JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted it as a matter of the way opinions are swaying these days. The wave of how people are thinking about things has a weight all of its own outside of the facts. Loss of consumer confidence doesn't always come about because the amrket has crashed- sometimes it causes the market to crash.

Free trade zones are a good idea. The entire nation should be a free trade zone. Tariffs only harm us, even if we dropped them unilaterally, and there were still tariffs on our goods in other countries, we'd still be better off. FTZs have indeed been around for decades and there is no loss of sovereignty involved: unlike an embassy. I can sympathize with ElSullo's frustration on this one point, because anybody who follows international politics or economics in the slightest bit, or does any international business, or even travels internationally now and then is very familiar with them.

Now, I totally disagree with him on most other things. Even blogs can be a good source of information, they simply have to be sifted through. I go to blogs primarily for commentary and opinion, and often enough analysis. ANYBODY can give good analysis, regardless of credentials or affiliation, if they are an intelligent person. Some of the best analysis often comes from blogs rather than news, because journalists study journalism- which means they know squat about anything else, usually. I'm not stuck on credentials- I have enough of them to know that they're often just barely qualified at what they're credentialed for, and too often completely incompetent at everything else. Discussion boards like this one are just group blogs, really, and there's lots of good (and some bad) info here.

"Here's an interesting point to ponder: China is no longer our largest creditor. The fed has bought all the debt previously held by china for freshly printed CASH. Wonder what they'll do with all those spendable FRN's"

The fed will loan the money to the banks at 1% and the banks will prop up the stockmarket. Just like they have been.

jj

Quote Originally Posted by Stomper:
Well, in THAT case... I'm Jesus, bow your knee to me!! (just kidding!!)

Well now - since my "I believe" button is busted - you'll have to make with the loaves and fishes first.

Tell you guys what,... When Stomper walks across a lake or river or a section of ocean and requests my obedience, only then will I "bend the knee."
I've got enough of the fishes after last weekend, I just need to bake a few loaves.

ROTFLMAO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top