JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I bought my poor richard's gun safe/ locker the seller called me like a dozen times on my 125 mile drive to pick it up. Really cagey, so he met me at a gas station, then I had to follow him to his house.....was cool once we got there but sheesh. I even pained him an extra ten bucks to hold it so I could drive down on my day off.

Brutus out

The ad reminds me of my experiance buying a 1958 Hilman Minx !!!!

Well, really. Someone ~had~ to buy it, and I needed a car! So, with that, her was my favoritte,of many lines spoken, in ~The Honest Truth, I tell you~ (Followed by a Peetueyah, spit out the plug of tobacci...

"... Did you know, the Hillman Minx, was the First Car to drive from Cairo, to Capetown, South Africa"???? (Me) "Nope..." Well it was... Peetueyah ...

And I bought it, a manual 4speed on the Collumn, but in REVERSE ORDER, 1=4, 2=3, 3=2, 4=1, because, don't you know, the Brits drive on the Right Side of the car, and that shifting would be 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4

OK, so I am ambidexterous, and handled that with No, Zero, not a problem, "thank you forthis wonderful car" .... Peetueyah, "yep, Cario to Capetown, South Africa...."

Strange sort of Dude, but many of my friends would turn sideways a bit, and mutter about pots & Kettles and the color Black, me saying that :D.

Fast Forward, Six Months: "Yep, he told me the Hillman was the First Car, to go from Cairo to Capetown, South Africa .... But He Did Not tell me It Was THIS Hillman Minx..."!!!

Funny thing, I miss that car.... Did I mention the Hillman Minx was the First Car to.....

philip
In the BoonDocks, I Don't want to drive to CapeTown South Africa... No Sir!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top