JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow Tac great story and certainly top post.
Mine a lowly used Glenfield 70 that I was given for my 9th b-day. At the time I thought just getting it and my Dad giving it to me felt illicit.:s0131:

It's a Ruger Bearcat that I bought in the early 1960s; it also was my first purchase of a firearm. I still own it, still take it to the range from time to time, and still enjoy the heck out of it. It also has some Bearcat companions these days. If you are looking for that perfect pistol to teach a youngster with, the Bearcat gets my vote every time.

My first firearm next to a sling shot was my grandfathers, now mine, Marlin model 60 coast to coast (remember that store? ) with a tasco scope. My most valued possession. Still shots quite well and I don't believe gramps ever cleaned it :) old school belief about not cleaning a .22

First gun I shot was an M1 Garand in boot camp. Next one was the new M16 at our TAC base. That before the cartridge assist, and the charging handle was a pinch grip instead of the T grip.

i shot a single shot 4/10--still had that gun upto a couple yrs ago when all were stollen:( i remember my dad telling me the first time i went bird hunting --son- he say's heres a box of 12 shells--bring back 13 birds !
steven

My father had two revolvers. The first was a Colt Banker's Special in 38 S&W. The second was a top break Iver Johnson in 38 S&W long in nickel.

I shot one of these first. And the other one second. I must have been about 8 or 9 years old. Photos from the internet.

colt banker s special richard young-01.jpg

15022_1114_1_lg.jpg

I must have been seven years old when my Dad let me shoot a .22 bolt action rifle. Thinking I was a Big Dog I begged to shoot his .300 Win. Mag. So the cruel bastard let me :( I didn't touch it again for about 6 years.

That's the way I learned a lot of things from my Father, the hard way. I do thank him for making me tough. As for my kids they will have it a little easier and bleed a lot less :s0114:

Smith K-22, I was about 3 or 4 years old, I recall seeing a tin can with lots of holes in it and my perception was watching the bullet travel around in circles in and out of the can making all those holes. Looking back, I realize it was a Bee (yellow, like the brass .22lr round) zipping around the can that already had the holes in it :) Dad sold the K-22 a few years before he died.

great question.

Mine was either a 38 or a 22 derringer. My big brother was a policeman and I used to go to the range with him way way way back in the day (late 70s). I was about ten or so.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top