JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
t_2799_01.jpg_1.jpg
What would you guys like changed about the word filter?
Nearly all of us are adults here. I would think it should suffice we are adults if able to login. And once a login has been made, that SOME of the word filter(s) could be bypassed. Or perhaps given an option to bypass them (in the options)? I don't even know if this is feasible, I'm not a software guy.

1911vglock_zps9794659f.jpg
I think off topic means off topic of guns. We should be able to talk about anything, besides bad stuff. Like threats or such. If we want to talk about a deserter in the army, let us! Cause this AINT Ifish I hope.......

Not everyone is going to be pleased with everything. Being a mod is a thankless job, so I'm not going to call out deadeye or anyone else. However, that being said I agree with most who have expressed an opinion on this thread in that I hope this forum doesn't become over moderated like queen jenny and her minions made ifish. I abandoned that one a few years ago for that reason. I can handle a different point of view, but give me (and others) the chance to respond.

I also agree religion has no place here. That subject is a no win for all involved. More have died in religion's name than any other cause and it probably should be left alone here. I said probably because one could make the argument the current "green" movement is a religion and I'd certainly still like to be able to discuss this and the bovine excrement spread (on both sides) regarding this.

Most strong communites, orginizations, groups ect have learned that usually before you can stand and fight together you must fight with one and another. Most siblings argue and fight, most husbands and wifes scuffle. Most bosses and employees disagree ect ect ect .
I like the idea of an area where anything can be discussed. I think we lost some very interesting members due to the things being discussed in this thread and the reason I don't join them is the very reason they left here {Too many Rules}.I agreed and disagreed with many of them but find the site as a whole alot less interesting since they left or just quit participating, and hope the trend will be changed.

Most strong communites, orginizations, groups ect have learned that usually before you can stand and fight together you must fight with one and another. Most siblings argue and fight, most husbands and wifes scuffle. Most bosses and employees disagree ect ect ect .
I like the idea of an area where anything can be discussed. I think we lost some very interesting members due to the things being discussed in this thread and the reason I don't join them is the very reason they left here {Too many Rules}.I agreed and disagreed with many of them but find the site as a whole alot less interesting since they left or just quit participating, and hope the trend will be changed.

This.

In a nut shell, this nailed it..........

Last Edited:
Personally, I am glad they left. Stupid people should keep their out-of-sync ideas to themselves. They didn't agree with me all of the time anyway. If you want to get along with everyone, don't discuss Religion, Politics or Firearms on this forum...

I don't really mind the rules. I don't really like the implementation of them (scrubbing an entire perfectly legitimate topic because someone says Lib).

I think that Joe and the mods are doing just fine, Joe has always made clear his intensions for this site. A community of firearm owners, (all firearm owners) no matter their political or religious views. But who would want to be a part of a community where personal attacks, or name calling, or cursing is a necessity? Really? Keep up the good work, and thanks NWFA.

Didn't a former member start his own website because of what is being discussed here?

YES, and since that happened NWFA has been a comfortable place for serious and not so serious discussion, DISCUSSION! Just the way it should be. Sad thing is some of those members were a valuable asset here, and it's a shame they left....or not? There was too much "My exact way of thinking or your not worth a thing to us" attitude.

YES, and since that happened NWFA has been a comfortable place for serious and not so serious discussion, DISCUSSION! Just the way it should be. Sad thing is some of those members were a valuable asset here, and it's a shame they left....or not? There was too much "My exact way of thinking or your not worth a thing to us" attitude.
You do realize that works both ways.......:eek:

I just want to give everyone an update on this, I'm still mulling over our options here. If we change this, it will be a major change in my philosophy, but this post made a lot of sense to me.

A question for everyone. Say we were to make a private section, with far fewer restrictions, and a 100 post minimum, would it be acceptable to be strict with the rules elsewhere on the site?

I just want to give everyone an update on this, I'm still mulling over our options here. If we change this, it will be a major change in my philosophy, but this post made a lot of sense to me.

A question for everyone. Say we were to make a private section, with far fewer restrictions, and a 100 post minimum, would it be acceptable to be strict with the rules elsewhere on the site?
Rules are rules, we all agreed to them when we joined this site. If you want to have a more open section that is ok with me, but the main body of this site doesnt need politics or religion or any of the other stuff that the members who left here wanted to promote

I just want to come here and talk firearms. Maybe even buy or sell a few. That's it. No politics, no religion. Just firearms and the 2A. Add a few videos or range reports and I'm good. I don't see any other reason to be a member of a firearms forum. I also don't believe in social media garbage and I prefer voice over text. And I'm not even 40 so I guess I'm old beyond my years.

Last Edited:

Don't see how that would work exactly. Say someone posts a new thread in General Firearm Discussion about how they have a California compliant AR that they want to convert back to normal operation (does that ever happen?) and in the heading it spells Kalifornia with a K.
After a legit answer or two about conversion the usual remarks about Feinstein being a Commie who needs to be converted ensue.
Would you have it shut down at the start for spelling it with a "K" or wait till the remarks get personal between two members or what?
Should the thread poster not have used a "K" or should he not have talked about a sensitive subject as a Cali compliant AR? Almost every thread could turn political at the drop of a hat so do they get moved to private section as soon as this happens or does the one who turns it political get warned or banned?

