JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Spaniard FR-8 .308.
Stiff trigger and I think the previous owner filed the front sight because it shot crazy high like 2 feet at 100 yards. We machined a steel tool to raise the front sight which broke when we tried to use it. Got rid of that dog the next day.

AMT Lightening. Won it at a DU banquet. Jam, jam, jam. Tried three different clips. Different ammo. Sent it to a gunsmith. Never shot 10 rounds with out a jam. Traded it for a Lyman power case trimmer. Best deal I ever made!

Yugo m48, what a turd.
Worst rifle I've ever owned, kicked like a mule and even in a benchrest was not an accurate rifle.(with either of us shooting it, I was with a friend)
Had it been an accurate rifle I would have kept it, but any firearms I can't shoot well get sold or traded.

Last Edited:
I always told the Mrs, guns are as good as cash if we ever need money... One time I had to prove it, selling a great complete Ar15 from PSA, premium line with a FN CHF barrel, etc.

Luckily for me it was right after Obama got re-elected. Sold it for almost double what I paid and it was still a decent deal at the time for the buyer.

A year later bought the exact same build at "normal" prices. Sometimes it really mirrors a stock market

I've only dumped two. First was a 9mm Shield, hated almost everything about it, traded for a p938 (+cash on my end). Second was a DPMS Oracle. Bought a guitar for $150, traded for the Oracle, traded the Oracle for an MPA Mac11.

Im curious about the PA10. Im about to buy a gen2 20" version.. what was wring with yours?
Nothing was wrong. The quality of the gun in terms of fit finish and machining was suprisingly great for the price. I had zero problems with anything realted to reliability i just didnt care for a "run of the mill" ar anymore. I wanted more features

Nothing was wrong. The quality of the gun in terms of fit finish and machining was suprisingly great for the price. I had zero problems with anything realted to reliability i just didnt care for a "run of the mill" ar anymore. I wanted more features
Phew, ok. Just wanted to make sure there isnt something PA10 owners know that others don't. Thanks for the reply!

Eddystone sporter project, it had been irreversibly altered by a Bubba - the rear sight had been milled off, but they didn't even make the top of the receiver flat to mount a rail or ring bases on, they chopped the front sight off and recrowned it, and it had a rough, unfinished stock. I finished the stock and got it looking nice, but never got around to having it milled and drilled for scope bases. Sold it to pawn shop for $100.

Walther P99 in .40 - it was a good gun, but would've been way better in 9mm.

It has nothing on my least favorite gun I dont regret selling the H&K VP70Z. Worst gun Ive ever owned next to that Linda Carbine.
Ironically I have an H&K VP70Z and really like it. Of course that trigger is tough to get over, which is why mine has a trigger job.
Unfortunately I had to do that trigger job myself as not many gunsmiths will work on a VP70Z, that said it came out way better than the stock trigger was.
I carry mine frequently. With practice it is a good shooter.

Ironically I have an H&K VP70Z and really like it. Of course that trigger is tough to get over, which is why mine has a trigger job.
Unfortunately I had to do that trigger job myself as not many gunsmiths will work on a VP70Z, that said it came out way better than the stock trigger was.
I carry mine frequently. With practice it is a good shooter.
Its been 30 years but if I remember right it had a 19 lb trigger on the first shot. Paid $275 and they couldnt give them away.

Almost went to jail over that one. Some friend and I in the Army went out shooting in the woods in Germany after I bought it before we realized you don't do that. Had a forstmeister ride his bike up and TRIED to hold us at riflepoint until it turned into a Mexican standoff. I'm glad he backed down 'cause I was out of ammo.

Glock 27 and Glock 22.
For whatever reason, the ergonomics of the Gen-2 (first with rail) guns and me didn't work.

Nothing wrong with them, just don't work for me.

I traded my A-Team, factory collapsable stock Mini-14 for my POF MP5 pistol.
Funny thing it we both feel like we got the good side of that deal.

Glock 27 and Glock 22.
For whatever reason, the ergonomics of the Gen-2 (first with rail) guns and me didn't work.

Nothing wrong with them, just don't work for me.

I traded my A-Team, factory collapsable stock Mini-14 for my POF MP5 pistol.
Funny thing it we both feel like we got the good side of that deal.
Those factory collapsible mini-14 stocks are worth more than the gun alone is nowadays.
There is reproduction coming out by Samson MFG, though.(not sure if released yet)
I don't blame you for the trade though, MP5's are sweet, won't ever sell mine.

A few examples come to mind readily:

Jimenez JA-22. Trigger ceased to reset after a couple hundred rounds. Sold as a parts gun.

TNW Aero Survival Rifle. Poorly made junk. Wouldn't run right with any ammo or any mags. Worked its way loose with very little use. Sold as a parts donor.

Polish P-64. While nicely-made, attractive, and reliable... recoil was extremely unpleasant and had a DA trigger so terrible it'd make a Nagant revolver feel smug. Also for the size and weight, a 6-round magazine seemed a bit meager.

Winchester 190 in .22lr. While it was reliable and decently made for what it was, it was a pain to reassemble and I figured there are enough other .22lr self-loaders out there that wouldn't be as obnoxious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top