JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I am still catching up - 2014 season is on PBS - OPB

Season 1
The Great British Baking Show: Season 1 Episodes | PBS Food
British-Baking-Show-Schedule-Feat-602x338.png

I did see Season 2 earlier this year.
British-Baking-Show-Bakers-Season-2-Feat-602x338.png

Is 2017 Season 3 or 4 ?

Oh, shooting. There I was thinking British and Great = Baking.

;)

for those of you who didn't get there...lots of videos on YT, but Callum's is one of the better ones...

Ask any question, but with the usual proviso - flames and flamers will be ignored.

tac
Neat, but his camera at the beginning just about gave me a seizure. :confused:
Always fun to look at new and different guns. Jealous of the suppressors. Some very cool bolt guns. Shame about the semi-auto situation there. Lots of ARs apparently - do they all have the gas block disabled?

Neat, but his camera at the beginning just about gave me a seizure. :confused:
Always fun to look at new and different guns. Jealous of the suppressors. Some very cool bolt guns. Shame about the semi-auto situation there. Lots of ARs apparently - do they all have the gas block disabled?

Well, suppressors/moderators are a must in certain parts of this tiny island, particularly since so many of us shoot at night all year round. With only one real predator, the fox, to deal with, it can get like the Alamo some nights around here. A bunch of do-gooders let out about a hundred mink some years ago, saying they were being exploited. The BASC reckons that so far they've accounted for about half a million pheasant poults between them and their inevitable offspring, although we don't hear much about them these days with other things on our minds.

As for bolt-guns, there are about thirty VERY high-class target and tactical/practical builders here, all doing very well, thanks.

What you see as ARs are probably either the .22LR versions from Lantec, Spikes, Walther/Umarax/Smith & Wesson, or any of the straight-pulls - Southern Gun Company, Lantec [again], Bradley Arms and so on. SAs were banned after 1988 in the knee-jerker response to the Hungerford Massacre.

No UK-made centre-fire SA look-alikes is made by blocking the gas bits- they are ALL made using parts that resemble the real deal, but are totally solid. Even the lowers are different - they can not be altered to make them fire as a semi-auto. These custom made in UK lowers are peculiar to each manufacturer. Hence the somewhat energetic pricing of some of them. A LMT look-alike, for instance, in .308Win, cost almost $5000 without any necessary bits like bipod, glass etc. The latest 'bolt-release' AR-style gun from Southern Armoury costs almost $8000 - and he's sold out until late this year. If you take a second or so to what me shoot one on YouTube tac's guns - you'll get the idea' although this one is in 9mmP - the .223 version is much the same...

Shooting over here is not exactly a poor persons fun, but with a lot of other things to occupy us that are a whole lot less fun, 1.6 million of us shoot rifles guns and permitted handguns, and almost 6 million shoot shotguns, including practical-style stuff. The .50cal Shooters Association UK is the second largest in the world after the USA and Canada.

tac

If you take a second or so to what me shoot one on YouTube tac's guns - you'll get the idea' although this one is in 9mmP - the .223 version is much the same...

In the video, the guy dropping the bolt on an empty mag two or three time made me cringe.

Thanks for posting Tac.

In the video, the guy dropping the bolt on an empty mag two or three time made me cringe.

Thanks for posting Tac.

Which video are we talking about? No bolt is being dropped on an empty mag in the first video - the system works by -

1. Holding the bolt back on the lever-operated sear - the thumb lever that you see being operated.

2. Operating the thumb bolt release allows the bolt to travel forward into battery, having picked up a round and chambered it.

3. Squeezing the trigger releases the firing pin in the bolt and fires the round, and the bolt is driven to the rear and held on the lever-operated sear...and it all happens again.....

That's ALL the centre-fire carbines and rifles allowed here in yUK.

tac

I' wasn't referring to your shooting that 9mm Tac. It was the guy at the show dropping the bolt, I'm presuming, on the empty chamber. Just me maybe, but I don't drop the slide on my 1911 without ammo in the mag, nor do I hit the bolt release on my ar without a loaded mag in place.

You guys can't have semi autos so you get pretty darned quick at hitting that bolt release! :D

I' wasn't referring to your shooting that 9mm Tac. It was the guy at the show dropping the bolt, I'm presuming, on the empty chamber. Just me maybe, but I don't drop the slide on my 1911 without ammo in the mag, nor do I hit the bolt release on my ar without a loaded mag in place.

You guys can't have semi autos so you get pretty darned quick at hitting that bolt release! :D

Ah, right. I have to agree with you there about drop-bolting. And yes, we CAN have semi-auto pistols on mainland, just in .22LR. Over in Northern Ireland there are no such restrictions. ALL of UK is limited to .22LR with regard to long-arm semi-autos, though... :(

tac

Well, suppressors/moderators are a must in certain parts of this tiny island, particularly since so many of us shoot at night all year round. With only one real predator, the fox, to deal with, it can get like the Alamo some nights around here. A bunch of do-gooders let out about a hundred mink some years ago, saying they were being exploited. The BASC reckons that so far they've accounted for about half a million pheasant poults between them and their inevitable offspring, although we don't hear much about them these days with other things on our minds.

As for bolt-guns, there are about thirty VERY high-class target and tactical/practical builders here, all doing very well, thanks.

What you see as ARs are probably either the .22LR versions from Lantec, Spikes, Walther/Umarax/Smith & Wesson, or any of the straight-pulls - Southern Gun Company, Lantec [again], Bradley Arms and so on. SAs were banned after 1988 in the knee-jerker response to the Hungerford Massacre.

No UK-made centre-fire SA look-alikes is made by blocking the gas bits- they are ALL made using parts that resemble the real deal, but are totally solid. Even the lowers are different - they can not be altered to make them fire as a semi-auto. These custom made in UK lowers are peculiar to each manufacturer. Hence the somewhat energetic pricing of some of them. A LMT look-alike, for instance, in .308Win, cost almost $5000 without any necessary bits like bipod, glass etc. The latest 'bolt-release' AR-style gun from Southern Armoury costs almost $8000 - and he's sold out until late this year. If you take a second or so to what me shoot one on YouTube tac's guns - you'll get the idea' although this one is in 9mmP - the .223 version is much the same...

Shooting over here is not exactly a poor persons fun, but with a lot of other things to occupy us that are a whole lot less fun, 1.6 million of us shoot rifles guns and permitted handguns, and almost 6 million shoot shotguns, including practical-style stuff. The .50cal Shooters Association UK is the second largest in the world after the USA and Canada.

tac

$5000?!!! I'm going to go hug my AR10. I've been taking it for granted.

I drop bolts on empty chambers on all of my ARs and most of my pistols. I don't know anyone who doesn't. I have never seen any harm to any gun from this practice. I've seen warnings for some specific 1911's but I'm not aware of it as a general rule.

It's just a preference thing. I also don't shut off power equipment, mower, outboard, chainsaw, etc, until I've run at idle for a few seconds. I may have gained extra use out of things, maybe not? :)

It's just a preference thing. I also don't shut off power equipment, mower, outboard, chainsaw, etc, until I've run at idle for a few seconds. I may have gained extra use out of things, maybe not? :)

I do that, too. But not having a mower, power equipment, outboard, chainsaw etc, I make do with letting my old Porsche idle for half a minute or so. Does that count?

tac

I do that, too. But not having a mower, power equipment, outboard, chainsaw etc, I make do with letting my old Porsche idle for half a minute or so. Does that count?

tac

2200 RPM? Nah, that's darn near idle right there isn't it?

Video....I don't think I could EVER learn to drive in the UK! Or anywhere else that drives on the wrong side of the road! :s0084: I always wanted to use that emoticon! Thanks for being here Tac. :D

2200rpm = 56mph. It can go faster, honestly.

Oh I have no doubt. It's just that 2200 is barely breathing, you don't need to let it idle after that. If that's a carbureted motor I'd think 2200 all day long and you get carbon build-up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top