JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those speculating on what would happen to his shop after Joe's passing last month, this was posted on the web page today:

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

On the evening of 1-15-2020, the founder of The Gun Works, Joe Williams, un-expectantly passed away one month shy of his 85th birthday. He had been the driving force of the company for 39 years.

Although riddled with grief and shock, Suzi, his wife and competent staff will continue to fulfill customer needs and preserve his 39 year legacy.

The muzzleloading fraternity has lost a walking encyclopedia of invaluable information that was always unselfishly shared.

No words can adequately describe how much he will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

Keep your powder dry!
Suzi and Staff

This is a real personal blow to me - I had been a visitor to The Gun Works for the last twelve years and was always made to feel welcome. I never left without buying a few bits and pieces - sometimes a LOT of bits and pieces - one memorable visit cost me around $450 in 'bits and pieces'....getting them all back to yUK meant spreading them around three suitcases and two backpacks.

Joe was THE definitive BP gun salesman and fount of all knowledge - if he didn't know it, he'd look it up for later.

I know it's trite to say so, but I'll miss him, and the way that he made my once-a-year visits like visiting with an old friend.

RIP Joe.

Losing the guiding hand of any company or family is tough to overcome. Blessings to them for continuing to do business. Good luck to them as they move forward.

Was just in this last weekend, and was very sad to hear of Joe's passing! Always a awesome adventure, and no visit was complete with out a "Treasure Hunt" with Joe guiding me along on the hunt for the latest project or parts! I too never left with out a pretty goodly sized stash of goodies! Last trip cost me a grand, and it was more then worth it! IF any one has any interest in Muzzle loading, Black Powder, and historical arms and period history, THIS is the place to visit! You will not be sorry at all!

Suzi and co. Will continue on with the business, after all its such a passion, and they are so vested personally! Im glad to see them keeping it going, and I am more then happy to support them in any way I can! ;)

For those speculating on what would happen to his shop after Joe's passing last month, this was posted on the web page today:

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

On the evening of 1-15-2020, the founder of The Gun Works, Joe Williams, un-expectantly passed away one month shy of his 85th birthday. He had been the driving force of the company for 39 years.

Although riddled with grief and shock, Suzi, his wife and competent staff will continue to fulfill customer needs and preserve his 39 year legacy.

The muzzleloading fraternity has lost a walking encyclopedia of invaluable information that was always unselfishly shared.

No words can adequately describe how much he will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

Keep your powder dry!
Suzi and Staff
I met and spoke with him several times. He was a typical "Nice Guy" who loved God, Family & Country and kept his word. That kind of man is a rare commodity today. He will be missed.

Blessings,
LB

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top