JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just an interesting topic, we all prepare and collect items for an inevitable need, but...

__________ "What's the plan, Jack?"

Any of you got your 6, 12, 24, etc hour plans ready to go, for when something goes down?
Morning layouts, middle of the day contingencies, 3am set-ups?

In instances of earthquakes or blackouts, or that thing that happened a few years ago in September, first-responders are usually the quickest to react, but the general public has a 1, 2, 3 hour "lull" usually filled with lots of "What's going on?" "Well this sucks" etc... then comes the headless chickens and hysteria and anger and looting and basic "everyone get in your cars and make the roads unusable!"

...Your plan get you out before that happens?

Earthquake = making sure family and neighbors are alright and then roasting marshmellows over the fires.

Blackout = baby making

Terrorist attack = would depend on what kind of attack so hard to say.

-d

Bottle of Single Barrel Jack and a nice Cuban cigar. I have everything I need. Plus not many people live by me so I am lucky. Got wood, stove, generator, food, water. It's all good in the woods.

If it happens while we are home, we stay. We all work /school within walking distance from home. 3 miles being the farthest away. In the current economy, we stay pretty close to home. Next good sized city is about 13 miles (Costco run) so if we're anywhere else, it's likely there.

Practice family drills and plan about 3 times a year including meeting places and out of state contacts. If we're home, we'll just sit tight and wait for our CERT activation if needed.

Some uh, interesting answers, so far...

In my case, for any natural disaster of the "annoying" class, earthquake, "nearby tsunami", etc.:
I'd want to be home within 1 hour if i'm in town or at work, have fresh water, candles, a propane cooker and battery/generator backups set up within 6 hours.
In the "cataclysmic" class, volcano, "direct tsunami", etc.
Depending on damage, i'd wait it out or decide to move to my secondary location within an hour, similar setup.
more man-made situations or problems are case by case, but most will involve moving my valuables and equipment to my secondary location within 6 hours, setting up and securing within 12 hours, and being more or less "ready for anything" within 24 hours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top