Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Forgotten Man

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by treemanx, Oct 3, 2010.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Check out this youtube video guys.....

YouTube - NWO and The Forgotten Man -Artist JonMcNaughton SethAdamSmith Makes Art not War - infopowerment

Against the background of a darkening sky, all of the past Presidents of the United States gather before the White House, as if to commemorate some great event. In the left hand corner of the painting sits a man. That man, with his head bowed appears distraught and hopeless as he contemplates his future. Some of the past Presidents try to console him while looking in the direction of the modern Presidents as if to say, "What have you done?" Many of these modern Presidents, seemingly oblivious to anything other than themselves, appear to be congratulating each other on their great accomplishments. In front of the man, paper trash is blowing in the wind. Crumpled dollar bills, legislative documents, and, like a whisper—the U.S. Constitution beneath the foot of Barack Obama.

2. riverrat373

riverrat373 Washington State Member

3. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

Hmmm, voted on by hitlary, kerry, polosi, reid, and many, many more dems? Yeah I know, it's all GWB's fault. PUKE!

4. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

I bought one of the paintings, now just need to frame it.

5. riverrat373

If I remember correctly, anytime, especially after 9/11, someone spoke out against any of those things, Cheney was on national television saying that those people were "Unpatriotic"!:D

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

McNaughton is a religious whackjob. The only half decent piece of 'art' he's ever done is the One Nation painting with Jeebus in it, and only then because some anonymous artist took it and reinterpreted it as the awesome One Nation Under Cthulhu picture.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

:paranoid:

7. treemanx

Regardless of personal opinion regarding the specific positioning of the Presidents, the painting shows a progression that is spot on IMO. Obama is the sitting Pres, thats why hes in the place he is i think. Hes also in a position to stop a lot of the unconstitutional things happening today, but sadly it seems as though hes only interested in creating more. I believe his painting is less about any individual Pres, and more about the entire picture.

8. treemanx

I don't know anything about the artist, I just found the video linked from another site and thought the picture was interesting. Obviously, the artists own belief set will come out in the painting, but I think there is truth in the overall idea of it. Just thought you guys might enjoy it, didn't post it to start a political or religious discussion...

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

This partisan bickering rife with half-truths is EXACTLY what the Powers That Be want from you: fingerpointing impotence.

Each side focusses only on the misdeeds of the other, willfully blind to the betrayal we suffer at the hands of our own candidates. Each of us. All of us.

Wise up! Do you really think that the Tea Party candidates (or anybody else who is electable) can or will make substantive changes to our "one dollar, one vote" system?

As Chomsky said, "If voting could actually change anything, it would be ILLEGAL."

10. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I leave better art in the toilet each morning before work. :paranoid:

11. treemanx

I hope it wasn't a self portrait!:paranoid:

12. MrNiceGuy

It was a Rockwellesque still life portrait.

I call it "dropping the kids off at the pool"

13. riverrat373

+1:thumbup:

14. riverrat373

Actually, I partly agree with what chemist said. That's why I support term limits for members of congress. I think that there are some politicians who go to Washington DC with good intentions, but it's too easy to become corrupted by the system if they stay too long.:thumbup:

chemist...You read or listen to Noam Chomsky? I'm proud of you!:)

15. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I liked it. Liked the video, the music and the painting.

16. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

ya i really think its a great painting that makes alot of sense as to what has been happening for a long time. its not just about the di*khead thats in charge now. even though he is a huge problem

17. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Incomplete. Many political "leaders" on the other side of the aisle did just as much or more "lying" about WMDs in Iraq.
    I used to have a link to two pages of quotes from various members of congress and the Clinton admin, including Bill himself, that said the same thing.
    But surprise surprise, the page is gone.
    You see, it was fashionable then, on the left and in the media, as a way of blaming BushI for not "completing the job" during/after Desert Storm.

18. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Good post Jamie6.5. And how many of those Senator's have been in office far too long.

Both parties are too corrupt - those that toe the party line have their heads in the sand.

We need to focus on voting out the long term incumbents. They have done their time and need to move up the political ladder or retire from politics.

19. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Throw ALL the bums out!!! I'll vote for any challenger D, R, I or otherwise - the incumbents are all part of the problem. They had a chance to honor their oaths, and they've all stomped on the constitution, now they got to go. Preferably to jail, but I'll settle for the unemployment line...

20. MrNiceGuy

Here you go:

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes