JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the contrary, "Inside Job" does not gloss over anything. It FOCUSES on the intellectually corrupt government officials and elected politicians who listened to Wall Street and their paid academics and VOTED for each wrong policy change which enabled the pirates to steer the Ship-of-State for their personal profit at the cost to the entire economy and the taxpayers who the politicians decided had to bail them out. Folks should see the DVD themselves and decide whether Capitalism needs better management!.........................elsullo

That documentary glosses over government as the root cause and focuses on the Wall Street patsies. This book that correctly points the finger at government criminals as the root cause of the crisis: Amazon.com: Reckless Endangerment: How Outsized Ambition, Greed, and Corruption Led to Economic Armageddon (9780805091205): Gretchen Morgenson, Joshua Rosner: Books

Cooperative Wall Street firms like Goldman Sachs are nothing more than extensions of government. The greedy bankers are indistinguishable from the government power elite, they are one and the same. "Wall Street" is nothing more than a real life Emmanuel Goldstein used to distract suckers even as the government steals vast sums of money and distributes it to the favored and connected.

"Criminal mismanagement of capitalism" is an oxymoron, true capitalism does not need top-down management.

All that would be under lock and key in an undisclosed location. Well, except for the beads. What are they for?

If you have $24 bucks worth of them, you will be able to purchase Manhattan from teh greedy bankers who left it all in greenbacks..... post collapse of course. ps, thanks for the recommendations (last 2 posters).

I'm not entirely confident that we will pull out of our economic slide before the country balkanizes. I hope we do, and I think we will, but I give it a 30% chance that we will head into asecond, greater depression, and there could be fundamental political changes to our country, perhaps even dissolution of the Untied States as we currently know it, in our lifetime. Again, I hope not.

But a point: saying that we have no manufacturing base is a fundamentally ignorant mistake. We manufacture more phsyical goods now than we did in the 60s, 70s, 80s. We simply don't have as many manufacuring JOBS as we did then. Just like we don't have as many farmers as we did in 1905, but we actually produce more food than we did then. Technologically-enabled efficiencies have more than made up for less people doing the drudge work.

Now this has both positive and negative ramifications. Our supply chains are MUCH more integrated with the rest of the world. We may not produce the entire car- parts of it may come from Japan, China, or Brazil. But with the industrial base we still have, if the world shifts, we could tool up to take up the slack- there's still enough slack and inefficiencies in our system, there's still enough surplus wealth to do so with the proper incentives.

There are no historical inevitabilities- Marx was wrong on this as well as many other things. And as much as the media likes to harp on class issues that they invented in journalism school, the fact is that no country has more class mobility than we do. Consistent studies have shown that the people in the top quintile and the bottom quintile of income are the least likely to be there a decade later.

Now- I am pessimistic enough to be prepping to see my family through a dark age. But even in the best of times, it makes sense to prepare yourself for personal exigencies.

42 cents of every dollar our government spends is borrowed money. How would that work at your house? For this to turn around they would have to get rid of 40% of the government workers just to reach a balance. Those workers will riot since there are no jobs being made for anyone.

Everything is going as planned.

jj

42 cents of every dollar our government spends is borrowed money. How would that work at your house? For this to turn around they would have to get rid of 40% of the government workers just to reach a balance. Those workers will riot since there are no jobs being made for anyone.

Everything is going as planned.

jj

If only it was as simple as firing gov't workers...

Here's an interesting point to ponder: China is no longer our largest creditor. The fed has bought all the debt previously held by china for freshly printed CASH. Wonder what they'll do with all those spendable FRN's? Did you catch the news article the other day about Idaho selling 50 square miles south of Boise to china? The plan is for a completely self sustaining city filled with imported chines workers on what will be sovereign chinese soil inside the u.s. - pretty cool, huh? It is called a Free Trade Zone, and china has 72 of them in the U.S. The traitors left the gates open for their 30 pieces of silver, and there was never a shot fired...

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Yep - all going to plan.

You DO know that both of these stories are false, right? Completely disproven as internet hooey. You gotta get out more............................elsullo

If only it was as simple as firing gov't workers...

Here's an interesting point to ponder: China is no longer our largest creditor. The fed has bought all the debt previously held by china for freshly printed CASH. Wonder what they'll do with all those spendable FRN's? Did you catch the news article the other day about Idaho selling 50 square miles south of Boise to china? The plan is for a completely self sustaining city filled with imported chines workers on what will be sovereign chinese soil inside the u.s. - pretty cool, huh? It is called a Free Trade Zone, and china has 72 of them in the U.S. The traitors left the gates open for their 30 pieces of silver, and there was never a shot fired...

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Yep - all going to plan.

You DO know that both of these stories are false, right? Completely disproven as internet hooey. You gotta get out more............................elsullo

I'm OK with being straightened out on bum dope - I certainly prefer the truth, whatever it is, but please provide references. Links to these stories have shown up in quite a few places I consider normally reliable.

http://ia.ita.doc.gov/ftzpage/letters/ftzlist-map.html

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/01/25/jb-campbell-foreign-trade-zones-2/

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=13254

So - barring new evidence to the contrary - I'm going with the story as presented above..

They're the ones that will run the FEMA camps! (Just Kidding)

You might be closer to the truth than any of us know...

