JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Team,
Todd Fossey of IDS is an affiliate and mentor of mine. I got this video footage from him a while back and I finally got around to editing it. He and I sing the exact same song but he delivered this so passionately that couldn't say it any better so I'd just edit out the expletives and put it up. It is about a 6 minute watch but seriously worth it. Watch, listen, learn.

Greg

0DC05E00-A0B1-4FD9-A1FE-FAA94A9F0176.jpeg

Good video.
Truth there .
Another reason to have your head up and pay attention to your surroundings.
If it doesn't feel right cross the street .
Create distance.
Have your gun in a carry position that you can get it quick.

OTOH, I knew a security contractor who fumbled a magazine change with a bad guy on the other side of his cover. He said that you had to keep fighting and keep doing the tasks, no matter what happens.

Self Defense is in itself an impossible situation.
You are faced with all manner of decisions , tasks and possible outcomes of each....All of which are "screaming" at you to do them NOW....
None of which is ideal or going to leave you unscathed.

Keep your head and cool , and do what is needed to survive....
Be extremely flexible in your thinking of just what to do , in that moment , when what you planned on happening , doesn't...
Andy

No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

Which is actually a bastardized quote from a Prussian strategist named Helmuth van Moltke. The actual quote was:

"No plan of operations reaches with any certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main force." (1880)

Bastardized version or full quote … they are great words of wisdom to enshrine in the thinking of anybody who may be faced with a lethal force / self defense situation.

About all you can say for concealed carry is that it offers one more option. In all those situations I would not have preferred unarmed over armed.

When I participated in the Sheriff's Citizens' Academy (c.1993) the Tueller distance was demonstrated to the class with me as the "victim."
I lost a smidge of time due to an unfamiliar retention holster, but he would have gotten me anyhow because I might have gotten off 1 shot even with my own holster and that was just as he was striking.
I see my cane as the thing I can use to block and gain distance - stomp the rubber tip off (or not, A/R), ram it into something soft, and push real hard.

I see my cane as the thing I can use to block and gain distance - stomp the rubber tip off (or not, A/R), ram it into something soft, and push real hard.
Oh, that's awesome! Back in the day, I was known as "the cane guy" as that was my preferred short weapon in tournament. With training, it is a formidable defensive tool that you can carry through airports and other secure areas. Just walk with a limp. Years ago, I was training with mine and had to fly across the country on business. I just used it when I walked through the airport and it had all the advantages of having those airport golf-cart drivers stopping and asking if I needed a ride. I do two things to mine. Trim down the screw threads on the tip to make the rubber piece slip off with the centrifugal force of a heavy spin and I cut the crook to make it a U shape and keep the angle of that cut sharp. It does a much better job as a hook with that little mod.

I don't need to fake a limp, and I have a written Rx for a single-point cane.
Jab and push seems more likely to get inside their OODA loop than a swinging blow, and less likely to result in an assault beef.
Not sure if such really is true, but I would say if I really just wanted to do harm I could have done a mag dump and didn't.
I am particularly susceptible to a blow to the chest or head resulting in death or GBH, so how would this figure vis-à-vis disparity of force with me vs. somebody who is physically far superior to me but "unarmed?"

...so how would this figure vis-à-vis disparity of force with me vs. somebody who is physically far superior to me but "unarmed?"
Well, I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV but by my understanding, it works very well in your favor (although there must be a better way of stating that). In any defense you have to be able to justify any level of force and any clinical/medical conditions (documented) giving you reason to act, would go a long way toward convincing a jury and the "reasonable person standard" and if the prosecution isn't convinced they can get a win, then there is no case.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top