JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, people of all races, religions, cultures, genders & sexualities want to defend themselves. I think with the lessening trust in the police and today's tensions... we're going to keep seeing this surge in first time gun buyers and advocacy.

People don't wanna be denied the right to feel secure.

Bentton_HERITAGE.jpg

Allies? Not in my book, made it this far...

Kane said he voted for Joe Biden in 2020 and is in favor of the President's plan to expand gun background checks, but he doesn't approve of banning AR-15s, which he said have less recoil than a shotgun and are safer to use for home defense.
"That's the only thing I don't support," Kane said of a so-called assault weapons ban. "I agree with the spirit of what [Democrats] are trying to do. I just think there needs to be a fact-based solution."

Nothing more needs to be said or known as far as I'm concerned.

If they can influence their congress critter's voting, that's not nothing, and maybe a small fraction of that 40 million will change who they vote for. But to expect a 100% about face by that many people is expecting a bit much.

I'll take every baby step.

Kane said he voted for Joe Biden in 2020 and is in favor of the President's plan to expand gun background checks, but he doesn't approve of banning AR-15s, which he said have less recoil than a shotgun and are safer to use for home defense.
"That's the only thing I don't support," Kane said of a so-called assault weapons ban. "I agree with the spirit of what [Democrats] are trying to do. I just think there needs to be a fact-based solution."

Any shift in 2A support from our more liberal brethren can only be a positive. I'd love nothing more than to see the 2A receive the same widespread bi-partisan support that the 1A receives. You can't expect those who have blindly followed the left's anti gun agenda to make a radical 180 turn on their entire belief system, solely based on one issue. It's a big step for the left, in the right direction, and one that I'll gladly welcome. Hopefully this trend will continue and gain more traction among the main stream. Not that long ago, both parties respected and saw value in private gun ownership; those days need to return.

Yup - as I said in other threads on "first time buyers"/etc., just because someone becomes a gun owner for the first time doesn't mean they are going to vote sanely.

Any shift in 2A support from our more liberal brethren can only be a positive. I'd love nothing more than to see the 2A receive the same widespread bi-partisan support that the 1A receives. You can't expect those who have blindly followed the left's anti gun agenda to make a radical 180 turn on their entire belief system, solely based on one issue. It's a big step for the left, in the right direction, and one that I'll gladly welcome. Hopefully this trend will continue and gain more traction among the main stream. Not that long ago, both parties respected and saw value in private gun ownership; those days need to return.
At the same time, you can't expect every gun owner to vote for Trump just because he said he would be good to them.

I'm (I'll use their term) offended by their lead:
"...have taken a more inclusive approach..."​
Most of us have not "taken" this approach, this is how we are. We value people by the content of their character (perhaps I'm not the first person to say this, recall it came from someone else who did a few good things}.

It seems to me that many people vote , think and act alike...and tend to stick together.
You can even see this on the our forum.

At best it is refreshing to read a post that is inline with what one is thinking on a given subject.
At worst...it can be seen as , has been stated by forum members :
As a "echo chamber" or "preaching to the choir".
Or even driving away those who may come around to a different viewpoint.

Now I am not saying all gun owners think alike...
Or that those gun owners mentioned in the OP are going to be ardent 2A supporters.
Nor am I saying that it is your job to teach , welcome , converse , be friends with or have anything to do with folks like those in the OP.

I am saying that something to consider here is that if a pro 2A gun owner does not :
Teach
Welcome
Converse
Be friends with
Or otherwise have anything to do with those people in the OP
Then then only source of information and viewpoint , about firearms , they will get is the same that they have always gotten.

Of course there are always those people , who "you just can't reach".
Don't waste time on them.

Andy

Last Edited:
I could, and hopefully am wrong about how I see the situation. From my perspective, all that happened is the anti-gun folks saw what was happening with all the uncivil unrest we've been plagued with, heard all the mutterings and questions about "civil war" and came to the obvious conclusion that those that they are ideologically opposed to had them woefully out gunned. So, even though they are, for whatever reason, opposed to firearm ownership, they correctly assessed their lack of armament as an insurmountable handicap if the political situation devolved into an actual armed conflict. Consequently, they started buying firearms and ammunition out of fear or perceived necessity. It does not, in my opinion, signal some type of radical shift in their position on firearm ownership, but instead represents nothing more than them "arming up" in the event it becomes necessary to be armed. Granted, some percentage of them may have undergone some sort of paradigm shift in their understanding of the second amendment, but I suspect the vast majority did not and will continue to vote for anti gun politicians just as before.

I could, and hopefully am wrong about how I see the situation. From my perspective, all that happened is the anti-gun folks saw what was happening with all the uncivil unrest we've been plagued with, heard all the mutterings and questions about "civil war" and came to the obvious conclusion that those that they are ideologically opposed to had them woefully out gunned. So, even though they are, for whatever reason, opposed to firearm ownership, they correctly assessed their lack of armament as an insurmountable handicap if the political situation devolved into an actual armed conflict. Consequently, they started buying firearms and ammunition out of fear or perceived necessity. It does not, in my opinion, signal some type of radical shift in their position on firearm ownership, but instead represents nothing more than them "arming up" in the event it becomes necessary to be armed. Granted, some percentage of them may have undergone some sort of paradigm shift in their understanding of the second amendment, but I suspect the vast majority did not and will continue to vote for anti gun politicians just as before.
For some, that may be the incentive. I think that most were probably on the fence (or close to it) and decided that, at least for the time being, it might be best to play it safe and acquire some guns for protection. As I and others have said, I don't think this necessarily signals a change in voting behavior for those people. Maybe for some.

OTOH, from polls, it appears it has changed their opinions on 2A rights, or at least on some of the issues.

I rarely offer opinion but here goes anyway. After living 69 years and watching while listening to the media its my opinion all media is manipulated propaganda. I got rid of cable and watch absolutely no TV programing. They call it programming for a reason :D

Folks can be happier turning their backs on the bs but they are addicted to it. People actually believe CNN speaks for them.:confused:

Have a great healthy day folks and enjoy the short life we all have.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top