Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Dueling Tree, my new favorite target,,,

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by coyote223, Jun 24, 2016.

1. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

These thing's are a lot of fun to shoot, will make you blast through the ammo stash fast. Should have bought one years ago. Matt does a good job on them, very happy with it. If you have a place to drag one of these things to, worth the coin for sure,,,

6AAE14CE-4CB2-4684-9088-49A66BB4F5CE_zpsxgganlmf.jpg

01991F38-A2E6-48CB-8A46-7B1F69F0E1FC_zpszt3wcobp.jpg

2. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I haven't shot one but can imagine the games to play at the range.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've had one for a while. Absolutely love it. I've created all types of pistol games and drills with it.

You'll be glad to have made this purchase!

4. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Id love to have one of these but I dont think it would fit in my shooting buddies car.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Tilos

Tilos Idaho Active Member

Yes, I have a 6 paddle 22LR tree that consumes mass quantities of ammo, and have bought a paddle kit to build a center fire tree, that I have yet to build.
    dueling tree | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdueling+tree+.TRS0&_nkw=dueling+tree+&_sacat=0)
    Lots of games to play...looser burns up ammo resetting the tree, or spotting a hit to someone who doesn't win a much, move the tree further out for rifle, in for pistols, lots of variations.
    :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  6. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

Do the paddles flip back on these? are they spring loaded or...? Id love to have a multiple target, rifle caliber self resetting system.

7. Tilos

Tilos Idaho Active Member

Older design trees like my 22LR have a cam surface on the upper rim of the pivot tube, with the peak directly behind the center post.
    This causes the paddle to fall to either side, without stopping behind the post.

The trees I have seen, with some sort of spring or mechanical adjustment, did not work well, and I have mod'ed them to work for friends.

The newest designed trees have the center/vertical "trunk" angled/leaning forward (towards the shooter) as much as 20 degrees.
    This serves 2 purposes, the paddles are also tipped forward so the bullets deflect downward, and the upper flat rim of the pivot tube is angled with it's peak directly behind the center post, so the paddles will fall either left or right via gravity, not some finicky adjustable spring or bolt.
    Here's some vids of tree in action:
    videos of dueling tree - Bing video (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=videos+of+dueling+tree&qpvt=Vids+of+dueling+tree&FORM=VDRE)
    Here's some DIY tree builds:
    Homemade Dueling Tree - Bing video (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Homemade+Dueling+Tree&FORM=RESTAB)
    :)