JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped in at Wholesale in Silverdale to see if they had a 10 22 picntiny rail to no avail.

So of course I went to the gun counter,were they did have a smoken hot nurse looking at handguns Oh got side tracked sorry.

Anyway.I am still looking for a nice non Glock 9mm. Picked up the Sig 229 and 226.Love them.
H&K USP compact fits great.H&K2000 not so great,well just too short.

Then Kim asked if he had showed me the FN FNP9 Not yet.

I love the feel of this gun.Grip felt nice with the backstrap they had in it and there are other with it.It points nice,got it situated in my hand easily.And it comes with the same stuff as the XDM but with 2 extra magazines.
All for $568 plus tax. Much better prices on Gunbroker

So what else is there to know? Good or bad please.
(even if it's about another model)

Thanks
Mike

I had seen the FNP9 was selling at a pretty big discount when the FNX9 first came out but I'm not sure what the deals are right now. I would have to pick the FNX though, for me anyway.

I'm not really getting a good idea of the main differences between the two,but I see now the low priced ones are California Specials with 3 10 rounders.

One You Tuber showed how his magazines wouldn't just click home,he had to actually push it forward a tiny bit.And slamming them home made the interchangeable back strap move down a little.

but all I see is a few little cosmetic changes with the decocker/safety and the mag release.

So why's the FNX better? And I'm asking as to be informed not to question your choices. Either one looks pretty good to me with both a few bucks apart.

And thanks for the info so far

I regret selling mine.

Ditto. I used to have the DE one it was awesome the first set of grips it came with didn't fit my hand so i put on the second set that it also came with and wala! great ergos.

And it was fun to shoot right outta the box with good accuracy.

JP

FNP's had problems with the Mag followers in the early days that caused lots of problems(mine was a 2007). They made me drive all the way to the UPS hub in St johns twice to get my gun shipped back and forth then they wouldn't tell me what they fixed after about six weeks of having my pistol. My gun works much better now most of the time but not well enough for personal protection. They have thier work done out of some independent shop so I couldn't even get a mag, Hat or T-shirt out of them for my trouble. I did a bunch of research on my own and figured out that the six week wait was usual because they were waiting on mag followers and springs. REALLY pisses me off because they could have just shipped that stuff direct to my house. With that said if Mecgar ever makes mags for the fnp I will by another if the price is right.

I am happy with my FNP Tactical 45. The original FNP's had some bugs to work out, they were a completely new line of pistols for them. The problems didn't seem to affect all pistols, just a few. My experience with their customer service was better. They shipped me a free mag release and spring when mine was worn on my 5-7. Bob Ailes used to be the guy to talk to in Customer Service, but I think FN has changed their service setup recently, merging it with Browning or something.

FN Forum is the best place to get advice on issues or differences in FNP, FNX etc.

I am quite happy with my FNP9, 1500 rounds or so and zero malfunctions. Accurate and easy to shoot, I like the decocker and DA for carry. However, mags are spendy and difficult to find, further research of postings on the FN Forum indicate lapsing FN customer service and concerns regarding future availability of parts. YMMV

I am quite happy with my FNP9, 1500 rounds or so and zero malfunctions. Accurate and easy to shoot, I like the decocker and DA for carry. However, mags are spendy and difficult to find, further research of postings on the FN Forum indicate lapsing FN customer service and concerns regarding future availability of parts. YMMV

Try here for mags, <broken link removed>

As far as mags go,for a CCW,I've decided that 3-4 are fine.I can still go buy a G17 and a bunch of mags for cheap later
And I have 6 for the G20 and a bunch for the ARs.The ARs will take up most time in battle situations.

I need to know more about the $425-450 FNPs.Were they the first batch and need some help? Or are they perfectly fine weapons?
OR_VARMINT_HUNTER? brad691?

Thanks for the help guys,I found one in Minn ah sotta on GB for $419 shipped.Should have it by next week some time.
It's one with 3-10 rnd mags and 2 16.
I'll pick up another 16 and the 10s will be for the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top