JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Australia already has super tough gun controls. Under current law, lever action long guns are kept in the low A category, meaning they are among the easiest firearms to acquire in that country. Although one still must get an individual permit to own the gun, and document that you have a "genuine reason" to own the gun. NOTE: The right to own a gun for self-defense is not recognized in Australia.

Well, since it is now so hard and difficult to get either a semiauto or pump action shotgun in Australia ( the law puts them in the very restricted Category C ), a lever action shotgun called the Adler A110 has now become popular. It falls into the much easier to obtain Category A.

maxresdefault.jpg

However, the growing popularity of this shotgun has upset the folks at Gun Control Australia, Australia's main gun control organization. They argue that it can be shot too fast, and should thus be banned. They have begun a petition, to put a ban on the Adler A110. Here is a link to their webpage attacking the Adler A110:

<broken link removed>

The anti-gun people in Australia are calling the shotgun a "legal semiauto". Laurie Levy, campaign director for the Coalition against Duck Shooting ( a group that fights for Duck rights, and the abolition of Duck Hunting in Australia ) said this: "What it is, is a <broken link removed> weapon. It shouldn't be able to come to Australia. It's a rapid fire weapon very much like a pump-action shotgun – in fact it looks just like one."

Can you believe these morons?? When will the gun grabbers ever be satisfied?

Here is a link below to more background about the situation. The Sports Shooters Association of Australia is fighting back, and has noted that there has never been a single instance of a lever action shotgun being used in a crime in Australia.

Adler Seven-Shot Lever-Action Shotgun Triggers Rumors of a New Australian Gun Grab - The Truth About Guns (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/robert-farago/adler-seven-shot-lever-action-shotgun-triggers-rumors-of-a-new-australian-gun-grab/)

I think the answer to "When will the gun grabbers ever be satisfied?" Is "Never."
Once one law or restriction is passed it seems that another even more restrictive one is waiting to be passed.

Laws and restrictions like the "assault weapons ban" or magazine restrictions and the seeming endless passing of laws and restrictions , have made me into a "HardCore" , not going to budge on my position , type of person.
The above mentioned laws and restrictions do nothing to stop crime and prevent violence.
They just infringe upon the rights of law abiding gun owners.
Andy

Last Edited:
Most, if not all, of the anti-gunners will not stop until guns are 100% gone from civilian hands. Each 'step' they take is just one more move toward their ultimate goal of complete confiscation. Come up with a new design (such as the manufacturers did to work around the MA law) and they will come after it - redefining terms, changing laws. Fact is, they will keep taking until we find a way to stop them.

Philip of Macedonia comes to mind.

View attachment 304986

When Phillip's son Alexander left Greece to invade the Persian Empire, he first sent word to Sparta, and asked them to join his army, and follow him to glory. The Spartans sent this reply back to him:

"We do not follow men, but lead them."

Sparta remained independent. Alexander was willing to attack the largest Empire the world had ever seen, but he ( just like his father ) did not want to mess with little Sparta.

"...LaurieLevy, campaign director for the Coalition against Duck Shooting ( a group that fights for Duck rights, and the abolition of Duck Hunting in Australia ) said..."

Seems some folks need a really good hobby. You know, one that doesn't affect other people who are enjoying there's.

Jogging, reading, beer brewing are just a simple few that would take up a good bit of time.

Perhaps build a home for, well, you know, the less fortunate.

...fights for duck rights? What? I do not understand :(

Here is an editorial posted last month, which also talks about the current situation in Australia. The anti-gun groups are outraged that firearms ownership continues to increase, not decrease. They are calling their existing laws inadequate, as they want the number of guns in the country to DECREASE.

They are especially upset that there is no limitation on the number of firearms that a person may own. They are arguing that one or two guns is more than enough for an ordinary citizen to own.

Australia is heralded for its strict gun laws but they are eroding. (http://www.mamamia.com.au/australian-gun-laws-weaker-since-1996/)

...fights for duck rights? What? I do not understand :(

Levy used to protest at duck hunts, and would harass the hunters. He and his followers would often retrieve both dead and wounded birds, and prevent the hunters from getting to them. He had many confrontations with duck hunters, like this one below. That is Laurie on the left, wearing a white T Shirt and a Speedo. I don't know that this duck hunter was saying to Levy, although I do see a finger pointing up in the air.

1450248736469.jpg

Here is a photo below of a wounded Duck that Levy rescued. In the background, you can see rows of dead ducks that he and his followers all stole from hunters that had shot them. They took the dead birds into the city, to have a big protest and show the public the gruesome carnage that the duck hunters were engaging in.

1450248736469.jpg

However, because of all of his harassment of hunters, the government eventually ended up having to ban Levy from being in wetlands during the hunting season. He is now under a court order to not bother hunters anymore.

levy_B67D5040-A446-11E5-A103028C5261BCF7.jpg

Levy used to protest at duck hunts, and would harass the hunters. He and his followers would often retrieve both dead and wounded birds, and prevent the hunters from getting to them. He had many confrontations with duck hunters, like this one below. That is Laurie on the left, wearing a white T Shirt and a Speedo. I don't know that this duck hunter was saying to Levy, although I do see a finger pointing up in the air.

View attachment 305007

Here is a photo below of a wounded Duck that Levy rescued. In the background, you can see rows of dead ducks that he and his followers all stole from hunters that had shot them. They took the dead birds into the city, to have a big protest and show the public the gruesome carnage that the duck hunters were engaging in.

View attachment 305008

However, because of all of his harassment of hunters, the government eventually ended up having to ban Levy from being in wetlands during the hunting season. He is now under a court order to not bother hunters anymore.

View attachment 305009

What a nutbag. No doubt there are plenty of folks just like him here in the US. I seem to recall some folks in the US that were harassing hunters with drones and also were put under a court order to cease and desist.

Once again, people that demonstrate by their actions that they don't believe in the rights of others, only their own personal beliefs matter. They just can't leave well enough alone. I'm honestly a bit surprised this lunatic is still walking upright, seems it would have been easy for some of these pissed off hunters to 'disappear' him :rolleyes:

View attachment 305007

View attachment 305008

View attachment 305009

I would have pushed for a poaching charge if he was out there collecting ducks without a license. Looks like went way beyond his bag limit. Calling HIMSELF a hero. Pssh!

When Phillip's son Alexander left Greece to invade the Persian Empire, he first sent word to Sparta, and asked them to join his army, and follow him to glory. The Spartans sent this reply back to him:

"We do not follow men, but lead them."

Sparta remained independent. Alexander was willing to attack the largest Empire the world had ever seen, but he ( just like his father ) did not want to mess with little Sparta.

Little Sparta or modern Switzerland.

I intend to never be herded like a sheep, which is how I visualize the future if we don't guard 2A fiercely!
They will never stop, so neither can we!:mad:

The time is during the early days of WW1, and a German general is watching military training in Switzerland. He chats to the Swiss general....

'So, mein General, how many soldiers could you muster right now to defend your little country?'

'Well, right now we could defend our borders with 200,000 Swiss marksmen.'

'Hah!, well, right now, I could invade your little country at dawn tomorrow with 400,000 of my soldiers. What is your answer to that, then?'

'Ah, that's an easy one to answer. My men just shoot twice, and then go home for breakfast.'

tac
www.swissrifles.com

What a nutbag. No doubt there are plenty of folks just like him here in the US. I seem to recall some folks in the US that were harassing hunters with drones and also were put under a court order to cease and desist.

Once again, people that demonstrate by their actions that they don't believe in the rights of others, only their own personal beliefs matter. They just can't leave well enough alone. I'm honestly a bit surprised this lunatic is still walking upright, seems it would have been easy for some of these pissed off hunters to 'disappear' him :rolleyes:

I would love to have a drone harass me while hunting. That would be better than duck hunting itself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top