside of the comic book, where liberal and conservative are only labels and not religions comprised only of fanatic true believers, anyone interested in the US having a sustainable judical - incarceration system looks at prevention with no more political an agenda than Smokey the Bear. Regardless of your polemic even mechanical systems can only afford so much parasitic loss. As to the rest of your fantasy, I'm wondering where my progressive get out of jail free card is, all I've got is enough credit to hire a non court appointed lawyer, and by the stats that seems to be half the battle.

Sure buggy. Save your pantload for the true believers.
The liberal/progressive/democrat socio-economic model has been in place for nearly 50 years. Gee thanks LBJ.
The multiculturalists supported by the progressives, joined in sometime in the late '80s. Defending a person's sense of entitlement to bring their culture and history/practice of societal interactions to America along with their family.

And incarceration rates have soared during that time. For ethnic minorities especially.
Yet you continue to defend the model, and the philosophy(ies), and deny the facts.

And here you are claiming I'm the one reading the comic book. That I'm the one with a fantasy. While you add yet another chapter to your diatribe against conservative American values, with another round of alinsky's prescribed ridicule.

I used to think you lacked the ability to think critically. Or at least scruples.
Now I realize you possess neither.
A true progressive/liberal democrat indeed. There is NO fact based, rational defense for the track record of failure that "the great(sic) society" has wrought. Yet y'all keep serving up that kool-aide.

Maybe you should purchase a subscription to the "comic book." It obviously contains more facts about crime, punishment and recidivism than what you currently believe.
Or are you waiting for a liberal to provide it free to you, and charge it off to someone else's account?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

It's been a couple of days without you defending your attack on me.
You have not said you were wrong, so my point about your lack of honor stands in honor!

You believed, without checking, at all that Cain must have actually had some substance behind his goofy remarks, when all he used to support this edgy point of view is 'mumble Europe, mumble Mediocre, mumble new world order (delivered with an emotional attitude as that was its only message).

"I'm your Tom Sawyer get whitewashing".

LOL, nothing so nefarious Buggy. I have about a one inch stack of math homework (20% completed) and a similar amount of writing homework (7 Word documents 100% completed) I have been working on for the last couple days so I had not noticed you finally took up the challenge. My challenges to you often go ignored or I have to repeat them over and over in the hopes of receiving what usually amounts to a lame response so if I've now missed an actual response I don't feel all that guilty.

Sure buggy. Save your pantload for the true believers.
The liberal/progressive/democrat socio-economic model has been in place for nearly 50 years. Gee thanks LBJ.
The multiculturalists supported by the progressives, joined in sometime in the late '80s. Defending a person's sense of entitlement to bring their culture and history/practice of societal interactions to America along with their family.

And incarceration rates have soared during that time. For ethnic minorities especially.
Yet you continue to defend the model, and the philosophy(ies), and deny the facts.

And here you are claiming I'm the one reading the comic book. That I'm the one with a fantasy. While you add yet another chapter to your diatribe against conservative American values, with another round of alinsky's prescribed ridicule.

I used to think you lacked the ability to think critically. Or at least scruples.
Now I realize you possess neither.
A true progressive/liberal democrat indeed. There is NO fact based, rational defense for the track record of failure that "the great(sic) society" has wrought. Yet y'all keep serving up that kool-aide.

Maybe you should purchase a subscription to the "comic book." It obviously contains more facts about crime, punishment and recidivism than what you currently believe.
Or are you waiting for a liberal to provide it free to you, and charge it off to someone else's account?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

When you rearrange history and hammer reality into an absurdly restrictive mold, in order to attribute all the evil in the universe to the other side, you're a comic book! I'm an adult I have better things to do than play with children like you.

Reality?!? HAH! The reality is precisely what I stated. Look-it-up.
I love the leftists with their non-answers, when the facts don't fit their outlook/assessments.

Especially when you include an obvious dose of the ridicule and deflection I mentioned in the post you responded to.
Hmmm,... A name calling adult.

Not even a "nice try."

" Howdy, Bugeye,
I mean no disrespect, and am only curious.
Based on your statement above, why do you even involve yourself, let alone post in a website that overall, goes against the basic grain of your entire ideology? "

Well played..Sir

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top