JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
weak mind = weak wrist = weak sight picture = weak defense

J/K....worth watching but it gave me the flinchies for over thinking it......shoot more than you talk and you'll be better than 90%

I do it some times I catch myself trying to go too fast and get the flinch or jerking the trigger .
And some time I try to go to fast and don't let the trigger reset..
I just go back to the truck reload a few mags.
Take a few deep breaths.
Think about it .
Then try and try again.
Like he said the more you shoot the better you will be.

More likely reinforce poor technique.
Not necessarily if you figure out what your doing wrong then start over and start slow and and progress .
Yep your right if I just keep doing the same thing over and over again .
But if you take the time to figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it you can teach yourself to be a better shooter.

Not necessarily if you figure out what your doing wrong then start over and start slow and and progress .
Yep your right if I just keep doing the same thing over and over again .
But if you take the time to figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it you can teach yourself to be a better shooter.

Is that not what I said? o_O

I would love to go take a shooting class every weekend .
And have someone else tell me what I'm doing wrong .
But that's not going to happen.
So it basically comes down to me and my friends I shoot with to figure it out .

Especially with a larger caliber I sometimes find myself bouncing the gun when shooting rapidly. Then like the folks above, I have to stop, think about what I'm doing and practice good form.

I don't flinch anymore except when I'm shooting a handgun. I can't wait for hand surgery to make me grip better.

Had somebody today at work walk up and try to spook me. didn't happen. I also don't flinch when the shooting starts at the range and it wasn't expected.

I don't flinch anymore except when I'm shooting a handgun. I can't wait for hand surgery to make me grip better.

Had somebody today at work walk up and try to spook me. didn't happen. I also don't flinch when the shooting starts at the range and it wasn't expected.
Lol I got a 45/70 that will make you flinch .lol
Maybe or maybe not . Hehehehe

Ball and dummy in a revolver seems to help, at least you can see how much you pull off your point of aim whilst flinching.

I usually just go shoot a few rounds of something abusive to settle my nerves. Short barrel 12ga or a Draco makes almost anything in 9mm seem like a bb gun.

Ball and dummy in a revolver seems to help, at least you can see how much you pull off your point of aim whilst flinching.

I usually just go shoot a few rounds of something abusive to settle my nerves. Short barrel 12ga or a Draco makes almost anything in 9mm seem like a bb gun.

Heh.... you should try "chili night" around my house... :D

Heh.... you should try "chili night" around my house... :D
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love muzzle blast and the smell of steel case surplus. I do flinch sometimes when I'm trying to aim small with a handgun, offhand. Probably more anticipation than actual recoil sensitivity.
Dumping a couple mags into the berm or trying to Schwarzenegger a PGO mossberg usually calms me down

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top