JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Baring a miraculous turn around, it might be the last Star Wars film I'll pay to see in the theater. Social justice warriors have pretty much killed the franchise in my opinion.

Saw the new Star Wars this past weekend. Overall, if being generous, I'd give it a C- grade and call it a contender for the worst Star Wars yet made. Was not impressed by the sloppy storyline, political undertones, and thought the comic relief was excessive, distracting, and out of tune. Perhaps as a result of Disney takeover, this film has a decidedly different tone from the original trilogy or even Episodes I-III. While the original trilogy was more or less appropriate for kids, it wasn't made for kids, Episode VIII actually is a children's movie.

Wondering what everyone else's thoughts are.

Han gets chumpkilled in 7,
Luke
in 8... I hope at least in 9 somebody takes that whiny little b*tch Ren's lightsaber and shoves it up his arse then activates it.

I made the right decision when I bailed with the prequel trilogy... re Disney Lucasfilm, writing was on the wall when the Mouse put Kathleen Kennedy in charge--the woman who Steven Spielberg mentored then handed a gift-wrapped golden opportunity hooking her up with Michael Crichton when he was still a hot commodity and she STILL managed to turn Congo from a decent little action/jungle-horror thriller into a big Epic Steaming Pile of Brownware...

Last Edited:
Han gets chumpkilled in 7, Luke in 8... I hope at least in 9 somebody takes that whiny little b*tch Ren's lightsaber and shoves it up his arse then activates it.

I made the right decision when I bailed with the prequel trilogy... re Disney Lucasfilm, writing was on the wall when the Mouse put Kathleen Kennedy in charge--the woman who Steven Spielberg mentored then handed a gift-wrapped golden opportunity hooking her up with Michael Crichton when he was still a hot commodity and she STILL managed to turn Congo from a decent little action/jungle-horror thriller into a big Epic Steaming Pile of Brownware...
Thanks for the spoiler! I haven't seen it yet...

I can't imagine any SW movie being worse than Ep. 2... My son saw the new one the other day and said it wasn't too bad.

I'd give it a C- grade and call it a contender for the worst Star Wars yet made.

Ouch. Worse than Phantom Menace? That stinker was truly unwatchable. Granted, I haven't seen either of the two new trilogy pictures, nor Rogue One, so I can't comment on that.

Still, none of them can contend with The Star Wars Holiday Special as a crapfest. ;)

Force Awakens was better as the Lego game... showed Kylo Ren more as the whiny, angsty teenager he acts like.

Was fun beating the crap out of him as Darth Vader..."I'll show you the REAL power of the Dark Side, punk!"

Ouch. Worse than Phantom Menace? That stinker was truly unwatchable. Granted, I haven't seen either of the two new trilogy pictures, nor Rogue One, so I can't comment on that.

Honestly possibly yes. Phantom Menace was generally awful to be sure, but not so bad that it got me thinking I may never bother/pay to watch another Star Wars movie again unlike The Last Jedi.

I have managed to adapt my life style to avoid further involvement with the sad travesty now offered in the franchise. Weeks ago I decided to not pay up to see this episode. Thanks for posting on-the-scene reports.
a big Epic Steaming Pile of Brownware...
from other sources I gather 'may the ka-ka be with you' is the subtitle of the current release.

I ain't going.

Spoilers, Duh!

Issues I have with the movie

1 - change of director, new director wasting set up characters
- Snope / Brena of GoT /

1a - Scroll says Peaceful time in the Republic - last we saw the NO blew up home planets - when did this peace happen?

I'm still holding ...

2 - Shoot the escape ships before you bombard the planet or explain why you can't (ie these things shield - the-greatest-star-wars-characters-and-the-worst.jpg

3 - Stupid purple hair admiral can say to Poe - We have a plan to save the resistance, your part is to be ready to defend us when I call upon you. Now, go stand your post and be ready - help get your ship and others ready too.

IF that happens, then the whole sub story to Viva Las Vegas does not happen. There is not SW plots there. I get why it is there (stupid) but cut it out.

4 - Really an X wing can take down a capital ship - they can travel above light speed but can't use an automatic gun to kill the small ship? Really.

5 - WW2 bombers. Really? I do like Leia's reflection on how many are lost

6 - Really you can jump to hyper space and go thru shields and destroy a capital ship? Why were they not doing this? Like to the death star? Or, in this stroy, once the Snope starts picking off the surviors, one ship by one, ever moment the admiral delays, allows more survivors to die.

7- Walrus blue milk?! Note how Luke fondles the nipple

8 - so they are pacing the "fleet" and bombarding them, no small ships because they can't protect them - stupid. Since when does the Empire/FO care? Send all the little ships to destroy the fleet cause apparently and X wing can fly inside the shileds and do so + with fuel critical is is not like they are going to shoot back

9 - where is the berylium sphere (fuel)

10 - I can have a space phone across the galaxy with no delay, but I need a device to track thru light speed? Why not take over some weaker mind, say admiral purple hair, and see where they went Use the Force Snope.

And that tacker turns out to not mean anything.

iders
Assuming Snope isn't killed like a b* then Luke is the yin /yang to him(it) - show up in person on the ice planet ( salt) and survive the bombardment - then nephew whyner can smash that general who called cease fire - then order more shots - then somehting like sorry the cannons are over heating, so Luke then starts tossing away the AT ATs. Brings down the ship, gets on, flys up to the dreadnaught 2.0 and we get an epic 2 on one + some of those red shirts - light saber battle ( unlike the lamo one we go with Luke) (CGI) then with Snope done Luke can look to Ben and apologize for failing him and ask him to return to Lukes side for additional training - you have to choose, fade to black.

Daisy - up where is my space bikini ?

Leia has to fly the capital ship to draw off the 1st order so the rebellion can escape - like tears in the rain. Heroic send off for Carrie.

Why the sub plot to Viva Las Vegas - clearly to show that everyone has the force - which is clearly not the case, according to episodes 4-5 and 6. That sets up Disney's Everyone is special. And an infinite number of made for streaming SW characters

WOW! Never knew such existed. Saddened a bit, now that I do...

I only became aware of it in the early 2000s. My better half (@TeacherSmurf) is a major Star Wars fan, so I could have learned of it from her. Anyway, I read online of how bad it was. I sort of figured it was like a lot of bad movies: crap, but not as bad as the legends that have grown up around it suggest. I finally saw it about ten years ago and all I can say is, if anything, the scathing reviews were too kind. I vaguely recall reading that Sir Alec Guinness refused to have anything to do with it. If true, it is another confirmation of the man's genius.

I watched it. I didn't think it was terrible. The scene where Leia uses the force was over the top and there was too much packed into it, but I'd give it a B-.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top