JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those big bangers are cool. Me? Meh. I'm really old school. At 25 yards or less my S/W 4506 has never failed me yet. Just works so smooth with the better grips and Day Glo or whatever sights. I don't shoot it much, but it goes with me on every camping trip.

4506.jpg bobpic1.jpg

Took it out with some warm .44 mag loads I made. (definitely did not start at the minimum load as I have always heard the eagle needs a stout load to cycle well, not max load or anything stupid. ) Recoil was light. I found I had to intentionally loosen my grip to let the slide cycle better. I am going to do a deep clean and probably put new springs throughout just to improve the slide's going into battery with a touch more oomph. Overall, surprisingly low recoil. I need to adjust my technique with it as I find myself holding it with an iron grip, which was too much. I will try the 357 and 50ae soon. Still waiting on the barrel for the 50ae

50AE in Sainless with the lower pic rail. Ya they are big.

Traded for it a few months back, was not looking to get one, but not, not intrested in having one. Figured Stainless with the extra lower pic rail was a distant 2nd to the TiNi in tiger strips. Got a be obnoxious to some degree with the big boy. (No idea what one would put on the lower rail, like a rail mounted KBAR or something :rolleyes:. No need for a flashlight, just shoot it to light things up!:eek:)

Its actually more fun to shoot than I thought it would be. Loaded up some 300gr freedom seeds and in business. Found a nice supply of once shot Speer nickel plated for not much, the Speer 300g Deepcurls were on clearance so it's actually not too much to shoot.

@Wombat of Doom enjoy your new Degale! I thought of getting the 44mag barrel for it but holding off as it would just be one more Cartridge to add to the reloading bench for me. The 50AE is enough for now. Now a dedicated .357 DE...... hmmmm

View attachment 753752
I know what I would put on there. A Crimson trace rail master. For dry fire, for working on no flinch with the rather odd ergonomics on this one. I like lasers, but as a training device while dry firing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top