JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Remington Model 7 in 7mm08. Barky, Muzzle light. Kicked harder than my 30-06. The gun rags told me how handy it would be in the brush. Sold it after 3 months. Wen't back to 22" bbl bolt action 30-06.

Ruger 77 30-06. The most inaccurate bolt rifle I have ever owned. 3-4" at 100 yards was all it was capable of after it was floated, bedded, trigger done, loads testing, lapped lugs, cut crown, cleaned to bare steel. She was a lemon. Sold it and bought another Ruger 77 in 30-06. This one shoots. Have owned it for 25+ years now.

Tikka 270. Also inaccurate. I spent at least 20 days fumbling around with this thing.....rings, bases, stock screws, ammo, cleaning, scopes......2moa. Everyone told me that Tikkas always shot well. They were wrong. Sold it and bought another Tikka. This one shoots.

Remington 700 in 338. Thing shot like a benchrest rig. Shot any load into tiny groups. Never lost zero. Never had any mechanical issues. Good trigger. This was my primary big game rig for 20 years. And it kicked harder than I am willing to tolerate anymore. I don't chase bulls on the coast anymore-where penetration and big power help. Sold to a buddy who loves it. I'm happy for him. Replaced it with a Ruger #1 in 7x57. Handsome wood, sexy to my eye, and shoots 140 grain partitions well. And it don't tear skin off my finger when I shoot it.

Glock 19. Plastic blocky pistols just aint my thing. Ugly like Rosie O'donnell to my eyes. Kinda hard to own when they make S&W revolvers, Colts, 1911s, SA Rugers.... even my Sig is handsome next to a Glock.

Getting ready to sell a Benelli Nova. I went to an SX3 shortly after I bought the Nova. It's sitting in the corner unfired in last decade (Short a couple moles in the yard). She will go soon. I will not lament it moving on.

Some I don't regret selling or trading...
A beautiful Uberti 1873 Winchester Carbine copy.
Excellent carbine and workmanship and a wonderful albeit incorrect cartridge , the .45 Colt.

Any number of Marlin lever guns with the worthless cross bolt safety...
I really like the JM marked and earlier lever guns...but see no need at all for a useless lawyer proof "safety".
Andy

Taurus PT22 Pocket pistol, two of them, both jammed no matter what ammo was used. On had an oval barrel and had to be sent back day one for repair.

I don't regret selling or trading any firearm. But then again, I've never sold or traded away any firearm. Yup, I still have every single one I've ever owned. That's why my wife and daughter call my gun vault "The Black Hole".

At one time I owned a abused on the outside , but in very good shape regarding the lock and bore...
.45 Caliber ( .457 diameter ) antique "Plains rifle"...after much research and work , I restored this rifle to shooting form.

I kept it for a few years ...then sold it to a young guy , who wanted to start collecting and shooting antique muzzleloaders....The rifle went to a good home and I gave him a "break" in the price...always good to help someone new out.
Andy

The only one I can think of was my Henry Big Boy in 357 mag. The brass was so shiny, and the gun was so pretty and pristine, that I stressed the heck out every time I shot it, cause I didn't want it to get scratched lol. I like to shoot my guns and toss them around without worry, but for some reason, i couldn't do that to this rifle, and it ended up staying home when we all went to play. I had to bless and release that one.

Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine. Neat idea, horrible execution. Two trips back to the factory. Lots of different magazines. Springs changed. Tried nearly every factory ammo available in said caliber. And, yet, impossible to get through a magazine without at least one, and generally several, malfunctions. It wasn't just one kind of malfunction; pretty much any way a semi-automatic rifle could fail, it did.

There is no way I'd ever bother with another A-O again. I'm not sure about those under the Kahr umbrella in general: the Magnum Research Desert Eagle has been rock solid, for example.

ODI Viking stainless 1911 with the Seecamp DA conversion. In the mid-1980s, it made me look exactly like Sonny Crocket (to non-gun savvy San Diego girls... at a glance... in the dark... if they drank). But all similarities ended there. Mr. Vice wasn't constantly cussing and clearing stovepipes.

Making full disclosure of that shortcoming , I traded it to a dealer for a well used Colt Gold Cup. Maybe he was able to sort out the proper mix of springs, ejectors, ammo, etc. I never did.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads