JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are rude, they are well overpriced, and they are racist/bigoted. They don't sell any firearm that is not american made, and if you ask if they have one, they launch a slurry of racist remarks at you. This is not an exaggeration, there are about 10 forums that I have found online that everyone on them has had the same experience as me. Don't believe me? Call them and ask for an AK, SKS, or a Makarov. Please don't support this company.

I agree with the above poster, avoid this place at all costs. I'm surprised they make enough money to cover their property taxes, let alone stay in business. They have to own that place, cause I can't imagine they'd be able to make rent. Their prices are at least $200 over what you'll find at Keith's, Northwest Armory, or Gun Broker and their customer service is worse than a collection agency.

A friend of mine asked them why the Remington PSS they had was so far overpriced compared to other shops in town. He was told that the excessive price was because Remington used special steel for the barrels on the PSS rifles that The Gun Room received... My friend called him on it by saying something to the effect of "Do you really expect me to believe that?" Then he left rather than getting into an unproductive "discussion" over the absurd statement that Remington used special steel for the rifles that were sold only to the gun room.

Same here. I went in to buy a gun one day, waited around for 20 minutes until I had to ask the guys sitting behind the counter to help me. Once they finally "helped" me they were so obnoxiously rude that I wouldn't have bought a gun even if were half price.

I was terribly bored one day and wanted at least 30 minutes of entertainment...

So I went into the Gun Room and asked about buying a Glock 19.

COMEDY GOLD!

(and yes, I knew exactly what I was getting into. try it sometime if you are in for a laugh)

I was asking some questions about reloading equipment, and was actually buying some items. While I was asking some more questions so I could find out which additional tools I needed, the fellow just walked away. I was stunned. So I put all but one item on the back onto the counter and went to pay for the item. I stood at the front counter for awile and no one asked if they could help me. Eventually, I had to ask who could take my money for the item. Although they did take my money, I got the distinct feeling that I was bothering them...at least they are consistent with me and other customers. I don't understand how they stay in buisness. Perhaps PT Barnum's dictum applies... "There is a sucker born every minute."

The owner actually told a friend of mine that the reason he charges so much for a Remington PSS was because Remington used special steel in the barrels they put on the rifles for his shop....but only for the ones in his shop. My friend knew it was BS but was so stunned that the owner would even attempt to pass that line of BS of on someone, that he just shook his head and left without a comment.

Wow. I wish I had read this before being in Portland today with some time to kill- Kill is right- those are ten minutes I'm never getting back.

I walked in and started just looking around. They have a fairly large selection of rifles. So, after wandering around for a few moments, A guy asks me if I'd been helped. I said no and asked about the block for the Glock overtravel. Wow! This idiot walks me over to the dusty, cramp packed counter and shows me four pieces of paper about PPB's problems with Glocks.

I said yeah but the thousands of rounds I've put through mine and not a problem one! He said "well, it only takes once" I said "uh, ok." Walked out and won't be back.

Oh, he did say that he would carry Glock if PPB gives him their contract- very dedicated to his beliefs.

If you want I can recommend a few really good gun shops in Portland. Northwest Armory on Mcloughlin just south of Milwaukie, Keiths guns in Gresham, and the Gun Broker on either S.E. 82nd and another location over on S.W. Barbur. All three have treated me well. I understand that they are there to make a profit, and I don't resent it, nor do I expect them to sell me a gun for the price I see advertised in the shotgun news. They have all been reasonable with what they will give for a used gun (allowing them a reasonable and fair profit), and what they charge for the gun they sell me. I have no reservations about dealing again with any of those shops.

If you are way up in St. Johns there is Shooter's Service Center. John Semm is one of the best pistol smiths I know. I have had him work on 2 or 3 of my duty guns, and they always turned out just like I expected. John is another one of the fair minded, reasonable people.

So you now have 4 shops to look at next time you are in Portland...and only one to avoid. That isn't too bad of a ratio.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top