JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This thread is to discuss our obsession for the Jericho 941 made by IMI/IWI.
There's scattered threads on different forums, most of them years since they've been updated. With the recent availability of Israeli police trade-ins lately, I would like to have an up to date source of info for growing group of Jericho 941 enthusiasts. Just one rule... Don't call it a bubbleguming Baby Eagle.
Cigars has spoken. :s0145:

First up, show your Jericho's. My pair of 941 FB's in mint condition, one was basically new in box. Also my 941 FS45... 45 ACP Jericho, yeah baby!

IMG_20220715_142200.jpg Screenshot_20220616-165656.png IMG_20220507_225001.jpg

Jericho's, yeah what about a holster? I stumbled upon this holster company. They make thin kydex holsters with adjustable cant. 23 bucks on amazon.
I ordered the Glock19/CZP10 IWB. Fits both models of my Jericho's like a glove.
I have holsters from Zahal, Orpaz and Fobus. They're OK but not as nice as this Polecraft. I really like the thin kydex.
Edit: Linkydink....

IMG_20220725_213155.jpg Screenshot_20220725-222409.png Screenshot_20220725-222324.png

Last Edited:
Is "imitation CZ75" OK?

I wonder how many know where the 941 designation came from.
The original calibers that the 941 debuted in, 9mm and 41 Action Express. It came in either or both as a swappable kit. 41AE never became popular but the combo set is very collectible.

From my experience "back in the day" the 41 AE was less than 100% reliable. Decent down range performance but... that rebated rim just didn't work so good.

Is "imitation CZ75" OK?

I wonder how many know where the 941 designation came from.
Not trying to preach to the choir, but yes, the Jericho was inspired heavily by the CZ 75 but IMI did their thing in the final design. Parts are not interchangeable with CZ75's. Tanfoglio did all of the internals for IMI. Regarding mags, different story. Aside from the made in Israel Jericho mags, any Jericho 941 mag will work in any 941. They also take CZ75, TZ75, Mec-Gar and Canik TP9 mags as well as others. Due to minor variations though, some minor filing of the feed lips may be necessary. I have a variety of mags and haven't had to modify any of them though.

Last Edited:
Mine choke on cz mags. Mecgar and Imi/iwi are good to go. But mine just run best with the oem. Those sa only police guns run so nice with an excellent trigger

Mine choke on cz mags. Mecgar and Imi/iwi are good to go. But mine just run best with the oem. Those sa only police guns run so nice with an excellent trigger
All of mine are DA/SA. From what I understand a lot of the police had them modified for SA only. Makes sense when carrying one in the pipe.

Last Edited:
All of mine are DA/SA. From what I understand a lot of the police had them modified for SA only. Makes sense when carrying one in the pipe.
Israel as I understand it was allowing their police with none in the pipe and sa only. At least a long time ago. (2001, I had this discussion right before 9/11 with a classmate in college) My Israeli police issued Jericho would bear that out. As I understand it, the theory was that cops were having their weapons used against them and if the attacker had time to rack the slide you would have time to grapple it back. My source on that is old, but he was an Israeli cop.

Last Edited:
Israel as I understand it was allowing their police with none in the pipe and sa only. At least a long time ago. (2001, I had this discussion right before 9/11 with a classmate in college) My Israeli police issued Jericho would bear that out. As I understand it, the theory was that cops were having their weapons used against them and if the attacker had time to rack the slide you would have time to grapple it back. My source on that is old, but he was an Israeli cop.
That very well may be the case. As I have read, "Israeli carry" came about after WW2 when the state of Israel was established. They were getting so many different guns from so many different sources for their police that they couldn't rely on one standard for safety and training, so they decided that the best practice was to carry empty chamber. Think about how we trained in the military. We were generally issued the same pistols and rifles so we were able to become quite familiar. The Israelis didn't have that luxury. In their early years you could have ten duty weapons lined up for issue and they would all likely be different.

Nice write up about the 941. Thus guy covers a lot of bases.

Good write up on the 941's. Some history, some specs and some Cowboy Bebop of course.

These sure are nice to shoot. I got a red dot plate that replaces the rear sight some time ago but never bothered to put it on. Kind of looks like it would take a sight pusher to get the rear sight off. I have some poly punches I may try. Kind of want to see what it is like shooting it with a micro red dot.
EBD7403B-011A-4AB4-AD63-38DEF8538022.jpeg

What is the excitement about with these? Why wouldn't you just buy the real deal CZ which is what the Jericho is patterned after. It cost less and is far superior.

What is the excitement about with these? Why wouldn't you just buy the real deal CZ which is what the Jericho is patterned after. It cost less and is far superior.
It doesn't costs less. I also don't think it's far superior. No idea where you are getting that. And I won't get duped into Jericho vs CZ 75 is better BS. I like them both.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top