JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a heads up before you make a drive across town. After having been open for 28 years they are closing up shop. From what I have heard the owner is retiring and moving somewhere warmer.
Over the years that store has had some pretty darn nice firearms!
As some may already know he closed up the Tigard store a few years ago then another local gun retailer scooped up that location and opened shop.
It always unfortunate when a lgs closes.

I know this is 5 years too late. When Royd first opened this store I became his gunsmith for a short while. Until one day when I went in to pick up some clients guns to work on. Royd was messing around with a broken .32 auto pistol. Putting live ammo in it. He called me over to see why It wouldn't work. A moment later he shot me in the leg! Thank god he didn't hit me in the belly. It as just a flesh wound and didn't want to go to the doctor as that would cause a bunch of trouble for him. For the next month every time I seen him. The first thing he would say is, " are you going to sue me?". I would reply, did you shoot me on purpose? He'd shake his head NO. And I would say, there you go then. No need to sue anyone. I'm ok, just a scar. But somehow this whole event caused an emotional rift between him and I. And I moved on. True story.There we're 4 other people in the store when it happened. And yes, I still have the bullet as a reminder.

He pulled a gun on me one time, but didn't point it directly at me.

I was driving by, and the "OPEN" sign was out, so I decided to stop in. I opened the door, and walk-in and the lights were off he was on the phone at the counter and immediately pulled his gun. I stopped and said "you must be closed," he said yes and I promptly left the building.

He pulled a gun on me one time, but didn't point it directly at me.

I was driving by, and the "OPEN" sign was out, so I decided to stop in. I opened the door, and walk-in and the lights were off he was on the phone at the counter and immediately pulled his gun. I stopped and said "you must be closed," he said yes and I promptly left the building.

I passed Through a few dozen times 10-20 years ago, I asked no questions bought the most expensive pistol on the wall and was still treated like a mild nuisance.

I know this is 5 years too late. When Royd first opened this store I became his gunsmith for a short while. Until one day when I went in to pick up some clients guns to work on. Royd was messing around with a broken .32 auto pistol. Putting live ammo in it. He called me over to see why It wouldn't work. A moment later he shot me in the leg! Thank god he didn't hit me in the belly. It as just a flesh wound and didn't want to go to the doctor as that would cause a bunch of trouble for him. For the next month every time I seen him. The first thing he would say is, " are you going to sue me?". I would reply, did you shoot me on purpose? He'd shake his head NO. And I would say, there you go then. No need to sue anyone. I'm ok, just a scar. But somehow this whole event caused an emotional rift between him and I. And I moved on. True story.There we're 4 other people in the store when it happened. And yes, I still have the bullet as a reminder.
Hey! Welcome to NWFA! Great story. I pretty much have fond memories of Gun Broker. 2010, first gun store we ever went in, gun room doesn't count. Brand new to guns, at 55, we thought THAT was what a gun store should be.

And you'd be pregnant.

Bazinga!
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

OK I guess I gotta get in this one. I live in Milwaukie and taking 82nd drive was easy back then. That shop was like a magnet, always pulled me in. He always had a large selection of used rifles and handguns. It was my experience that Royd would BS a bunch as long as there were no other customers in there. He was very good on old Colts. I bought a number of used guns and he always dealt with me. One afternoon I was heading home with my wife in the truck. I stopped and she stayed in the truck. Inside was a pistol I had long wanted, used. A Ruger with the extra 9MM cylinder. He had a fair price on it and I offered less. He said OK and I then had to consult the banker out in the truck. I walked out and began dealing with her through the down window. She was, as always, negative on yet another gun. It was at this time I noticed that blind in the shop window was pulled back and three guys were watching the whole scene, one being Royd. I motioned to my wife that our negotiation was public. She instantly gave up and told me to go get it. I paid and took a rash of well intended sh!t in the process. Royd also bought five rifles off me one time when I was desperate. I still drive 82nd Dr and it hurts to see a massage parlor where so many good memories live.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top