Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

the Internet Kill Switch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by zeezee, Jan 31, 2011.

1. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

"The legislation was first introduced last summer by Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine), and the former has promised to bring it to the floor again in 2011. It isn't called anything as obvious as the Internet Kill Switch, of course. It is called the "Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act." Who could be against that? Anyone who's watching the news on TV today, that's who.
    The proposal calls for the Department of Homeland Security to establish and maintain a list of systems or assets that constitute critical cyber-infrastructure. The President would be able to be able to control those systems. He or she would have ability to turn them off. The kicker: none of this would be subject to judicial review. This is just a proposal, mind you, but it certainly warrants concern. Particularly given the heavy-handed example being provided by Egypt."

I'm from the government and I'm here to help. NOT!!!!!

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

If the flow of p0rn stops to my house, I'm going to stop the flow of blood to someone's brain.

3. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If the gov't shuts down the internet and I have to talk ish in person I'm going to be in real trouble.

+1 on P0rn too.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I don't like this idea. What could go wrong? To the others who've responded to this thread, I would never keep you from your p0rn. Remember that when you've broken out the torches and pitchforks.:laugh:

5. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

This is kind of amusing considering that Hilary just spoke out against other countries doing that to curtail personal freedoms in other countries.

6. Dresden

Dresden Hellsburrito Member

And that surprises you? the liberals would love to have this happen that way they can control the flow of information as they try to annoint El Jefe King of the USSA

7. RIABnd1t02

RIABnd1t02 Corvallis New Member

Doesn't one of the Asian Country's already do this? I can't remember which one. This one gets a thumbs down for sure!