JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yOu'Re tReAdiNg oN mE
Q _wink.jpg

As do I. Unfortunately that would fly over like a lead balloon.

Now we're getting somewhere. Now why on earth would some folks oppose basic safety training that would undoubtedly save many lives? Maybe because it's not about safety. Instead it's about putting up roadblocks to gun ownership and dare I say "infringement" of a constitutionally protected right.

So yeah, I oppose mandated training.

Now we're getting somewhere. Now why on earth would some folks oppose basic safety training that would undoubtedly save many lives? Maybe because it's not about safety. Instead it's about putting up roadblocks to gun ownership and dare I say "infringement" of a constitutionally protected right.

So yeah, I oppose mandated training.
I don't view mandatory training as a road block, more of border crossing. If you're unfit to cross, you don't get a sweet slice of the pie. At minimum the sweet slice of C.C. pie. These N.D.'s are too da*n high!

Sorry, I was busy sorting through my loose leaf tea collection and silently weeping in my safe space. Good thing I have a fidget spinner and therapeutic essential oil diffuser in my reflection study! Now where are my custom flannels and beard oil...
Now, don't be dissin' beard oil...

Ok, so what do we do about the LEO who shot himself in a classroom while giving firearm instruction?

Or the FBI agent who lost his gun (and shot a guy) while dancing like a fool ?

I am quite sure both of them had 'mandatory safety training' and it wasn't too effective for them.
When the urge to dance strikes you must oblige. Even if it's the Buffalo Bill dance. Accidents will always happen, complacency will continue to occur. We are fallible but we can at least try to improve and improve each other.

I'm an avid shooter and have been since I was a kid. I'm also a big fan of women having a choice over what they do to their bodies and not having one religion forced down my throat as the "correct one." I continue to care for others even after they're born and care for the environment and its preservation. I also feel that prior to purchasing a firearm, a person must go through mandatory in-person training and mental evaluation. Having any old fool legally able to shove an unholstered striker pistol into his pants is asking for trouble... and they might not know any better.. So, I vote based on a multitude of things and not just my hobby. It's not something I enjoy doing, but the right is trying to strip away freedoms too. Perhaps I'm odd for being a centrist but extremist behaviors on both sides are just dividing our country even more. It's too bad that so many aren't willing to hear out those who differ in opinion, but I happen to have close friends on both sides.
You are delusional if you consider yourself a centrist. You are no ally of free men.

It's mainly my hobby, but also a form of personal protection and my right to bear. If everybody was sane and smart I wouldn't feel the way I do. Sadly, there are dummies around every corner, extremists on both sides, and mental health issues aplenty. The gooberment wants you to wear a seatbelt because too many are too stupid to buckle up. Once stupid reaches a certain level, somebody has to step in and guide the children.
Where did you get your training before you got into firearms?

I vote for training for everyone too. Lets ALL, every man and woman, them and they, make firearm safety a part of every school in the U.S.. Starting young, like no later than third grade. Any one that is pro gun safety suggesting anything different would make them completely disingenuous.

Where did you get your training before you got into firearms?

I vote for training for everyone too. Lets ALL, every man and woman, them and they, make firearm safety a part of every school in the U.S.. Starting young, like no later than third grade. Any one that is pro gun safety suggesting anything different would make them completely disingenuous.
I fortunately had several militantly and stubbornly safe vets as instructors/hunting partners who served in Afghanistan, the Korean War, Vietnam, or WW2. I will say some were safer than others, but none of them put up with bullsh*t. Hunter's Safety was another great experience at a young age, as were Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited courses/presentations and the Scouts.

I fortunately had several militantly and stubbornly safe vets as instructors/hunting partners who served in Afghanistan, the Korean War, Vietnam, or WW2. I will say some were safer than others, but none of them put up with bullsh*t. Hunter's Safety was another great experience at a young age, as were Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited courses/presentations and the Scouts.

I gotta' say, I must be some incredibly special person. I figured out basic gun safety on my own!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top