JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, so what do we do about the LEO who shot himself in a classroom while giving firearm instruction?

Or the FBI agent who lost his gun (and shot a guy) while dancing like a fool ?

I am quite sure both of them had 'mandatory safety training' and it wasn't too effective for them.
End qualified immunity & require all law enforcement to purchase their own liability insurance--when the insurance runs out or becomes too costly, retrain defective cops to do something else to make a living

Once you take out suicides (which are going to happen at about the same rate no matter what) and gang violence (which could be fixed if we had the political will) we're right in line with the average European country. We don't need more gun laws. We need better people.

End qualified immunity & require all law enforcement to purchase their own liability insurance--when the insurance runs out or becomes too costly, retrain defective cops to do something else to make a living
Dunno about that. I can see a lot of cops getting shot/killed with that approach. Damn near every one of them isn't going to shoot when they should cuz they're going to be second-guessing themselves if it's a good shoot or not. However, the thug they're up against isn't going to give it a second thought.
BANG! Cop dead...

For the ones that do manage to make it out alive, I s'pose we could retrain them to be oil pipeline workers solar panel installers...

Dunno about that. I can see a lot of cops getting shot/killed with that approach. Damn near every one of them isn't going to shoot when they should cuz they're going to be second-guessing themselves if it's a good shoot or not. However, the thug they're up against isn't going to give it a second thought.
BANG! Cop dead...
How wrong did you find this?

How about these?

Some folks just aren't cut out to be cops

How wrong did you find this?

Go ahead and cherry-pick, Bill. But it sure seems like a good shoot to me. Cop sees a guy threatening others with a firearm. Suspect refuses to desist when cop identifies himself and commands (multiple times) that the suspect lower the firearm. Suspect refuses to comply with lawful orders and continues to brandish/threaten the two (who turn out to be shoplifters). Suspect gets shot. Coulda seen that one comin'...

But, this cop will probably lose his job or be imprisoned after he goes to trial. I mean, he shot someone who was brandishing a firearm at a coupla shoplifters (shoplifting, as we have seen, is now legal in many locales). What was he thinking???

Last Edited:
You missed these innocent folks who were unarmed as well

Some people aren't cut out to be cops
We can do this all night. You know that, right?
If I thought it would change your mind, I'd do a search for good shoots, but I'll wager that Big Tech has already scrubbed all of those from the internet.

I agree with you that some people aren't cut out to be cops, just the same as some people aren't cut out to be rocket scientists.
But removing qualified immunity from ALL cops? I don't see that as the solution.
The solution would be to remove the people from policing that are not suited to be police. Seems logical to me...

Last Edited:
Back to the original topic, over the last year I have had many friends buy their first gun. About 80% are liberal as well. Teachers, Imigrants from Iran and Egypt, lgbtq, Jews, Japanese, and young (21-31) females. Many of them live in the city, and most of them keep it on the down low (aka no gun stickers in car window).

I think it is imperitive to show kindness towards these folks when we encounter them. Show safety, empathy, and heck, maybe let them fire a few of YOUR rounds in YOUR cool gun. When I was a kid more than a few old timers just let me have a go on their guns. Made a big impression on me.

Back to the original topic, over the last year I have had many friends buy their first gun. About 80% are liberal as well. Teachers, Imigrants from Iran and Egypt, lgbtq, Jews, Japanese, and young (21-31) females. Many of them live in the city, and most of them keep it on the down low (aka no gun stickers in car window).

I think it is imperitive to show kindness towards these folks when we encounter them. Show safety, empathy, and heck, maybe let them fire a few of YOUR rounds in YOUR cool gun. When I was a kid more than a few old timers just let me have a go on their guns. Made a big impression on me.
One of my favorite moments was when an old feller handed me his Sharps carbine and let me take a shot at a milk jug 300 yards away on his land. I was only nine and missed but I was bitten by the bug and the hobby has given me joy ever since.

From what I gather by talking with new clients in my area, most of the new gun owners have no plans on actually carrying their new gun. They seem to think merely owning a gun will see them through any tough times, even if it's locked up in a safe somewhere--I met a guy 2 weeks ago, he didn't even have any ammo for the S&W 38Sp that his gf bought for him & he called me out to open & repair his safe so he would have a place to lock up his new gun gift (i'm still not sure why, exactly)

We can do this all night. You know that, right?
If I thought it would change your mind, I'd do a search for good shoots, but I'll wager that Big Tech has already scrubbed all of those from the internet.

I agree with you that some people aren't cut out to be cops, just the same as some people aren't cut out to be rocket scientists.
But removing qualified immunity from ALL cops? I don't see that as the solution.
The solution would be to remove the people from policing that are not suited to be police. Seems logical to me...
The problem I see with qualified immunity is we know already that absolute power corrupts absolutely--too many cops are using their qualified immunity as an excuse, it can be seen everyday somewhere

Did you notice the House passed this?

Last Edited:
From what I gather by talking with new clients in my area, most of the new gun owners have no plans on actually carrying their new gun. They seem to think merely owning a gun will see them through any tough times, even if it's locked up in a safe somewhere--I met a guy 2 weeks ago, he didn't even have any ammo for the S&W 38Sp that his gf bought for him & he called me out to open & repair his safe so he would have a place to lock up his new gun gift (i'm still not sure why, exactly)
This isn't such a bad thing. Some believe most people are too stupid to go right on out and start carrying a gun. Except for them of course. :rolleyes: A person should play with their gun a bunch before they actually put ammo in it, or go out and shoot it. Get familiar with it's feel. Contemplate the safety rules and practice them. You go to a gun safety training class you spend time in a classroom. Then handle some "blue guns". There's just no reason a person should be forced to take classes to own a gun if they're going to take the time beforehand to become familiar with their firearm.

This isn't such a bad thing. Some believe most people are too stupid to go right on out and start carrying a gun. Except for them of course. :rolleyes: A person should play with their gun a bunch before they actually put ammo in it, or go out and shoot it. Get familiar with it's feel. Contemplate the safety rules and practice them. You go to a gun safety training class you spend time in a classroom. Then handle some "blue guns". There's just no reason a person should be forced to take classes to own a gun if they're going to take the time beforehand to become familiar with their firearm.
The other thing I notice is not one of these folks ever get what I consider to be a 'useful' gun. I think a gun you can easily conceal will be more often carried & therefore more useful in keeping one safe

The other thing I notice is not one of these folks ever get what I consider to be a 'useful' gun. I think a gun you can easily conceal will be more often carried & therefore more useful in keeping one safe
I'll tell you what though, I can say from experience, if your going to get into firearms, for protection or otherwise, don't make your first some little pocket gun. Please? Yeah, I know there are probably exceptions to that.

SO - if I am NOT wearing a mask and NOT getting vaxxed am I threatening your health?

OR are you responsible for your own health and safety?

Do MY choices make me responsible for your health and safety?
People who are vaxxed do not need to worry about others that are not vaxxed, mask or no mask.... IF the vax works as we are being told.... can't have it both ways.

Those that choose not to get vaxxed are responsible for themselves. I don't have a problem with that choice, but they need to own it!!!

That said, I cannot read most of the argument here, because it is with somebody that I have on ignore. The reason for that choice seems to be obvious.

The problem I see with qualified immunity is we know already that absolute power corrupts absolutely--too many cops are using their qualified immunity as an excuse, it can be seen everyday somewhere
So, rather than remove those particular police officers that are abusing QI, let's remove QI for all police officers. That seems bass ackwards and a "one size fits all" approach (which as we have seen in every other instance where that style of approach has been applied) that doesn't work. Again, removing QI for *all* cops doesn't seem to be to the solution to me. Just remove the cops that are abusing QI seems to me to be a better solution.
Did you notice the House passed this?

I don't place much faith in my congressional "leaders", and I think that 90% of the members of Congress don't know very much about anything.
So when you point out to me that the HoR passed some bill, I typically don't take the position that it's a shining example of government brilliance.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top