JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:rolleyes:

I-591 backers to press charges in apparent campaign yard sign theft

A former Bellevue city councilwoman who supports gun control Initiative 594, and donated to the campaign, could face a misdemeanor charge for removing at least one and possibly two yard signs promoting rival Initiative 591, after two gun rights organizations decided to press charges, Examiner confirmed today.

<broken link removed>

This is priceless. A woman who wants others to obey unconstitutional and invasive laws by force of armed cops, breaks the law and violates another citizen's 1st Amendment rights o_O

just dropped this "tip" to every local news channel. former councilwoman caught stealing campaign signs.

bet they never follow up, but you never know.

others might want to do the same for their local news stations.

This person didn't get the memo that they need to take care of the 2nd amendment first and then they can come after the others : P

The leftist scumbags did the same with the Monica W. signs here.
They just have cheating by any means ingrained in their DNA.
It is the only way they can win their sick agendas.
Thieves and tyrants and mental defect Marxists, the whole lot.

The leftist scumbags did the same with the Monica W. signs here.
They just have cheating by any means ingrained in their DNA.
It is the only way they can win their sick agendas.
Thieves and tyrants and mental defect Marxists, the whole lot.

This intrigues me Taku. Please elaborate.

This intrigues me Taku. Please elaborate.

Someone has been cutting up and slicing her signs .
We drove by a couple up off Twilliger that had been damaged, and another over near wilsonville. Didn't see any other candidates signs. damaged, or didnt notice them.

Republican or right side political ads are always the one's that get vandalized in this area. Its saturated with leftists around Portland. They have little to no integrity when it comes to doing things like that. But they scream like neutered banshees if anyone should look sideways at their political offal.

I have seen several instances of 591 signs having been pulled out in Tacoma and U-place, yet pro-594 signs are still standing. I get out and place the 591's back upright.

Something funny is going on here, but I'm not laughing. Too many instances to be a "coincidence".

On Oct. 13, a man called Bellevue police saying she watched a woman stealing a campaign sign. He provided the license plate for her car and Blacker's description.
Bellevue police contacted the Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and Protect Our Gun Rights the day of the theft report. A representative said they would like to pursue charges for the stolen sign, which is valued at $4-$5. Blacker later told police she had taken two signs.
"It's one thing for an average citizen to do this, but someone who has served in municipal government to be involved in this – you have to sit back and scratch your head and wonder what's going on here," said Dave Workman, a gun rights supporter involved with the campaign.
Police tracked Blacker through the license plate, and when contacted, Blacker admitted taking the sign, according to a police report.
"Margot stated that she recently had about 15 of her pro I-594 signs stolen and was certain that Bellevue pro I-591-associated personnel stolen them," a Bellevue officer wrote in the report. Blacker said she planned to steal 15 signs and return them to the pro-gun rights group, the report said.
She told police she hadn't contacted the group about her plan. Asked how she knew the pro-gun rights group had stolen the pro I-591 signs, Blacker said, "She knew nobody else could have done it" but didn't elaborate on the alleged theft, according to the report.
Supporters of Initiative 591 said it would protect against gun confiscation without due process, would keep government from collecting personal data and "protects background check uniformity and prevents unwarranted intrusion by the state into temporary firearm loans to friends or in-laws." Pro I-591 supporters also said the initiative would stop the state from creating a universal gun registry that could enable future confiscation.
Many opponents of I-591 have supported Initiative 594 which would require background checks for every gun purchased in Washington, whether at a gun show, online or through a private party. That's stricter than the national standard.
In April, a poll showed Washington voters support both 591 and 594 – and if both pass, they could create a confusing situation in Washington.
The Washington Attorney General's Office told Seattle's KIRO-TV that if both pass, a court might give effect to the measure that receives more "yes" votes than the other one.
A Bellevue officer met with Blacker at her home, and she returned two pro-I-591 signs she said she'd taken, police said. The officer returned the signs to the pro-gun rights group, where a representative said he was interested in pursuing charges.
Bellevue police closed the case and forwarded it to the City Attorney's Office on Oct. 17.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top