JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest enemy I can see for 2A supporters and gun owners in general is ourselves (as a whole). We, as gun owners, generally just want to be left alone. We don't (generally) stick our noses into other peoples' business. We like our privacy, and the freedom to go out into the woods and have a fun day putting holes in targets. We (as a whole) don't want to engage in "activism" for fear of being labeled as a terrorist or something. In another thread I read that there are only about 5 million NRA members, whereas there are about 300 million guns in private hands in the U.S. I doubt that on average gun owners possess approximately 60 guns each, so there are a LOT of gun owners who are not NRA members. I am not saying that all gun owners should join the NRA (although I am a member and I think it is a good way to show support to our cause) but I will say that I think that most gun owners (as a whole) are not very active in supporting gun rights. In that other thread it was also stated that if the NRA had 10, 20, or even 50 million members, gun control would most likely be a dead issue. If it is an external enemy we are looking for, then yes I think it is the vehement anti-2A'ers out there, but I firmly believe that we as responsible gun owners are our own worst enemy, and until there is an outflowing of support from the grass-roots population like ourselves, we will be in for more legislation that seeks to destroy our Constitutional rights.

Also harmful are the extremists like the Bundy's, who the media then use to marginalize all gun owners.

All gun owners need to disavow this crazy sovereign citizen movement. It is making gun owners look like fanatics in the eyes of the media and the government. No good will come of this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM5x7bNEfIx57eMcE4oDQtFqJcdi1gW6IY7ViGq7oGznDB3_8fvQ.jpg

IMO, the greatest enemy of gun owners is the human need to hate. People are taught you can't hate someone because of their skin, their gender, bedroom preferences, tendency to commit crimes, the list gets larger every day.

Nothing wrong with that, but it leaves a huge hole because people need someone to blame problems on. It is in our makeup. And guess what, you're it!

Can you imagine if the things being done to gun owners these days were done to say, a particular ethnic group? Background checks, documentation, fingerprinting, waiting periods ... There would be riots in the streets.

This is why hate crime legislation has to be carefully crafted to only protect only certain types of people. A hate crime law that included everyone would put both Obama and Hillary in jail.

IMO, the greatest enemy of gun owners is the human need to hate. People are taught you can't hate someone because of their skin, their gender, bedroom preferences, tendency to commit crimes, the list gets larger every day.

Nothing wrong with that, but it leaves a huge hole because people need someone to blame problems on. It is in our makeup. And guess what, you're it!

Can you imagine if the things being done to gun owners these days were done to say, a particular ethnic group? Background checks, documentation, fingerprinting, waiting periods ... There would be riots in the streets.

This is why hate crime legislation has to be carefully crafted to only protect only certain types of people. A hate crime law that included everyone would put both Obama and Hillary in jail.
Try doing that to the GLBT crew... Can't even refuse to bake 'em a cake without being forced out of business....

But this is our fault as gun owners, as a whole, we submit, rather than being vocal and protesting and causing traffic jams.... And what not else, until we get the results we want...

One day, they'll cross the line and will have to deal with the fallout....

Last Edited:
I understand that the overall ownership of large media outlets are very few. Maybe with the exception of R. Murdoch all the rest are unchanging liebrals. Wonder how they will slant "their" daily soap operas that now pass as factual "news". Yep I am old and grumpy when it comes to the lame stream media.

Here is what can be done; stop consuming media.

It's that simple. Get rid of your TV. Stop listening to the radio. Cancel the news paper and magazines.

If we did this en mass "media" would change or go away. Sadly we are far too programed to ever opt out of pop media en mass.

Mark is right, except for the last point. In fact the mainstream media is near failure due to competition with the Internet. For example newspaper circulation figures are WAY down. Several famous media outlets have been sold for almost nothing. The gatekeepers no longer have control of information, due to technology.

I think that most gun owners (as a whole) are not very active in supporting gun rights.

Depends on what you mean by the word "support". If you mean lobbying legislatures, then yeah. But I don't think that is the only way, nor even the best way. The legislatures have a natural inclination to disarm the peons, so it's a good thing we don't have to depend on them and their "good" will. :rolleyes:

We just have to interact with other people like decent human beings, tolerant of them and their differences. That enables them to be tolerant of us. And never apologize or accept the ruling class depiction of us. Never give the impression we are willing to be pushed around. Calm but firm, that's the correct path.

We have the truth on our side. That is of some help. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top