JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@Joe Link

Found this hiding in a Wikipedia article

• To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.

Then all you have to do is define "religion" and exempt 2A.

Seemed like a concise starting point for your definition for moderation

Not sure if the moderation has changed,
I saw this thread
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/our-southern-border.172695/

That is over in Off Topic and on the subject of politics - who to elect - due to the issue of amnesty and immigration.

This seems hard pressed to get anywhere around a firearms topic.
But - but - it is in "Off Topic"
But - it is pure politics -

I didn't "report" the thread because I have no issue with it.

But I suggest it as a thread that any rules / proposed rules should be checked against.

I consider that a good discussion. There's no disrespect for any member shown, and no real disrespect for any political leader. Can we not discuss why we think a certain leader is right, or wrong?

I know this is essentially a dead thread but I'm used to being a day late and a dollar short.

I don't get it! None of it! Bubble gum, religion, politics, mean people, Gestapo moderators.
Not counting vendors there are thirty five or forty topics you can open up. Three quarters of them I've never opened up as they ain't my bag. Some I've opened up and perused, but won't again cause they seem full of whiners or sanctimonious twits looking for attention.
Yet, I still find more value here than I get from my TV!
At my age, I can't relate to many of the non firearm topics discussed but I read them anyway because I like to stay current and relative. Plus I've learned new things.
Without rules, there would be no continuity or consistency. Would you like to weed through the sales of diapers and back packs when looking for a new hand gun? Open up the same ad twenty times because the guy reworded the title over and over? How about some guy crapping on your ad because he doesn't like Glocks. Take away the rules and the next time you open up cleaning and maintenance to read of new ideas on cleaning fluid it might get hijacked by some insecure mush mind ranting about polluting polar bear killers and the conversation will never get back on track and you just wasted my time.
I want civility but political correctness is unhealthy, say what's on your mind. I don't like Pushy Jesus freaks or condescending vegans on soap boxed but if you are offended by things like God bless you or Pelosi is a b--ch, you haven't been fully weaned off momma.
Rule wise;
How to, for sale, I want;--- Keep the rules tight to keep from side tracking.
What's on your mind; let it fly. (Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer)
Rule up or down the in between stuff accordingly.
There is something here for everyone and plenty of opportunity for the prude, the t.u.r.d and in between.
Putting in a free for all topic line with x rated warning of conversation / subject will not degrade the site , because each of us has the ability to not open it up albeit that may be a radical new concept for some. Yes, tweak as needed but keep the rules.
There is one line in a post about page three or four that personifies the extreme ends of opines offered here; "you can't please them all"
Joe's doing a good job all in all.
After all, it's Joe's party and you invited yourself. You know where the door is. I'm sorry you don't like the cake.

Well, at least here we can discuss the topic without getting banned. Over at TalkBass.com where I am a member, publicly questioning a mod or admin will get you banned for a week. It's pretty Draconian.

Well I'm angry enough at this website for their double standards: over at the joke line it's OK to have sex with animals but if you make jokes about wifes they'll delete it.

Fine, you can keep your double standards but 1: I am not going to renew my gold membership and 2:I don't care if I get banned permanently- there's survival forums all over the net and there's nothing really here that can't be found elsewhere. So they can either get off their high horse or they'll be riding alone.

Well I'm angry enough at this website for their double standards: over at the joke line it's OK to have sex with animals but if you make jokes about wifes they'll delete it.

Fine, you can keep your double standards but 1: I am not going to renew my gold membership and 2:I don't care if I get banned permanently- there's survival forums all over the net and there's nothing really here that can't be found elsewhere. So they can either get off their high horse or they'll be riding alone.

It's really difficult for us to enforce the rules when people see these things and take offense, then don't report them. We cannot possibly read everything posted here. If you see offensive or objectionable content, please click the report button so we can address it.

It's really difficult for us to enforce the rules when people see these things and take offense, then don't report them. We cannot possibly read everything posted here. If you see offensive or objectionable content, please click the report button so we can address it.
Well Mr. Link- it was over at the "jokes" section. Someone had posted some hands on ideas of animal husbandry. I posted a few rules on how to pick up ladies. Their jokes stayed up. Mine was taken down. In other words Sir, the exact opposite situation of what you have just described, Sir.

Thanks, I'll take a look. We do our best to keep our moderation team on the same page, but it doesn't always happen. Often times if someone reports a post, we only look at that post before moving onto the next reported post.

What are you talking about? are you even on the right forum? There isn't a "jokes" section and your previous post was talking about how "there's survival forums all over the net". This is a firearms forum, that has a "Preparedness & Survival" section that really is a small percentage of the site overall. Maybe you're confused?

What are you talking about? are you even on the right forum? There isn't a "jokes" section and your previous post was talking about how "there's survival forums all over the net". This is a firearms forum, that has a "Preparedness & Survival" section that really is a small percentage of the site overall. Maybe you're confused?

You must not be familiar with Trailltrader...

Seriously, Google that username. Endless entertainment. I just got this phone and his username was somehow already programmed into the text prediction software.

I guess I must be either reading impaired, logic impaired, or english comprehension impaired- which wouldn't be so bad if I used recreational drugs or alcohol or other mind altering substances but I don't. As I understand this is the "humor thread" <broken link removed>

Did I misread the "Not enough goofy humor" part wrong? I mean I've new glasses so it's possible but I have cleaned them!

Seriously, Google that username. Endless entertainment. I just got this phone and his username was somehow already programmed into the text prediction software.
Because I'm the only "Trailltrader" on the net. Originally it was "Trailtrader" (One "L") but that identity was stolen off Ebay and it totally destroyed it so roughly,,,,,15ish years or so ago I had to completely rebuild from scratch. You're right- you look up "Trailltrader" and you'll find my boot prints everywhere! I did that once for giggles and grins and since I know myself better than you I can tell the times in my life when I wasn't medicated, the times when I was brain medicated, and I can almost tell when each different medication was applied. Q: where did you get this phone? . o O (Dave Carpenter is somewhat near you but I haven't seen him in 10 years,,,,,)

Because I'm the only "Trailltrader" on the net. Originally it was "Trailtrader" (One "L") but that identity was stolen off Ebay and it totally destroyed it so roughly,,,,,15ish years or so ago I had to completely rebuild from scratch. You're right- you look up "Trailltrader" and you'll find my boot prints everywhere! I did that once for giggles and grins and since I know myself better than you I can tell the times in my life when I wasn't medicated, the times when I was brain medicated, and I can almost tell when each different medication was applied. Q: where did you get this phone? . o O (Dave Carpenter is somewhat near you but I haven't seen him in 10 years,,,,,)

Well, there ya go....

@Joe Link

Found this hiding in a Wikipedia article

• To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.

Then all you have to do is define "religion" and exempt 2A.

Seemed like a concise starting point for your definition for moderation

Not always the way it is done here. Your thread can be deleted because the moderator believes the same topic is covered in another section. Your moderators are stuck reading all day and they may see it as a duplication even though it isnt.

Asking about gun sales in the general conversation is different than posting under the business section. You get different replys because most don't go to the business area. If you want to know what people think then go where the general public is and ask, if you want to learn something.

While you guys don't have the string of locked subjects you used to have it still makes people angry when a thread that has good replys is removed simply because the mod thinks it doesn't belong. Maybe the mod could just move the thread but that doesn't seem to be in their ability.

When this place first started most were not civil so I left. Now it is better but I don't like people locking out my thoughts when I am not insulting others. Closing a thread should be looked at very hard and should never be at just a whim.

Not always the way it is done here. Your thread can be deleted because the moderator believes the same topic is covered in another section. Your moderators are stuck reading all day and they may see it as a duplication even though it isnt.

Asking about gun sales in the general conversation is different than posting under the business section. You get different replys because most don't go to the business area. If you want to know what people think then go where the general public is and ask, if you want to learn something.

While you guys don't have the string of locked subjects you used to have it still makes people angry when a thread that has good replys is removed simply because the mod thinks it doesn't belong. Maybe the mod could just move the thread but that doesn't seem to be in their ability.

When this place first started most were not civil so I left. Now it is better but I don't like people locking out my thoughts when I am not insulting others. Closing a thread should be looked at very hard and should never be at just a whim.

Thanks for the feedback, Jim. We're trying very hard to move in the right direction, and the technology of this new software favors that. There will be an update soon which will allow us to merge double threads, rather than delete them, and it'll be clearer when and why a moderator has edited or deleted a thread. Some of this has to do with training and internal policies as well, which we've been slowly improving. I know we won't ever 'get it right' for everyone, but we're definitely trying to improve the things we can all agree on.

I'm quite upset with the Moderation here:
I have been warned for posting a "Non-gun response" which specifically mentioned guns.
I have been chided because I was not Kum-By-Ya enough but no specific complaint or rule cited.
If these warnings were in response to complaints by other members should the Mods not at least view the supposed offending posts?
It's no secret that some here are craven enough to make false accusations and Mods themselves are not above succumbing to their personal agendas
Since I have seen this happen to others over a period of years with the same mods involved on a consistent basis I tell my friends what to expect here. Though I have supported other sites to the tune of $100s of dollars a year it is the above behavior that has prevented my largesse here

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads