JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the last Albany gun show there was a guy selling a book on how to build your own .22 rifle out of assorted hardware store steel and plywood. He had an example sitting there, looked pretty crude.

I like the 3D printer design, anyone know how much one of those printers costs? Did he build just the upper and lower receivers, or did he build the bolt and fire control out of plastic too?

Greg

From what I recall, 3D printers still cost about the same as a car. Not exactly a cheap investment, but I see prices coming down in the not-too-distant future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As a Junior in high school, I got into a debate with my History teacher about gun control. He honestly believed it was possible to pass a law, then round up all the guns. For the sake of argument, I granted him his hypothesis. Then I asked for the sake of argument if I could be excused for 20 minutes to prove my point. He allowed it.

I returned in about 17 minutes after a visit to the wood and metal shop: With the permission and guidance of my instructor there (also the rifle team coach;)) I had built a fully functional .22 caliber zip gun: with rifling!!!

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SCHOOLS TODAY!

About 9 post below yours :D

World's First 3-D printed guns

Oops...:s0131:

With what? The fact it is 100% legal to build you own firearms under Federal law? Guy have been legally building their own guns for a very long time, this is just a different way to do it.

Not saying that it should be legislated. In fact, I think it's totally awesome. I just think that legislation is a likely eventual outcome. Until technologies like these came around it at least took a modicum of skill (and often time) to construct your own firearm (not saying that HaveBlue lacks skill or vision, but he is paving the way for DIY gunsmithing to be a point-and-click affair). Once 3D printing becomes a household technology (and I think it will much like personal computing, home printing and fax machines did) any yahoo with an internet connection could easy-bake pretty much whatever they want. This is likely to pile unwanted attention upon said hobbyists, with a predictable result.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top