JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So weed looks to be legal in all three western CONUS states, plus Alaska now. I do not, nor have I ever partaken of the stuff, and no plan to start - but I think it should be legal and was glad to see Oregon legalize it over a year ago. Knowing police officers personally and being a LE explorer in my youth, I saw how much time police wound up wasting dealing with stupid low level drug crimes, and crimes related to drug use. While it's still illegal on the federal level, I don't think that will last long. I think it will be interesting to see how California's largest cash crop goes, and if it can buoy that state's faultering budget. Of course I'm a cynic, and I think they'd likely piss the money away they will get in tax revenue.

I think it's likely going to be sooner, rather than later before the feds decriminalize / legalize cannibis. If they're "smart" they will regulate it and tax it like tobacco, although I'm not for more federal taxes.

Burn outs will be burn outs, legal or not, but I am overall glad to see that the law is starting to loosen up on the drug war - the drug war has cost more lives, more money, and more time than our last three wars combined. We need to re-evalute things - keep the hard drugs controlled / illegal (but perhaps even make the natural ones legal, if highly regulated and taxed) - and refocus our law enforcement resources on other, more important issues. Especially if we can get the immigration problem under control, because the immigration problem aids and masks a lot of the illicit drug smuggling - stop the illegals swarming across the border and you stop a lot of the drug flow.

If only we can get our citizens and state governments to adopt more libertarian stances on gun laws.

Pot will become legal on the federal level at some point. The movement is growing.

The problem is they keep using the "medical benefit" side of it and they should be saying in unison "We want it to get high.." which is more the truth than the other.

I'm against mind altering stuff (I don't partake in alcohol so don't get on my bubblegum about that). I cannot deny that the 'movement' is growing but those who have it legalized are getting apathetic in a lot of things so soon enough we will have a drugged out don't give a bubblegum nation who is a definition of existentialism.

If the gun rights crowd could quit saying "it's for my defense" and start saying "because you fkrs I want to use it" in unison our wave would push further inland.

The leftists are right when they say "You don't need an AR-15 for self defense". Yup, they are. So we need to take a page out of the dopeheads playbook and say the real reason.. "we want to".

So weed looks to be legal in all three western CONUS states, plus Alaska now. I do not, nor have I ever partaken of the stuff, and no plan to start - but I think it should be legal and was glad to see Oregon legalize it over a year ago. Knowing police officers personally and being a LE explorer in my youth, I saw how much time police wound up wasting dealing with stupid low level drug crimes, and crimes related to drug use. While it's still illegal on the federal level, I don't think that will last long. I think it will be interesting to see how California's largest cash crop goes, and if it can buoy that state's faultering budget. Of course I'm a cynic, and I think they'd likely piss the money away they will get in tax revenue.

I think it's likely going to be sooner, rather than later before the feds decriminalize / legalize cannibis. If they're "smart" they will regulate it and tax it like tobacco, although I'm not for more federal taxes.

Burn outs will be burn outs, legal or not, but I am overall glad to see that the law is starting to loosen up on the drug war - the drug war has cost more lives, more money, and more time than our last three wars combined. We need to re-evalute things - keep the hard drugs controlled / illegal (but perhaps even make the natural ones legal, if highly regulated and taxed) - and refocus our law enforcement resources on other, more important issues. Especially if we can get the immigration problem under control, because the immigration problem aids and masks a lot of the illicit drug smuggling - stop the illegals swarming across the border and you stop a lot of the drug flow.

If only we can get our citizens and state governments to adopt more libertarian stances on gun laws.[/
QUOTE]
:s0140::s0140::s0140:
Stop drug traffic?
It will never happen. Too too much money involved on both sides
Not to mention all the LEO jobs. And the money made there from the slight turn of a head.
Pot is grown everywhere so it probably isn't as big of a money maker as some of the hard drugs are.
But the trade will never be stopped.
Remember the only way to stop it is to get rid of the customer base. And good luck with that

I noticed every local ballot measure to tax pot sales passed by large margins. So much for no sales tax in Oregon. :rolleyes: But this mirrors alcohol prohibition. One of the most important reasons that finally ended was that states were salivating to get a new revenue stream. Fortunately you can grow pot in your back yard...

those who have it legalized are getting apathetic in a lot of things so soon enough we will have a drugged out don't give a bubblegum nation who is a definition of existentialism.

I smoked pot like crazy in the Marine Corps. After I got out I went to U of O and tapered off on my smoking while getting a bachelors degree in Physics. I spent my working life as a computer hardware engineer. I wouldn't worry too much about drugged out zombies. :) Pot is much less destructive than alcohol.

One of the hardest working men I knew smoked more pot than anyone else I knew.

I haven't smoked for decades, but may take it up again as old age takes a toll on me.

The real reason to stop the asinine war on drugs is because it's nobody else's business whether people smoke or not, nobody's business what people do with their life and their bodies. Exactly the same as gun ownership. There are too many people in jail for no good reason.

So we need to take a page out of the dopeheads playbook and say the real reason.. "we want to".

Exactly. Along with "Nobody's going to stop me."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads