JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sooo had some time and just wondered if they were as bad as I remembered them......Yep they are.

Went in and asked about CZ handguns. They had a nice selection and the guy behind the counter was actually fairly nice during our discussion. At one point he did pull out the old, dated, and starting to fade, pictures of the exploding glocks and even an XD. Date at the bottom of the picture stated it was copied off the internet in 2001.

Anyway, got past that and asked how much the CZ 75 SP01 was. Said it would be $909.00. I told him that seemed a bit high and he stated they had 6 months same as cash. That's some expensive cash as the MSRP on the gun is about $650.

Now comes the real kicker. After some further discussion he asks if I want to see what he plans to buy next and has the gall (after the expolding pictures) to pull out and FN five-seven! Then proceeds to tell me what a great gun it is and that it is accurate to 200 yards. I didn't even ask how much it was, just told him good day and left the store.

Apparently only glocks and XD's explode, or anything elese they don't happen to have on hand.

I think I saw the M1 carbine Audie Murphy carried when he won the MOH, because it was priced at $1250. It was kind of beat up too.

I was also unaware that run of the mill Bushmaster ARs run for $1400 until I went into the Gun Room.

H

To call the people at the Gun Room D-bags and a$$hats is an affront to D-bags and a$$hats everywhere.

I went in there the other day after stumbling upon it. I had never heard of it, and I always like looking at guns, so I went in. At first, I was impressed by the amount of firearms and related gear they had in stock, at least until I w their prices. Holy overpriced guns! The one that stood out to me the most was a Springfield M1A standard for $3000. I got mine from Keith's for half that. Whoever the guy was working at the time chatted me up about how only Colts and Winchesters were worth buying, and that they were the best investment one could ever make. After about ten minutes, another employee came out of the crapper, and when the first guy went off to hornswaggle the only other poor soul who wandered in, began to give me the same spiel about Colts and Winchesters. He stated that they we the only viable investment, and that gold, silver, or land ownership were not even worth investing money in. While he gave me the canned lecture, the other fellow worked over an unsuspecting customer who wanted a home defense shotgun. I overheard hom telling the guy that only trap loads should be used for HD, since they will tear a person in half, but if it hits drywall, will harmlessly be retained in your house. Also, he said you only need one handgun, which should be on the nightstand so you can get to the trap loaded shotgun. That handgun should be a revolver, since semi-autos all jam, but the wheel gun will just go bang, bang, bang. Additionally, it needs to be a .45acp since when a 45 hits a person will knock them two feet backwards due to their maximum stopping power. I wonder why he was concerned about stray shotgun pellets escaping your walls, but not the awesome power of the 45. That was about the time I exited the store and called my dad to tell him about what a joke that place was. I won't be back.

I wish I had read this thread before I went in, and saved myself the experience. What really gets me is if they think so poorly of the "crap plastic guns," and show a picture album of assorted Glock kabooms, then why were there two old Smith revolvers with destroyed cylinders on display on the counter? What a joke.

The main guy there is a really bubblegum his main hang up on glock is that it cost them what he said is a 100 dollars to produce a unit then turn around and sell it for 500.00 and this makes them a horrible corporation not to mention he is a poly-racist, then tells me and my friend out right his prices are higher then ever bodies because he has to make a profit, so its okay for him to charge hundreds over msrp and every other shop in town but glock is the cancer of the gun world for making a profit not to mention almost every model bnib is 500-550.00 and everyone knows this so he can't sell them for 700.00 dollars used

Anyone else surprised that they aren't aware of this community and their unbelievably horrible reputation?

How is it possible with so much technology available and search engines like Google, for a gun shop to have an 86% disapproval rating on a local gun forum that has 21,000+ members, and not know about it?.... and not attempt to change it?.... :confused: :huh:

your gonna love it, go in talk to them about a nice colt 1911 that your interested in (maybe the centennial edition) then after they give you a quote for somewhere in the ballpark of a new house ask if they would like to take your gen 3 glock in as trade .. you will see regular customers gather around to watch and the guy your talking to will start to foam at the mouth. Next the "book" will come out, it will show you photos of poly gun frames in 15 pieces and he will tell you that EVERY poly gun WILL explode just like these because they are garbage. Truly a Portland experience not to be missed!lol really though its just awful in there lol
I have to check these guys out just for the experience.

Anyone else surprised that they aren't aware of this community and their unbelievably horrible reputation?

How is it possible with so much technology available and search engines like Google, for a gun shop to have an 86% disapproval rating on a local gun forum that has 21,000+ members, and not know about it?.... and not attempt to change it?.... :confused: :huh:

If you dig around in this very thread, you'll actually see where Warren himself got on here (pretending not to be he, of course) and tried to troll for support. Didn't work..

Epic thread. Epic.

It's really fun to go there with someone new. Tell them all these stories, they will think that you are just making up stories, then you go in and watch the fun happen. I did that to one of my friends. We laughed all the way home.

Arrogant, bigoted, lazy and incredibly overpriced! Store is mostly full of junk or "PRICELESS" treasures! I remember when the store was down on,I believe, Grand Ave. The original owner was a true gentleman and a gentle man. I wish I could remember his name. He was courteous to everyone and always made time to talk to a 13 or 14 year old budding rifleman, yours truly. I wouldn't throw a penny at the current guys to stop my own execution.

I was in there last week and I assume the it was the owner who was working. Racist old guy with glasses and a beard? Well anyway He ha dhis grand doughter in the store who was about 10 and he handed her a handgun from the glass case that had some crimson trace grips on them. Wonder why? So she could run around the store with it useing the lazer to tease the dog!!! Where do they draw the line?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top