Please do your own research, but maybe don't use unverified extremist BLOGS with usupported posts by internet nicknames with zero reputation or established professional credibility--and NO evidence. BLOGS are generally fantasy/ideology rants and are not "normally reliable." Why not follow bona-fide news agency sites with professional journalist staff subject to career-challenging verification, vetting, and peer review? Even mighty newsman Dan Rather got his distinguished career at CBS News ended when he got his facts wrong when deceived by a forgery.

Your link about the US buying back Chinese bonds goes nowhere--why don't YOU find us some truthiness references? The Fed buys and sells bonds internationally all the time; the money supply expands and contracts to keep things on an even keel---that's what the FED does. Bernanke DID spend a HUGE chunk of money lately propping up US debt, but it was nowehere near the amount of total Chinese investment in the US economy. You may have noticed that the US govt. has been scrambling to keep the world from falling into complete economic depression? The evil Chinese schemers are getting richer by investing their huge profits all over the world to secure resources for their economy to continue to grow---just like we do. What, are they Capitalists now? Are we on the same side somehow?

The link about "sovereign Chinese soil in the US" is just complete poopdeck that was utterly dismissed by all news agencies back in February. Run a search on this site for "FREE TRADE ZONE" and find quite a discussion of this silliness here on 02/25/11. Free Trade Zones are about import-tax-free PORT zones to encourage expanding international trade, and they have existed in many places for eighty or more years. Think of a really big duty-free store. It's NOT about territory. If a Chinese corporation wanted to buy some huge ranch they might be allowed to do it, but they certainly would not be able to export thousands of Chinese workers. LOTS of countries own US real estate and business investments---none of it is "sovereign territory" of the investing nation.

I say again, BLOG post fantasies and misunderstandings propagated on the internet by chain email is NOT NEWS; not truth; no evidence; just hooey.............................elsullo

I'm OK with being straightened out on bum dope - I certainly prefer the truth, whatever it is, but please provide references. Links to these stories have shown up in quite a few places I consider normally reliable.

List of Foreign-Trade Zones by State

JB Campbell: Foreign Trade Zones | Veterans Today

You edited in all of the new links while I was typing. I was responding to the first two you originally posted. This last six links is going to wear me out...........................elsullo

Please do your own research, but maybe don't use unverified extremist BLOGS with usupported posts by internet nicknames with zero reputation or established professional credibility--and NO evidence. BLOGS are generally fantasy/ideology rants and are not "normally reliable." Why not follow bona-fide news agency sites with professional journalist staff subject to career-challenging verification, vetting, and peer review? Even mighty newsman Dan Rather got his distinguished career at CBS News ended when he got his facts wrong when deceived by a forgery.

Your link about the US buying back Chinese bonds goes nowhere--why don't YOU find us some truthiness references? The Fed buys and sells bonds internationally all the time; the money supply expands and contracts to keep things on an even keel---that's what the FED does. Bernanke DID spend a HUGE chunk of money lately propping up US debt, but it was nowehere near the amount of total Chinese investment in the US economy. You may have noticed that the US govt. has been scrambling to keep the world from falling into complete economic depression? The evil Chinese schemers are getting richer by investing their huge profits all over the world to secure resources for their economy to continue to grow---just like we do. What, are they Capitalists now? Are we on the same side somehow?

The link about "sovereign Chinese soil in the US" is just complete poopdeck that was utterly dismissed by all news agencies back in February. Run a search on this site for "FREE TRADE ZONE" and find quite a discussion of this silliness here on 02/25/11. Free Trade Zones are about import-tax-free PORT zones to encourage expanding international trade, and they have existed in many places for eighty or more years. Think of a really big duty-free store. It's NOT about territory. If a Chinese corporation wanted to buy some huge ranch they might be allowed to do it, but they certainly would not be able to export thousands of Chinese workers. LOTS of countries own US real estate and business investments---none of it is "sovereign territory" of the investing nation.

I say again, BLOG post fantasies and misunderstandings propagated on the internet by chain email is NOT NEWS; not truth; no evidence; just hooey.............................elsullo

So - no references provided (again) - just the claim that it is all hooey? Look for myself? I'm satisfied that there is some mal-intent involved with these FTZ's. To what extent, it's a little soon to say - but I'll be watching. As for "reliable sources" - I'll pass on the alphabet soup outfits - all lies all the time.

Egads, you know that the blogs that you cite have only other blogs cited as evidence? You know that most of these type of blogs have a fancy name but no organizational entity behind it---they are just one nutcase's opinions. All this crap was investigated by the major news agencies back in January and February and was completely disproven. The "territories" discussed are mostly AIRPORTS and the warehouse districts that service them, where imports and exports are exchanged without the usual import taxes, to encourage growth of trade and local jobs. The foreign traders do not OWN the zone and are not moving masses of people in. I am hereby done with this hooey. I am too disgusted to go on.......................elsullo

Ahem... and the alphabet MSM outlets of "reputable credentials" gets is talking points from the likes of The Daily Kos... meh, its all subterfuge... BOTH parties suck canal water.

The thing with the "MSM" outlets is that it has been well established that they are gov't and corporate controlled propaganda outlets. Beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind. While I will freely admit that there is a lot of "hooey" to sift through in the web based services, I at least feel like there is some chance of gleaning some truth from the noise. We all pick out the info that goes along with our particular world view, and mine is admittedly pretty dark these days. Once you lose the ability to accept information at face value on faith - everything comes into question, and all things are possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top