Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Future at Kahr... Pretty Nice

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Kahr recently come out with the CW line for a value gun, then cut that slightly with a CT line, but they still had their Premium or 'P' line. Now it appears that they are enhancing the P line with a yet to be released 'P2' line. Here is the introduction from their website

bolus likes this.
  2. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

I've had four Kahrs. A PM40, CM9, CM45, and a CW380. I still have the last two and have nothing but great things to say about them. It'll be interesting to see how these will work out. Kahr for sure will advertise them like crazy. The price point will have a lot to do with it, I think.

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I kept hoping they would say "New Double Stack Design".
    The single stack is nice to have for a concealed carry gun, but not so nice for much else.

4. StrangeBird1911

StrangeBird1911 Portland New Member

I've got a CW9, which is indeed a nice size, and very reliable once I started following their instructions.

When loading, you cannot insert a magazine and then rack the slide. Before inserting the magazine, you have pull the slide back, engage the slide catch, load the mag, then release the slide. Not hard, but different from what I'm used to.

Also, it has a very long trigger pull, like from Portland to Wilsonville. I'm never quite sure when it will fire. Much prefer my Glock's trigger.

Back to the plus side, it's reliable, comfortable and inexpensive.

5. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

6. Landcruiser

Landcruiser Gresham Active Member

I have a cm9 that I love for it's size and trigger, that said, it has always been a compromize because neither Glock or HK has a similar size gun (read single stack pocket pistol). The P2, although cool looking, looses if it doesn't have 17 rounds and a magazine that drops free of the gun no matter how you hold it.... And a USP Expert still looks cooler...

7. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I still own a P380, but I've gotten rid of my other Kahrs (PM9, CM9, PM45, CW45) for one simple reason: the trigger. I suppose I can handle not having a shorter reset like most of the other polymer wonder guns. But I always had the sensation that I had to pull the trigger all the way into my palm before it would fire. When friends and family fired my PM9 or my CM9, all too often they would pull...and pull...and pull. Many would ask something like, "What's wrong with this?" Others would yank the pistol at the very end since the trigger would only break so far in toward the frame.

I can forgive the trigger on the P380 because of its AWESOME size!

8. Phred

Phred Gresham, OR. New Member

I agree with all of you. I have had one of the original all steel K9's for years. After over a thousand rounds, It has never missed a beat. I have replaced the guide rod with a stainless Kahr part, and Wolf springs with a one pound lighter recoil spring. Also it has had the feed ramp polished. I shot it just last week at Threat Dynamics, still fighting with the long trigger pull. I had one of the instructors fire a few rounds. (much better shot placement than me - no surprise ). He replied, nice gun, but way too long of a trigger pull, with no felt reset. Also there is no felt indication before the break. So, the question for all of us is: who can modify kahr's trigger pull, & reset? I still carry it daily, but I feel it is in the danger zone, firing only inside of seven yards, to be sure of a good follow up shot.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

What will the new add girl look like?
    Can't use the tinny,skinny Asian chick for this.

10. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

according to the blog I recently read the gen 2 P line should have 30% less trigger travel.
    That is in the Kahr webpage too, but there is a lot there