What do you mean by 100 post rules BTW?
I think max limits on posting threads would be good. In the past some members, who I miss having around, tended to dominate the forum. This I think would have solved a lot of problems you seem be worried about. I didn't think it was broke BTW, just needed some minor adjustments on the mods side and the posters end.

I don't think "rules" are the problem, It's a lack of consistency with thread hammers/mod(s). Mods are on here everyday with lots of conversations and just one "checks in" and closes a bunch of them. I have had ads deleted, threads deleted and modified without warning or explanation. I have PM'd some if not all the mods over my short time here and have gotten professional courteous replies from all but the infamous one, (Deadeye) He never did as much as a F/U. The mods who replied did not remove/modify my posts.

Maybe this is the exclusive job of his to close threads and we're ignorant to this, I figured it was something all of you guys do.

I do like the idea of a pro 1A "Private section".

Deadeye, speak up here M8! I have ZERO issues with you. I actually had a different Mod call me out on a rifle I had for sale but after a quick Convo he deleted the whole thing. Much appreciated. I know Deadeye also cleaned up a thread I was involved in after it went way beyond firearms and ended up in the hatred bin, Good clean work. From both of the Mods. I know I was edited for thread cr@pping on a BST thread. My bad. Deadeye stepped in. He did what he should have. We all get carried away from time to time. That's life.

Stand up brother. I'll stand with you.

Last Edited:
I just want to come here and talk firearms. Maybe even buy or sell a few. That's it. No politics, no religion. Just firearms and the 2A. Add a few videos or range reports and I'm good. I don't see any other reason to be a member of a firearms forum. I also don't believe in social media garbage and I prefer voice over text. And I'm not even 40 so I guess I'm old beyond my years.

This hidden section would only be visible to those who request access. Those who don't would simply see less non-firearm political threads/posts.

Don't see how that would work exactly. Say someone posts a new thread in General Firearm Discussion about how they have a California compliant AR that they want to convert back to normal operation (does that ever happen?) and in the heading it spells Kalifornia with a K.
After a legit answer or two about conversion the usual remarks about Feinstein being a Commie who needs to be converted ensue.
Would you have it shut down at the start for spelling it with a "K" or wait till the remarks get personal between two members or what?
Should the thread poster not have used a "K" or should he not have talked about a sensitive subject as a Cali compliant AR? Almost every thread could turn political at the drop of a hat so do they get moved to private section as soon as this happens or does the one who turns it political get warned or banned?

What do you mean by 100 post rules BTW?
I think max limits on posting threads would be good. In the past some members, who I miss having around, tended to dominate the forum. This I think would have solved a lot of problems you seem be worried about. I didn't think it was broke BTW, just needed some minor adjustments on the mods side and the posters end.

First, if a firearm-related thread got shut down for the spelling of California, or the fact that Feinstein wants to ban all guns, I'd consider that to be far too strict. Non-firearm political threads would be closed, not moved to the hidden section. The way I've seen this implemented on other forums is as a bonus for established members, who are generally somewhat reluctant to talk about it (think Fight Club). The entire reason for hiding this section is because I don't want non-firearm political discussion associated with NWFA. This is also my biggest argument for apologizing to those who don't like the current rules, and leaving it at that.

The 100 posts for eligibility wouldn't be a maximum post/thread restriction, simply an assurance the person is an established member. Honestly, if a member doesn't have 100 posts here they really shouldn't know about the section.

I don't think "rules" are the problem, It's a lack of consistency with thread hammers/mod(s). Mods are on here everyday with lots of conversations and just one "checks in" and closes a bunch of them. I have had ads deleted, threads deleted and modified without warning or explanation. I have PM'd some if not all the mods over my short time here and have gotten professional courteous replies from all but the infamous one, (Deadeye) He never did as much as a F/U. The mods who replied did not remove/modify my posts.

Maybe this is the exclusive job of his to close threads and we're ignorant to this, I figured it was something all of you guys do.

I do like the idea of a pro 1A "Private section".

Truly, this touches on our biggest issue, interpretation of the rules. Different moderators interpret the rules differently, causing them to act differently. Law enforcement makes for the perfect analogy, some officers are strictly by the book and some are more lenient. Deadeye has asked me repeatedly for clarification on the rules and how to interpret them; I've failed to adequately clarify, because I honestly don't know how to convey that to someone. In this situation the one thing I can do is consider changing the rules to make them easier to enforce consistently. Honestly, many members have this same issue, "what is off topic?", "what is a non-firearm political thread?". If you or anyone else sends a message to a moderator and they don't respond, please invite me to the conversation and I'll figure out what's going on.

Deadeye, speak up here M8! I have ZERO issues with you. I actually had a different Mod call me out on a rifle I had for sale but after a quick Convo he deleted the whole thing. Much appreciated. I know Deadeye also cleaned up a thread I was involved in after it went way beyond firearms and ended up in the hatred bin, Good clean work. From both of the Mods. Stand up brother. I'll stand with you.

I appreciate you writing this. I believe he did previously, and basically wrote the same thing I wrote above about unclear expectations.

Several forums I've been on do this. They call it the "Uncensored Forum" or likewise.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads