JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4th grade.
My brother's Mauser 1934 pistol (7,65). Hit a rabbit with it and cooked it over a campfire that night.
My brother let me keep it for years and during my adolescence I used it many times for rabbit and squirrel hunting wtih my collie, Ginny.
I returned it to my brother after I bought my first gun: Colt's Trooper MkIII (.357)

Other than the typical BBgun/Airgun experience, my first real gun wasn't until I was 15 I went to live with my Dad in Mississippi, he "issued" me a Connecticut Arms "I think" it was just a single shot crack in half type of shotgun 12 gauge...I sold it when I left home at 16...I think I will buy another one someday just for memories sake, it wasn't long after that I joined the USAF and little ones started coming and such...dang life is short you know.

My parents bought me a BB gun when I was in 5. When shot my first real gun I was 17, my parents, one of their friends (a big gun nut, probably on here) my gf and her parents went shooting in the hills of the 26.

The first gun I shot was a Ruger10/22 tricked out to look like a mini14 that jammed every other shot because of the cheap aftermarket magazines, followed by a Mossberg 500, a break open .410, a SKS, and finally a JC Higgins .22 rifle my father passed down to me, which I still use to this day for plinking.

My Dad taught me to shoot a Remington bolt action 22LR when I was 8 over in the Colombia basin.

He gave the gun away when he was 92 yrs old. He didn't think I would want an old 22 with all the guns in my safe. He was wrong, it took me a while, but I tracked it down and had to trade a new gun for it.

It has a place in my safe now, and even gets shot now and then. Won't be sold by me and will some day go to one of my kids or grandkids.

My Dad hunted jack rabbits with it in the thirty's and there are several pics of him doing that in an album with strings of rabbits and rattlers.

Gun still looks good and shoots pretty good too. :s0133:

May Dad's old Savage/Stevens .22 semi-auto when I was probably about 10. It would shoot shorts, longs, or long rifles and you could lock the bolt and use it almost like a single shot if you wanted to.

my dads savage 99 in 308, about kicked my a**. i would have been about 8 years old. shot lots of b-b guns, .22s, pelet guns and the like. aint nothing like a center fire.:s0155:

Last Edited:
A Remmington .22 in a friends garage, using an old car door as a backstop...one of the stupidest things I've done :eek:

I don't know, sounds like a alot of fun! Please tell me there was alchohol and/or some other severe form of redneckery involved! You've just given me an awesome idea. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to run to the liquor store and the junkyard. :D

BTW...I'm not even joking.

A 9-shot .22lr revolver of some sort. Dunno what it was because I didn't know anything about guns back then. Don't own it and don't have any particular desire to. I'm more of an auto guy.

I don't remember exactly when or what, but it was a .38 special some 55 or so years ago. From the north bank of the Columbia toward an island.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

The first firearm I ever shot was my Grandpa's Marlin 81DL. (bolt action, tube feed .22) I was about 6.
I can see it from where I'm sitting, cuz it's out of the safe and heading back to Dad's so he and the nephews can enjoy it for a while until I "steal" it back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top