JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My father's Weatherby XXII 22lr with Weatherby 4x scope. He'd sit us in his lap at the Angeles Range in So Cal. and let us pull the trigger. I was 5 when he first took us out. He still owns it and I hope I get it one day!

The first gun I ever shot was my dad's little .25 caliber pistol. I was about 6 years old. We were using the wood pile as a back drop. I can remember being terrified that it would ricochet like my bb gun did. My dad convinced me it was safe, and I have been hooked since.

That little .25 fit my hand just about as well as my Glock does now.

I have not thought about that day in quite awhile. Good times!

1920's model 22 bolt.

Still have it. Father N' Law is holding on to it.

Can't remember the exact model... home made stock.. it's a beaut!

I can't remember which I shot first as my friends dad and all his brothers had about five guns. One was a 10/22, another was a lever action .22 and then his dad's new glock 22, and my friends little .380. That was the day I caught the gun fever and a week later had a GSG AK-47 in .22LR but I ended up selling it to buy an AR. I can't say I miss it terribly but I do miss getting 500 rounds for $15.00.

My dad's extremely illegal Colt .45 M1911 on a beach in the Republic of Ireland in 1952.

We shot up a handy garbage can lid with the ocean as a backstop.

He wrapped his hands around mine and I squoze off a few magazines of old WW2-era ammo - not so old then, of course.

I was six years old.

tac
Supporter of The Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

My dad's single shot bolt action Winchester .22. Still in daily service ruining the days of ground squirrels on his farm, but I definately hope to inherit someday. Man I've got a lot of good memories of that thing.

That would be dad's Model 12. Dad was working graveyard out in the areas and at the end of his shift that winters day he grabbed mom and I to do a little jump shooting on the Yakima River near the old WWII prison camp at Horn Rapids Dam.

We didn't see any ducks that day but dad let shoot that shotgun at a broken beer bottle lyng on an embankment near the rivers edge. I was ten. I remember he was shooting some Peters shells #4 shot on that trip. I let fly and liked it so much he let me shoot that pump a second time.

I haven't thought about that day for many a long year.

My dads Explorer AR-22 pistol (I think). It was an alloy frame .22 with the magazine in front of the trigger guard and a barrel that was detachable like the survival rifles that float if you put everything in the butt stock. I can almost feel the grips in my hands thinking back to the pop cans that were ripped to shreds that day. My brother pawned it after my dad passed.

Dad was never an enthusiast when I was little, but he had bought an S&W 527 on principle after one of Californias's handgun ban scares when I was about 12 I think. I think we shot a hundred of those primer-only plastic cartridges with the reusable rubber bullets in the garage that night, and we were at the range the next day. Hooked. He still has the gun.

Back in the mid 60's, we had a little shooting gallery here in Seaside, and it had Browning .22 Autos, shooting a gallery load. Starting when I was about 6, my Grandma would take me there whenever I would stay with her. They had little step stools for us smaller kids. Then when I was 9 we moved to Alaska, and I started shooting my Dad's H&R .22 pistol. By the time I was 11, I had my own first rifle, a 7.65 Argentine Mauser.

Colt Fontier Scout .22lr and a Winchester Mdl 69a. bolt action. Still have bolth of them. First big game rifle was a Mdl 54 JC Higgins 270win. Mauser style rifle, still have that one two.

It was like a drug for me ever since. I can not remember a time in my life I have not been "Into" firearms. Yep good times.....good times.....:s0155:

ElkFish.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads