JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK fine you have convinced me. I picked up an assembled 16" upper with an M-Lok handguard on sale, and a $139 PSA complete lower. Now I am trying to decide between MBUS sights or a cheap red dot or both.
Both is good. I have MBUS or other flip-up "iron" sights on anything that has holo/red dot sights unless it's strictly a range toy. Sig seems to have the best inexpensive red dots. If budget is an issue I would start with the MBUS since they seem like they would be less prone to failure or defects. I've never had MBUS fail and I've had cheap optics pack it in more than once.

I'll give a slightly dissenting opinion, I think a good RDS is best these days, you can always point and shoot pretty accurately. Consider a RDS with two power sources like solar and battery (Holosun for one). The older you get the more worthless MBUS become.

I do like both and have both, but if only one.....?

Handing over a gun to someone that isn't already experienced or owns firearms (really though who's experienced and doesn't own at least one firearm?) is an absolute no for me. Waste of ammo, more likely to get friendly fired on, accidental discharge, just plain stupidity. They can have a melee weapon of their choice, but I'm not gonna be fun Santa to the poor unprepared.

I'll give a slightly dissenting opinion, I think a good RDS is best these days, you can always point and shoot pretty accurately. Consider a RDS with two power sources like solar and battery (Holosun for one). The older you get the more worthless MBUS become.

I do like both and have both, but if only one.....?
I paint the front sight dayglow orange. I bet I'll get an extra 10 years out of my eyes just with that. I adjust the sight before I paint it and then paint only on the one side.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top