JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once you take out suicides (which are going to happen at about the same rate no matter what) and gang violence (which could be fixed if we had the political will) we're right in line with the average European country. We don't need more gun laws. We need better people.
100%. Better people and the will to hold the less better ones accountable.

I'm (I'll use their term) offended by their lead:
"...have taken a more inclusive approach..."​
Most of us have not "taken" this approach, this is how we are. We value people by the content of their character (perhaps I'm not the first person to say this, recall it came from someone else who did a few good things}.
This is such an important distinction and an excellent point. It is the media, the punditry, the statist cabal embodied in the Obama/Harris/Biden sycophants whom perpetuate this falsehood that somehow those of us who embrace personal autonomy and human liberty are "non inclusive." Speaking only for myself -- but I think a fair reflection of how so many of us think -- I wish to embrace and defend the liberty of all of us. Your color, your religion, your sex preference, none of that matters. It is ONLY the CNN/MSNBC/Soros universe that continues to promulgate this highly divisive and destructive brand of identity politics.

I could, and hopefully am wrong about how I see the situation. From my perspective, all that happened is the anti-gun folks saw what was happening with all the uncivil unrest we've been plagued with, heard all the mutterings and questions about "civil war" and came to the obvious conclusion that those that they are ideologically opposed to had them woefully out gunned. So, even though they are, for whatever reason, opposed to firearm ownership, they correctly assessed their lack of armament as an insurmountable handicap if the political situation devolved into an actual armed conflict. Consequently, they started buying firearms and ammunition out of fear or perceived necessity. It does not, in my opinion, signal some type of radical shift in their position on firearm ownership, but instead represents nothing more than them "arming up" in the event it becomes necessary to be armed. Granted, some percentage of them may have undergone some sort of paradigm shift in their understanding of the second amendment, but I suspect the vast majority did not and will continue to vote for anti gun politicians just as before.
This^^^ QFT

Joe

This is such an important distinction and an excellent point. It is the media, the punditry, the statist cabal embodied in the Obama/Harris/Biden sycophants whom perpetuate this falsehood that somehow those of us who embrace personal autonomy and human liberty are "non inclusive." Speaking only for myself -- but I think a fair reflection of how so many of us think -- I wish to embrace and defend the liberty of all of us. Your color, your religion, your sex preference, none of that matters. It is ONLY the CNN/MSNBC/Soros universe that continues to promulgate this highly divisive and destructive brand of identity politics.
The stinkin filthy commies will NEVER get this.

Joe

The stinkin filthy commies will NEVER get this.

Joe
In my view some of them actually do get it. But acknowledging it contradicts their scheme to supplant individual liberty with the state. In order for their pogroms to succeed, they must create bogeymen (us) and claim to have the solution (Obama's 'fundamental transformation' et al). It's like Black Lies Matter claiming the racist police officers are the single greatest threat to "unarmed black men" while not batting an eye when 100 are killed in one month in one American city... by people who look just like them and aren't wearing badges.

From what I gather by talking with new clients in my area, most of the new gun owners have no plans on actually carrying their new gun. They seem to think merely owning a gun will see them through any tough times, even if it's locked up in a safe somewhere--I met a guy 2 weeks ago, he didn't even have any ammo for the S&W 38Sp that his gf bought for him & he called me out to open & repair his safe so he would have a place to lock up his new gun gift (i'm still not sure why, exactly)

This isn't such a bad thing. Some believe most people are too stupid to go right on out and start carrying a gun. Except for them of course. :rolleyes: A person should play with their gun a bunch before they actually put ammo in it, or go out and shoot it. Get familiar with it's feel. Contemplate the safety rules and practice them. You go to a gun safety training class you spend time in a classroom. Then handle some "blue guns". There's just no reason a person should be forced to take classes to own a gun if they're going to take the time beforehand to become familiar with their firearm.

The other thing I notice is not one of these folks ever get what I consider to be a 'useful' gun. I think a gun you can easily conceal will be more often carried & therefore more useful in keeping one safe
Everyone has to start somewhere. Anti or ambivalent people don't suddenly have an epiphany and turn into Mas Ayoob overnight. I didn't carry the first gun I bought. If I had needed it the day I brought it home it probably would have taken me a while to bring it to bear. My views and proficiency have changed over time, as will many of theirs. A year from now, some will be better educated and more proactive, and some will forget or abandon their position and their guns. But more of them will be pro-gun than were yesterday.

I had a lot to learn about EDC when I bought my pistol some years ago. I didn't even buy ammo for nearly a year until I felt like I was competent and confident and aware enough to carry safely.

I did not spend all that time voting against 2A freedoms, though, so there's that!

41MR9eqe.png

Everyone has to start somewhere. Anti or ambivalent people don't suddenly have an epiphany and turn into Mas Ayoob overnight. I didn't carry the first gun I bought. If I had needed it the day I brought it home it probably would have taken me a while to bring it to bear. My views and proficiency have changed over time, as will many of theirs. A year from now, some will be better educated and more proactive, and some will forget or abandon their position and their guns. But more of them will be pro-gun than were yesterday.
YAY! So very well put.

Oh? and who determines whether MY choices are good/bad, right/wrong?
Obviously the anointed class. Because they truly do believe you (we, great unwashed) are just too stupid to make these decisions for ourselves. St. Fauci, for example, admitted this is precisely why he lied about masks early last year. And now continues to lie suggesting vaxxed people should wear TWO BUBBLEGUMMING MASKS just, for yunno, extra extra super super duper safety. And I'll get kicked off Facebook if I cast doubt on his credibility -- which should be ZERO for anyone of even modest cognitive ability.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top