Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The end of the world as we know it.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by IronMonster, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Well, I-594 passed, as I suspected it would.

I-591 failed, Which I hoped it wouldn't.

Its going to be weird to see how things go from here. I expect lots of guns to change hands in the next 30 days

benja455 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. TastyWheat87

TastyWheat87 Washington Active Member

Hopefully the turd legislation, known as I-594, is challenged hard, from every possible angle.

I-591, while not likely, could still squeak by since about 48% of the ballots have yet to be counted. Right now, that's what I'm hoping for as its our best shot at defeating I-594...

3. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Well shoot.... Anybody want a m&p 9 for $1500? :rolleyes:

After the MPHS shooting I figured 594 would pass. I'm curious as to what their next step will be. Magazine limits I wager.

Brutus57 and coastal steelheader like this.
  4. donaldc

donaldc Seattle Active Member

Well since the I-594 crowd has told people repeatedly that handing someone a gun while target shooting on private property is not a transfer, I expect most of you will take them at their word and not get a background check for said target shooting. We can only hope the prosecutors agree with that assertion, unfortunately history is not on our side when the prosecutor want to make an example of someone.

I agree with Oklahomie - if we don't get our act together, magazine capacity limits are next. It will start with 15 rounds then go to 10. You don't need a crystal ball to see what will happen - just look at what has happened in other states.

WilliamIV and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Get way more organized and get legislation passed to stop the bloomfarts from buying your state, or Washington will be worse than California or WA DC. They are working you and now they have their steam up Get serious up there or become slaves to the tyrants.

Nickb, SPU and Michael Js like this.
  6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Of course we still need to get this fixed and roll back more laws.

Here is an interesting point I read on another board.

"I find it interesting thinking about who is going to enforce this. It isn't a federal mandate. It is confined to the state. So who is going to enforce? WSP? Doubt it. Our sheriff is against it, if he decides not to act on it, what changes...? Just some thoughts.."

Of course there is still how are "they" going to prove it? Even if you go to an FFL and do a 4473 they are not trackable by name, gun, serial number, or any other easy way. Then they would have to know what shop it was transferred at. Where is the money going to come from to prove you didn't do a transfer?

7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Next year in Oregon something like this will be on your ballots. I sure hope that the rich M. F. don't by your elections like they did here.....

8. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Absolutely.

"No one wants to take away your guns" is such a bald-faced lie it's embarrassing that people believe it.

That's the entire goal of legislation like this. Limit standard magazines to 15 > 10 > 7 > single shot. Tax ammo. Universal background checks as a backdoor universal gun registry. Confiscations. Invasion home search and seizure. That's why we as responsible gun owners who value the rights codified in the Second Amendment cannot give an inch; we've already "compromised" too much.

9. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

They'll try.

And the liberals who cry murder about the Koch brothers will gleefully turn a blind eye to the millions spent by Bloomberg.

SPU, benja455, Michael Js and 4 others like this.
  10. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They don't have to buy it. All they have to do is get Mulcommie County to vote one way and what the other 35 counties vote does not mean jack shot.

11. donaldc

donaldc Seattle Active Member

I also think one of the reasons we lost here is because we were "the party of no" so to speak. We didn't bring any "solutions" to the table, we just said no, no, no. They say they want universal background checks, guess what!! We agree with that! Then we introduce legislation allowing the use of the NICS system for private individuals. They say they want restrictions on magazine size? Gun owners agree this is a great idea! Let's ban all high capacity magazines that hold over 50 or 100 rounds. Then when that doesn't stop any crimes they say they want to limit magazine size to 15 rounds and it becomes a lot more difficult because we have already "compromised"

benja455, balaperdida and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. WilliamIV

WilliamIV Longview, Washington Active Member

That's exactly what I thought when the billionaires came in buying the election. They cry about bug money in politics but when it's for their agenda they have no problem with it.

Caveman Jim and Michael Js like this.
  13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

"the ends justify the means."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is to remember Dec 4,2014 when asked about a gun sale

So how are they defining 'transfer of a weapon/firearm' ?
    Is handing another person an actual transfer?

15. WilliamIV

I don't even think the the people that voted for this know the answer to this question. They just wanted more nonsense laws that can't be enforced. I don't know one law enforcement officer that will enforce this law. And I have a feeling nobody will obey this law either.

Caveman Jim and Nwcid like this.
  16. Nwcid

Transfer is NOT defined, one of many problems. Since it is not defined, probably.

As of next month I will be a criminal and so will my wife if we have access to each others guns in our own home.

Caveman Jim and WilliamIV like this.
  17. WilliamIV

Same here. I think majority of us will be criminals. I'll be one automatically because my girlfriend leaves her ruger lc9 in my safe with me usually.

18. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I am pretty sure spouses are exempt, Next thing you know girlfriends will be using it as a tactic to push you into marriage :D

ikemay and EVILZ like this.
  19. WilliamIV

Sshhh! Don't give her any ideas! [emoji3]

ikemay and EVILZ like this.
  20. Nwcid

I would prefer you to quit thinking and start reading, because they are NOT exempt except for 3 cases;

(f) The temporary transfer of a firearm (i) between spouses or domestic partners; (ii) if the temporary transfer occurs, and the firearm is kept at all times, at an established shooting range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located; (iii) if the temporary transfer occurs and the transferee's possession of the firearm is exclusively at a lawful organized competition involving the use of a firearm, or while participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group that uses firearms as a part of the performance;

So it will be illegal for you to touch hers and her to touch yours in your own home.........

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2013-14/Pdf/Initiatives/Initiatives/INITIATIVE 594.pdf

Caveman Jim likes this.