JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yup, can't discuss the bull in the china shop, even as the china is being destroyed and thrown in the trash heap...............Put on your rose colored glasses, spark a fatty, and pretend the bull doesn't exist ...:(

If you see moderation that isn't in-line with the rules, please let me know and it will be addressed.

If you see moderation that isn't in-line with the rules, please let me know and it will be addressed.

Be specific please, what exactly have you seen or experienced?

Specifically? Deadeye is the problem. Locking threads don't need to be locked (usually without explanation, I'll be sure to screenshot it from now on) or because he doesn't like the subject matter, threads utterly disappearing from a forum, etc.

Also, the word filtration here is asinine as well.

Specifically? Deadeye is the problem. Locking threads don't need to be locked (usually without explanation, I'll be sure to screenshot it from now on) or because he doesn't like the subject matter, threads utterly disappearing from a forum, etc.

If he or any other moderator is taking action against threads, posts, or people that are not violating the rules, or if their moderation is inconsistent with our moderation policies, please let me know right away.

The word filter is set to change ten words which most agree have absolutely no place on the website of an organization that is trying to be taken seriously, in order to fight for our rights more effectively. Do you think the US Forest Service wants to be associated with a forum littered with profanity? People need to remember that this is not just a firearm forum, but an organization with specific goals.

Joe, I sent you a message a little bit ago. Seriously, it's an iFish level of bedwetter moderation.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I also want to note that now that I'll be here full time I'll be able to better understand the opinions and frustrations of our members. I've started a thread in the admin section where we're currently discussing most of the concerns brought up in this thread.

If he or any other moderator is taking action against threads, posts, or people that are not violating the rules, or if their moderation is inconsistent with our moderation policies, please let me know right away.

The word filter is set to change ten words which most agree have absolutely no place on the website of an organization that is trying to be taken seriously, in order to fight for our rights more effectively. Do you think the US Forest Service wants to be associated with a forum littered with profanity? People need to remember that this is not just a firearm forum, but an organization with specific goals.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
OK are the 10 words similar to George Carlin's seven dirty words you can't say on television? :eek:

Agree....

I think the word fitlers do need a bit of changing. Overmoderation is not limited to this forum. I was banned from one because, by a moderator, becuase he thought my offer of 50 bucks for a gun was demeaning, even though there was no complaint from the OP.

It would need to be context based. sometimes be PO'ed is the only way to describe how you feel. I don't think the obscene words need to be changed.

I think off topic means off topic of guns. We should be able to talk about anything, besides bad stuff. Like threats or such. If we want to talk about a deserter in the army, let us! Cause this AINT Ifish I hope.......

I've been on many forums where they have a section that is invite only, with content warnings, where people can talk about whatever they want….religion, politics, adult themed material, etc. But it's kept on lockdown so that google search results don't point people there and the uninformed don't accidentally stray into something they shouldn't. I'd be for something like this here if it would make the unhappy members happier.

I can't point to any specific incident, but I know for a fact that Deadeye has locked some threads that really left me scratching my head and wondering WTF.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads