Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The future of Firearms

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by mrblond, Dec 5, 2014.

1. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I just watched Ken Burns Prohibition .
    I see so many similarities between that and gun control. They used the same reasons for getting rid of booze to the getting rid of firearms.

We need to stop Nanny Bloomberg at Washington. Period. If they feel they can move into other states. this will be our doom as it will move National.
    In 2 years. if a Republican or a Libertarian does not win the White House, we may lose the 2nd as the left will have the chance to put a number of leftists into the Supreme Court.

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes, but look what happened when they pushed it too far - prohibition proved ineffective and was ultimately repealed. The reason, I think, in part was faulty 'logic' on the part of the prohibitionists. They proved nothing more than that they couldn't control something the people wanted. Well, same as today, a lot of people want their guns. They might be able to restrict for now, but I'm not convinced it will last. We can only hope, educate and continue to fight.

3. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

But can the left see this? We know whats going to happen but they are so blinded by their.....crusade.."

etrain16 likes this.
  4. etrain16

I seriously doubt they can see the connection. In fact, I'm guessing they really don't have a clue about the long term effects their poorly thought out and poorly planned panic legislation will have. Just looking at the Mack truck sized loopholes and problems with I-594 show they are so ill-informed about actual gun issues, that they will likely ultimately fall due to their own ignorance. I will be looking forward to that day.

5. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Do not sit around wistfully hoping. Donate money to 2A advocacy groups and write your state representatives and sherif!

bnsaibum and mrblond like this.
  6. etrain16

Oh, I do all of that already, but hope needs to go along with it or we give up too easily. We can't convince ourselves that we're already defeated, if we do, then they've already won.

Loptr likes this.
  7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

It is my understanding it's all about control and revenue with the anti gun side. Just like booze they will send out revenue collectors for you to have a gun. Look at NFA items, they can do an instant check yet NFA takes 9 months and a $200+ fee to own a full auto or a supresor. They use the fear of those items to collect taxes.

If the left stays in control you will keep your guns if they can make your life miserable to purchase,own or shoot it. However there is going to be a tax that prohibits those with less income from buying a gun. That was the idea of a $200 dollar tax on full auto, only good people have money. Class warfare at its best.o_O

IronMonster and bnsaibum like this.
  8. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

That $200 in 1934 would be roughly equivalent to $3500 today. Not only is it class warfare it is an insanely restrictive 2A version of a poll tax. I have seen Bliss Ninnies say that firearms and ammunition need to be taxed so that they are unaffordable, but I keep waiting for the first one to propose that the $200 be increased.

9. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

They make millions in tax dollars on NFA sales so I don't think they will raise the prices. Raise the prices and there are fewer buyers to tax. Their power comes in making you wait. Imagine how foolish it looks that a person can go buy a gun in an instant but takes months to buy a tool to make it quiet. If SAIF got involved the NFA would be fined for safety violations of damaged hearing.

Life under the left, living with fools.o_O

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You expected something different from a group that produces NOTHING of value, no clue about having a real job, live in fantasy "latte land", or got what they have because they're trust fund babies, or got it by hook and by crook? :rolleyes:o_O

fuhr52 and etrain16 like this.
  11. etrain16

Oh no, I'm always cautious to never expect too much, really anything, from them :p

12. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

The future of firearms and LIBERTY are as inseparably linked as breath and life

13. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Let's hope Ruth Bader Ginsburg (82) keeps her health long enough to see the Dems out of the White House!:s0155:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/ruth-bader-ginsburg-113357.html
    Then let's hope her age catches up with her!:s0154: