JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They simply don't have the manpower to come and get them all; and the manpower that would come and get them is simply and plainly outnumbered.

Going door to door to get them is a suicide mission.

It would appear the numbers speak against their position. The rapidly increasing numbers of gun owners and CC holders is evidence of the fact that the MSM, Obama and the other politicians, such as many in the Oregon legislature, are completely out of touch with the sentiments of the American people.

Last Edited:
"...politicians, such as many in the Oregon legislature, are completely out of touch with the sentiments of the American people."

Nothing new there.

"...politicians, such as many in the Oregon legislature, are completely out of touch with the sentiments of the American people."

Nothing new there.
Totally agree;but they are MUCH smarter then the general population.
Probably what would happen is they would make an example at several different locations and people hoping to scare the general population into turning their guns in or registering them.
Of course the first to obey would be felons/gangbangers who would stand in line for hours just to be law abiding upright citizens.;);)

my position was like this one ...

They simply don't have the manpower to come and get them all; and the manpower that would come and get them is simply and plainly outnumbered.

Going door to door to get them is a suicide mission.

... but as I think about Germany in the between war period (Before Hitler) out of desperation an entire country pivoted on their rights. When a nation has been vanquished, what was is no more.

Likewise in the USA, the South in the post war period, in fact if people had not be honoring the memory of a dead president, would the outcome been worse? Would a living Lincoln have had the political power to keep the south from being raped, economically?

After the bombing of the Boston Marathon, what gave the state of Massachusetts the right to impose an curfew on all residents? Yet they did. And it was a citizen violating that order which led to the arrest of the bomber.

I don't see door to door confiscation as possible. I can see a ban on any transfer - with confiscation occurring upon death of the owner. I can see forced registration - would your financial records show the purchase of an FA related materials, including bullet making materials? I can see they being successful in prohibiting the possession of FA in any public spaces - Now you can't carry a gun into a bathroom in a National Park if that bathroom is a permanent fixed structure ( unless there has been some recent change that I missed - no FA in federal buildings in most cases: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/930 )

Certainly they could enact laws to ban transfers (but then how would you buy them in the first place?) How exactly they would be "forcing" registration I don't know. Making lead, copper, brass, etc. illegal would grind many industries to a halt (industries that contribute heavily to political campaigns would be my guess.)

Prohibition didn't work because the people never believed in it. I think there might be something said by someone about repeating history by not learning from it. :s0002:

But think more likely that this piece sums up how most people will act in the face of something like an illegal law or insane city ordnance.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...lifornia-new-prohibition-same-totalitarianism

It would appear the numbers speak against their position. The rapidly increasing numbers of gun owners and CC holders is evidence of the fact that the MSM, Obama and the other politicians, such as many in the Oregon legislature, are completely out of touch with the sentiments of the American people.
Their power grab has nothing to do with what the people want.
Launching us into a civil war would be a small price to pay for them to get what they want.

Their power grab has nothing to do with what the people want.
Launching us into a civil war would be a small price to pay for them to get what they want.

Except that such a move would not end up in their favor. Even they are smart enough to know that, which is why they are trying as hard as they can to disarm us. As the numbers in our favor continue to grow, their grasp on power, in the form of taking our rights away, will diminish.

"Now you can't carry a gun into a bathroom in a National Park if that bathroom is a permanent fixed structure..."

Laws are only problems for people who bother to obey them.

OK, occasionally they are problems for lawbreakers too. But mostly not. The law is enforced more by peoples' own minds than by cops, judges, etc.

I always wonder about people who are so frantic that some bad person will pass some bad law. What, do you intend to obey it? Are you going to turn your guns in? Do us a favor and sell them to someone with a backbone.

I'm using the word "you" in a general sense, not anyone in particular.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top